It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a thought...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Maybe it's time that we did a mass inactive account wipe here at ATS.

I was just thinking about it while browsing the members list, and I go to thinking that maybe if we went through and deleted all accounts older than 3 months with 5 posts or less, or accounts that haven't been used in over six months, it would take away alot of the members that never use the board, or have moved on
from ATS.

I just figured that I'd note this, since the members page is very, very long, and we could shorten it up by dumping some of the chaff.

Anyone have a comment about this?

(Oh, and BTW, this is my 1000th post. Yay me.)

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   

And yes, I think it's a good idea too.

[Edited on 20-4-2004 by Pisky]

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Well then, I almost got deleted, thanks Loki!

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I agree with this idea. I would definataly save on some spacer on the servers. What good is having a person have a n account who came here once to comment an a topic onec that was near and dear to their hearts one time in 2002. Mass delete. -Muzz

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Happy 1000th, Loki!

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
But how many member browse the members section anyway�Hi would imagine not many not piss on your flames Liko but how is this gonna help the main discussion part of ATS?

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
But how many member browse the members section anyway�Hi would imagine not many not piss on your flames Liko but how is this gonna help the main discussion part of ATS?

Ok, so get rid of the members that haven't logged in sence 2002 or some long time ago. It would help be not having to keep such a large database of members that don't use the board. -Muzz

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
that's a tad unfair no, if theres some poor shmo who works or, like me has school, this is kind of a low priority to maintain a post quota, Am i right.

If I had a choise I'd wipe anyone who has made posts that are allmost totaly pointless, I mean I COULD get a butt load o post by just posting "BLARGADOOBAWHOOPWHOOP!" on any thread I haven't already tagged.
Or we could jst do the suggestion mentioned by the dude above this post.
Just a suggestion

[Edited on 23-4-2004 by ShirtNinja]

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
What I"m saying is that the people that haven't logged in sence march 3, 2002 and only made two post, try to e-mail them and see what they say. Try sending a warning saying that if you don't log in in the next 5 days your account will be terminated.

new topics

top topics

join