It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Summit to Be Protected by 2,500 Extra Police Officers

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Apologies, I missed your earlier post.
I will do my best to keep you guys accross the pond updated as things happen.
If there is any serious trouble, I am sure that the MSM will play it all down
I will post links to any video clips as soon as I see them. At the moment I am elsewhere, but will be flying into the UK soon

PEACE,
RK

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

well being a us citizen if it was my uncle i would never talk to him again. my RIGHTS-maybe not all laws- are gauranteed me by the constitution my forefathers KNEW we needed to keep our gov't -against this corruption-which apparently our gov't doesn't believe.
amendment #1- the right of the people to peacefully protest
#2 the right to bear arms to keep a gov't from becoming tyrranical
not going into the exact wording but if you read it there is no other interpretation
obviously #1 is the start and if they don't listen then #2 is the next step
why else would they make these #1&2?
not sure about how the rights are in other countries but i know these are my RIGHTS here THAT WERE GAURANTEED BY THE FOREfATHERS UNDER THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES. because they went through it and it seems we are again
preiod.
and only firsts entence was for you. rest was my opinion and not directed to you so please don't get offended

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

hehe looking forward to this now..gonna get the popcorn and watch the news all day either that or pay £25 to go to london via train maybe thats not a good idea..if it kicks off..(which i doubt still) all hell will break loose...
UK IS Big Brother..microchips,biometric passports,CCTV everywhere,ID cards,police powers to detain suspicious individuals, gonna get a whole lot worse
the day will come when the world will forgive the NWO conspiracy theorists when it finall begins..as all the pieces are now fitting together. 2009-2012 is gonna be the most interesting timeframe in Human history i'd say.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
reply to post by Tinman67

I thought the same thing last nite...

Why not have it on one of their private islands...you know...the ones they bought with all our cash?

Where they plan to run and hide when this all crashes?

Oh...just answered my own question...'cause then we'd know where they'll run to...hhhmmm...

[edit on 3/22/2009 by Hx3_1963]

Think about it logically, they are people with power. If they host the summit somewhere else, it will show their lack of control. No politician wants to portray itself and it's members as weak and powerless.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

THIS IS A TEST OF THE NEWLY INSTALLED POLICE STATE. THIS IS ONLY A TEST.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Techsnow

Nice...I wonder if I should install the Texas Alert Version on my other thread...

Fox News Discusses Mexico Exodus & Camps?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfoot1212

I agree. My uncle is a brainwashed cop. Fortunately, I talked about all what was going to happen back in 06 to my father, and now everything I told him is happening. So hopefully one day I'll sit down with my father and my uncle so my father can tell him and convince him that the NWO is the real thing.

If then he don't understand, I won't talk to him anymore. He's a good guy at the core, but he's brainwashed. I'm sure a lot of cops are like that. Their whole life they believed in the system and can't believe they've been lied to.

[edit on 22-3-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ownification

Why not have it on one of their private islands...you know...the ones they bought with all our cash?

Oh...just answered my own question...'cause then we'd know where they'll run to...hhhmmm...

Think about it logically, they are people with power. If they host the summit somewhere else, it will show their lack of control. No politician wants to portray itself and it's members as weak and powerless.

Then lets see them have it oh...lets say madison square garden maybe...or better yet central park.., they could have a nice pic-nic brunch!

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by pegasi51

Originally posted by Ownification

Then lets see them have it oh...lets say madison square garden maybe...or better yet central park.., they could have a nice pic-nic brunch!

That was a pointless post... I regress. I was daydreaming about a tropical island paradise and what a waste it would be to use them for advancement of corrupt, alternative, agenda... HO HUM... The fact is they probably meet more often than we think they do, and we'll never know.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
reply to post by kdial1

Nice, just don't get caught if you video tape the police, I know they just recently made that illegal over there. Be safe! Looking forward to the footage.

Although I have a feeling that they are going to be to pre-occupied CYA'ing to worry about videographers.

I did the same for the RNC and DNC. Very interesting times for sure!!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I remember a friend of mine saying: "I hope police bring EXTRA hard batons to the G20 protest!" I see now what he was on about....hehe.

The behaviour displayed at the 2006 G20 meeting was an absolute disgrace. "Protesters" were throwing objects at police, vandalising property, damaging security fences and injuring police and non-protesters in the area.

Not only did these actions cause grief and inconvenience for people in the surrounding areas, it also damaged Australia's reputation as a civilised and safe place to hold international summits.

