It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A.I.G. Revenge Is All the Rage, but It Isn't Healthy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

I'm not part of any mob, I haven't threatened anyone and I'm entitled to my opinion.

This isn't about me - If I killed somebody accidentally while driving as you say and somehow I could skirt out of my responsibility because of some legal loophole or the fact that I have a financial relationship with a few employees in the prosecutors office - I think I would expect that there might be some angry people protesting outside my residence or perhaps making death threats towards me.

I hope I never do anything in my life that would cause people to make death threats against me. If I did something wrong it's not the people who make death threats that I'd be worried about.

I never implied it was okay that peoples families are threatened by angry people. I only implied that if you expose your family to death threats because of your behaviors that have put you all in the spotlight it's your own damn fault.

I'm not judge and jury but it's my personal observation that there's too much greed in this world.

Greed and jealously has created its own chaos.

[edit on 22-3-2009 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
These people who have pillaged our homes should be stripped of their wealth, and put in public stockades to have rotten fruit thrown at them. They should be imprisoned, and made an example of for all time.

Ulitmately they should be fed to the starving they have created.

Eat the Rich!

I do not support mob violence or unlawful activity. It should all be done lawful like with cermony and decorum befitting their place in society.

Then ups with their heels and smother their squeals in the scum of a boiling broth!

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I dont agree with the position that article takes that wanting revenge is unhealthy.

Resources are a matter of life and death for people. If you lose your job, your health insurance, your life savings, and then have a critical illness, you may not be able to afford life saving treatment. It could literally be the death of you.

And I am sure you can think of hundreds of other ways losing your resources can negatively affect your ability to live. You lose your car, lose your job because the commute is no longer possible for you, Lose your house and end up on the street and are raped or killed, etc.

There is a reason we consider theft a crime. Throughout human history, stealing a persons possessions can lead to the victims death or the death of a family member. Sure we have more social programs in place today and death is less likely to occur, but it still isnt outside the realm of possibility.

Why should we pretend that these people committed a victimless crime? Because the same government programs many of them advocate doing away with are able to mitigate the dire consequences people face because of their behavior? In other words, is it less a crime to rob you if you have insurance? No, it isnt.

I think nature has built into groups a desire to weed out members of that group who add little and take much. And I think nature has built into groups a strong desire to remove members who threaten the survival of the whole group purely out of individual self interest.

I dont necessarily think it is a bad idea to remove from the gene pool the greediest individuals whose rapacious appetites threaten the survival of the whole. Preferably with life in prison at hard labor, rather than death. I dont think doing it out of rage is a good idea, but thats because rage is not good for you as an individual. All that physiological response stuff. But I think we need to come down harder on those whose self interests damage our country and our collective interests as a nation.

<< 1   >>

join