It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chimps, Tools and Honey

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks

Hiya Punkinworks, I've heard that story too. I wanted to link it for fun and found out that it's a bit of urban folklore! The story of the midnight snacking octopus has been reported all over. I did a little search myself and found this.

reply to post by VampireZio

Thanks for the post...

Chimps are one of the most dangerous primates. A zoo keeper at one of my local zoo's was telling a few stories about chimps and how they are capable of plotting murder even if its not right away. Most are just trouble makers that try to get a rise out of anyone and anyone hence the reason for throwing 'poo' as long as you don't react then they won't continue, but turn and yell at them and you opened yourself up to more abuse.

Yup. A lot of people see them as the cute little rascals from Disney movies or bad cable shows. The reality is that they share all of our worst traits and are six times the strength
I know a lot of folks don't like to think that we share common ancestors, to me the evidence is in the behaviors as well the DNA. The Chinese used to say that 'you kill a chicken to teach a monkey.' A chimpanzee can kill another to teach the rest. Now where have I seen that before?

new topics

<< 1   >>

join