Therefore I can understand the need for 2,500 extra police to be patrolling the area for this summit.

[edit on 23/3/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
G20 to be most expensive police operation in British history
www.telegraph.co.uk...

G20: Strikes planned against Canary Wharf and BT Tower
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Obama drops British meetings amid security concerns
www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Police warn of 'unprecedented' threat to London from over 2,000 G20 protesters
www.telegraph.co.uk...< br />

Gordon Brown told to expect 'spicy' G20
www.telegraph.co.uk...

[edit on 3/26/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
...And there ya are folks...here's what the plans are...

G20 summit: What to expect
www.telegraph.co.uk...
The G20 London Summit will be surrounded by protestors, campaigners and police: Here is a timeline of major events:

Sunday 29 March
Police increase security at Oxford v Cambridge boat race after threats were posted on the anarchist website that the annual event might be targeted.

Monday 30 March
Businesses prepare for week of chaos in London. Police presence on streets starts to increase. Up to 2,000 police expected to be on London's streets during the week, all leave has been cancelled.

Transport for London expected to release list of roads, tube stations and parks to be closed.

Mexican President Felipe Calderon starts an official two day state visit to Britain.

Tuesday 31 March
World leaders start to arrive at airports as well as RAF bases such as Northholt. Many are expecting to be staying in their countries' embassies in west London. US president Barack Obama fly in to Britain on his first overseas visit.

Police start to erect barriers and seal off streets, particularly in the City of London. Banks, hotels, law firms and stockbrokers start to fortify their offices and shops against likely trouble from protesters.

Wednesday 1 April
11am G20 Meltdown. Groups styling themselves as "Four Horsefolk of the Apocalypse" expected to converge at London stations including Moorgate, Liverpool Street, London Bridge and Cannon Street stations.

12pm Four different columns of marchers converge on the Bank of England. Live music, street theatre. Another group - Climate Change - will march on the European Climate Exchange in Bishopsgate, with tents.

12.30pm People and Planet, made up of students campaigning to end world poverty, to protest outside banks in Bishopsgate area of City. Activists plan a 24-hour "flashcamp".

2pm Stop the War coalition marches to the US embassy in Grosvenor Square, and then onto Trafalgar Square. Rising Tide campaigners expected to hold climate change demonstration.

4pm University of East London holds alternative G20 Summit. Speakers include Tony Benn, film director Ken Loach, former mayor Ken Livingstone, Labour MP John McDonnell and Green party leader Caroline Lucas.

Campaign Against Climate Change stages a "climate emergency iceberg demo" outside the Excel centre, the site of Thursday's summit

Afternoon (timings not released) The Queen holds formal audiences with the prime ministers of Australia and Canada separately in her private apartment in Buckingham Palace.

Late afternoon The Queen meets privately with President Obama and Michele Obama in her private apartment.

Evening Reception for world leaders and heads of delegations at Buckingham Palace hosted by the Queen and Prince Philip.

Dinner at 10 Downing, hosted by Gordon and Sarah Brown, for world leaders and heads of delegation

8pm England v Ukraine World Cup football qualifier kicks off at Wembley, testing Metropolitan Police's resources to the maximum.

Thursday 2 April
7am Protest expected outside the London Stock Exchange.

Morning (timings not yet released)

G20 starts at Excel Centre with separate working breakfasts for finance ministers and country leaders.

Official photograph of world leaders.Finance ministers and leaders come together for first plenary session.

Youth March for Jobs from Camberwell Green to Excel Centre, via Bank of England. Seven protests groups, including Stop The War Coalition, due to meet outside Excel Centre.

A March for Jobs, in the tradition of the Jarrow Marchers, to be held through some of the poorest boroughs in London.

First session ends. Working lunch for leaders and finance ministers. Stop the War demonstration in Westminster,

Afternoon

Second plenary session begins with world leaders and finance ministers

Closing press conference with world leaders

Friday 3 April
Morning Campaigners could shift protests to Edinburgh where Royal Bank of Scotland is holding its annual general meeting.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

G20 protesters to march in London(BBC)

Thousands of people are expected to march through London later to demand action on poverty and climate change ahead of next week's G20 summit.
The Put People First alliance of 150 charities and unions will march from Embankment to Hyde Park for a rally.
Speakers will call on G20 leaders to pursue a new kind of global justice.
A series of protests are planned around the London summit, but Saturday's rally organisers say there is no evidence any marchers intend to break the law.

Two different stories..Hmmm.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join