It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago O'Hare Airport UFO Witness Breaks His Silence (video) [likely hoax]

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I agree that it looks fake. I did find a bit of the description amusing though:

If you watch the clip properly

I guess that is opposed to watching the clip with our eyes closed or our monitors off.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pimpish
I agree that it looks fake. I did find a bit of the description amusing though:

If you watch the clip properly

I guess that is opposed to watching the clip with our eyes closed or our monitors off.

or maybe he means we must engage into blind believer mode before watching the clip? then it will make perfect sense and there will be nothing wrong or suspicious that can make us doubt it is the real thing.

[edit on 22-3-2009 by Kaifan]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I agree that this video looks like it was shot off a screen. The regular flicker and some transient "moire" artifacts in a few frames near the end of the clip contribute to that notion.

In any case, I decided to crunch the pixels on this one.

I stabilized the footage and combined the frames to generate a composite image:

here is a close-up of the ufo, enhanced to show detail:

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I did a spectral analysis of the clip's audio track. Other than evidence of a prominent low-pass filter, it appears to be white noise.

One would expect some sort of environmental sounds from a genuine cellphone video.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The video is a crock, a badly made CGI but i don't like to force the people to dont believe in its genuinity. Maybe the guy is trying to illustrate to us what he saw: In that case USE MAYA dude, dont use just after effects because it's sooooooooooooooo flat what you get.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Low pass filters usually work over an octave.... a 24 db one is a pretty steep one, but it wouldn't produce a read out like that. Thats huge drop over a tiny range. That, i would think, is an artifact of the mic built into the phone not something added after...

What i don't get, is the rise in the sub sonic frequencies... If i want to produce a phone mic effect using equalisation i would use a bell shaped curve that peaks at about 800 hz and falls quite steeply either side of that.

That suggests either, the recording wasn't done with the phone or, something in the phones vicinity was pushing out a huge amount of low and sub bass frequencies that even the phones crappy mic caught some of...

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
It infuriates me when people create hoaxes for fun / notoriety. We know the Chicago O'Hare UFO incident as one of the most famous of recent times, perhaps the most significant since Roswell. I wish Dan Ackroyd would hurry up and release the footage he has, whatever happened to that? We had a thread going on it, but we all gave up on it in the end. If there's genuine footage out there, it's the right of the general public to see it!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

REPLY TO: AvidWatcher

I remember the day and it was totally overcast. I was directly east in the Lincolnwood area.

I live in McHenry, Illinois, I agree, I remember the day clearly, it was a dim overcast day, no blue sky at all, the video was not made at Ohare Airport on that day. Original Poster has ruined any credibility he may have had.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
The guy has already debunked himself.
He says the reason for having no sound of the airplane and other airport sounds is that cellphone have bad microphones.
However when he uploaded another video the same day allegedly showing a craft over AREA51 (which was not shot by himself as he stated ) it had almost exactly the same sound as his O'Hare video.
After I wrote that into the O'Hare comments the ARea51 video was removed again.
Also my critic (but never insulting) comments on Youtube get deleated by him.

[edit on 26-3-2009 by triklops]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Aside from that its a clear blue sunny day, NOT what the conditions where on that day, automatic FAIL.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Hmm, im wondering why there isnt any sound. Surely you would be able to hear his breathing. I know if i was in his position i would be breathing heavily, maybe begain to give details, time date, place, surroundings. I would definately record my surroundings and surely being in an airport there has to be noise. Assuming of course that he is at the airport. WHich when i look at the video again, the "plane" underneath it (more like behind it) seems to small for him to be at the airport. So i guess the lack of noise could either be that he wasnt at the airport or this video is fake.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
I haven't gone back to the O'Hare thread to refresh yet but I remember the member Eyewitness stating it was more of an M&M shape. That disc looks thinner then how the other description sounded. Also I think the video disc is larger then described.

Something doesn't add up...

right, i thought there was a cell phone snap of the m&m shaped craft hanging below the gray clouds. good job pointing this fact out cause i was thinking it just as i was getting to read your post.

if these hoaxers plan on hoaxing at least they can corraborate together.

since im NOT a video expert, i will just say that i am rather amused by the video..i dont see how anyone could make money off of a faked ufo video that a producer could easily just pull off the net and add to the film. but whateva...

since i rather pay attention to testemony.. this guy seems to be playing it safe and he sounds like so many other people who want to remain annonymous. seems credible to me. for now.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Armour For Victor
Hmm, im wondering why there isnt any sound. Surely you would be able to hear his breathing. I know if i was in his position i would be breathing heavily, maybe begain to give details, time date, place, surroundings. I would definately record my surroundings and surely being in an airport there has to be noise. Assuming of course that he is at the airport. WHich when i look at the video again, the "plane" underneath it (more like behind it) seems to small for him to be at the airport. So i guess the lack of noise could either be that he wasnt at the airport or this video is fake.

Well here is his answer to that :

Ok, so I will answer some of the main questions directed at me. All I can say is that the footage is 100% real and genuine. The reason it's not great quality is because it's only 3 mega pixel cell phone footage, and yes we had zoom 2 years ago, and to say I filmed it of a screen is untrue and insane. The sound is crappy because I was at some distance from the aircraft, and cell phone's dont pick up much sound, they only have a tiny microphone for recording sound. The reason I only got one minute's worth of footage is because my cell phone's memory was full and it stopped recording. Dont you think I would just pay somebody to create me a stunning piece of evidence if I really wanted to pull a hoax???? Think about it...........

for me this just sounds silly. And as I said his other video (which he quickly removed) has just the same sound as this one even though he stated himself that it was not filmed by himself.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Put in the fact the video taker did not reference the Control Tower or any other building and I will say this is a hoax. It was bound to happen, and the anonymous posting to YouTube is always a red flag.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Someone has since 'contacted him' with additional footage from a different angle:

I still think the original footage has the interlacing artifacts from a television screen - and well, this new footage is of the usual poor quality.

Amazing really that the world's second largest passenger airport has so few camcorders of reasonable quality at it.

-m0r

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
It will be on Fox News in a few minutes from the time of this post at 5:32 am Pacific. Tune in, should be relatively boring..

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

There is something strange with that video, it looks like a still image moving to simulate video.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Agreed that there is something not right about it - I think I can see something (a radar?) moving over on the left of the screen, but I have to try very hard and may be seeing something just for the sake of wanting to.

I only posted it here as it's been recently uploaded by the person who uploaded the first video.

As I mentioned earlier, the 2nd busiest passenger airport in the world and no footage of this from a better camcorder - doesn't really gel with me.

-m0r

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

I think the movement may be just the result of the compression artifacts changing, but it's hard to tell.

Another thing, although I do not know that airport, I do not remember seeing (and I cannot find) any building looking that the one on the video.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join