It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PEOPLE really are pathetic! Just watch!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I hate our society these days. There is NO moral standing. There is NO honor anymore. There are NO priorities. NO common sense, NO values...its soooooo sad. Our nation is being held together by very few...the rest of the retards are like the ones you'll see below.

Sorry if this has been posted...

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75
I hate our society these days. There is NO moral standing. There is NO honor anymore. There are NO priorities. NO common sense, NO values...its soooooo sad. Our nation is being held together by very few...the rest of the retards are like the ones you'll see below.

So, a few people outside a bar/nightclub...speak for the intelligence of the whole nation?
Stand outside a school and ask that question.
Stand outside a firehouse or police station.
Stand outside any freakin' address in Manhattan and I'm sure you'll get the right answer more often than not.
But true enough, like one person said..
"Does it really matter?"
Does the YEAR really matter?
The nation has been so overwhelmed with everything POST 9/11 that no wonder some can't remember when it supposedly all started.
I agree with you that there are lower standards of morals, values, honor and priorities.But simply remembering the the year of 9/11..is NOT high on a list of priorities for most people, unless you yourself were personally affected by the events of that day.
People worry about whatever they need to most of all, to get through life and let other stuff fall by the wayside.
People are no doubt more concerned with the fear of an attack on a different date, or the date set for the end of the war so their family members can come home safe.
I'm not trying to trivialize it....as I too was glued to the news for weeks after the attacks. But it is, now, history as a date in time....just like all historical dates in a school lesson..and subject to only the memories of those who deem it important enough.Sadly, without google, most adults cannot remember the historical dates of any other terrorist/other attacks either.
Ask them the dates of Columbine shootings, OKlahoma city bombing, even Georgia tech, and you'd probably get the same responses as to your first question..(If you asked the patrons, outside a bar that is.)
It's not what you ask per say, but whom you ask.

Edit to add,
the question was being posed by a show that follows around celebrities and then goes on to diss people when they know more about celebs than historical dates.
Pot calling the kettle black.

[edit on 22-3-2009 by AccessDenied]

new topics

join