It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people commit suicide when God is suppose to only give you as much as you can stand??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
What if your body is really no different than a car? What if you are energy and your body just simply transports that energy around to have experiences? Have you ever thought that maybe your body is really not all that important in the grand scheme of things? I for one think they should sell assisted suicide kits in Walmart, but maybe you really do learn something being miserable for the last 4-5 months laying in a bed in an extended care facility waiting for death. I know the hospitals love that kind of ending, just in my family the bills were a little over 2 million for 3 deaths. Or maybe you learn some very good lessons about character while doing chemo and still die. Yeah that god has a great sense of humor doesn't he. Lots of character building going on here.

Just think how nice things would be, had Eve not eaten that apple.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by saber13

Are you lost? Why are you looking for answers from others when you will only find the truth by looking inside yourself.

God lives within you. Ask Him yourself.

You will find peace.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Suicide has nothing to do with God. Suicide is caused by the manipulation of the mind from lower astral entities. Our thoughts are colored (manipulated) by the entities, to bring the living back to their sphere. Those thoughts, are brought by traumas (experiences) that cannot be handled by the person that commits suicide.
When science will discover the origin of thought, they will start to understand the extent of the manipulation. But until enough people on this planet are truly conscious, there will be more and more suicides. The rise of consciousness is the reason for the increase of suicides worldwide.
I see it as a war of light vs darkness.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Pain ends when your dead, for some people, that's all they want, suicide is a very selfish thing, it is all about caring about what you want.

I have the right to say this because I am in excruciating pain every single day of my life, my body is hypersensitive to touch, so I'm always in pain, a simple poke with someones finger feels like someone squeezing a bruised place, I also have 24 hour back pain too, plus I have a weak immune system, so I get sick all the time. I also work at a furniture store, I come home with bruises everyday from lifting sofas ect..

Some people are trying to escape emotional pain, once again, it's selfish, they don't care about the people they're leaving behind.

Me, well I have to live with the fact that I'm going to be alone for the res of my life, not something I want, but it is something I can handle, why? Because I know that deep down somewhere my life has purpose, even though I have a bad depression problem, I've even gotten almost to the point where I was going to pull the trigger, but do you know what got me past it? My love for others, I care more about other people than myself, that has kept me from doing myself in, even though I feel my life has no purpose, it very well may, I'm not dead yet, only when I die am I useless.

So yes, God will never give you more than you can handle, if you have Him in your life.

I'm sorta like Paul, I have a thorn in my side, many thorns, but that's just all they are is thorns.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

to OzWeatherman. VERY well said.

Originally posted by saber13
I was told by my Catholic priest when I was younger that God will only give you as much as you can take, and I use to take comfort in that.

Same here. Remember, priests and ministers and rabbis are human beings. They are supposed to be prayerful and are supposed to be called by God to help God's children on Earth. But .... and here's the big part ... they are human beings who don't have all the answers. They can only tell you what they believe to be true as taught to them through the ages by those who came before them. In other words - they aren't perfect and they don't claim to be. They can only answer you to the best of their knowledge.

Originally posted by jd140
If that person doesn't truly have God in their heart then they don't understand the notion that all bad things will pass.

That's bunk.

Someone with clinical depression has something bad that WILL NOT PASS. Drugs work sometimes, but many times they don't. For you to judge someone who has had to live in this kind of hell and couldn't take it anymore as someone who 'truly doesn't have God in their heart' - well that's just

Jeeeze .. even the Catholic Church now understands better than you do about suicide and that mental health issues exempt a person from being culpable when dealing with suicide.

Originally posted by saber13
But God still gave them too much if he knew that the person didn't have him in their heart then he shouldn't have pushed them so hard.

Good point. It's one of life's mysteries. Some people are selfish and commit suicide. Some do it because they are mad at God. Some are self destructive. But many just can't take it anymore due to clinical depression and other similar things.

I can see your point, saber. It's a mystery, isn't it?

[edit on 3/22/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I do think it is important to at least involve discussion of the "choice" element were suicide is concerned - not to condemn but to caution. To excuse all suicides of culpability leaves some with the impression that it is something outside of their control. In some cases this may be the case where there is a substantial psychological condition however the ability to resist the temptation/compulsion needs spoken of, for the sake of the many who in hardening times feel the drive towards self-annihalation.

For me, considering this to be in the religious conspiracies' forum, I offer what I did previously that being that the question of God vis-a-vis suicide is not that God "tests" the individual but that the individual is tested by the broken nature of their own personality and/or other personalities and/or other circumstances. God does not force the test but provides the grace to overcome that urge.

I don't write this glibbly, I myself have suffered an endless sequence of catastrophic and personally damaging events in the course of my life. At certain stages (and probably again in the future) the thought of shuffling off this mortal coil has been an active and attractive one in my mind. As a person of faith I have the warnings against suicide as a preventative but also reflection in faith. I spent a long time some years ago reflecting how God could have done all this to me. In the end I appreciated that he hadn't, that it had in fact been the actions of others, acting in their own freedom, which had largely caused my pain. What God provided me with was the grace to survive these events and build and continue my life as best I can and try never to be a cause of anxiety to others.

I've been in a speeding car on a motorway alone, I've looked at the attractiveness of the concrete bridge supports and the quick and violent end but I've also seen the grace of others waiting to help and support me - and oh how they did. Hence I have the time, opportunity and life to type this.

For people suffering severe depression I offer the understanding of someone who has been there and constantly hovers on the boundary of that place. I know I'll join you submerged in there again one day, I pray for the ability to recognise the suffiecient grace again for myself and anonymously always for others.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Supercertari
To excuse all suicides of culpability leaves some with the impression that it is something outside of their control.

Not sure if this is directed towards my post or not but I'll rephrase so that you, and others, understand what I said better.

Some commit suicide because of selfish reasons. They are culpable.
Some commit suicide because they are mad at God. They are culpable.
Some commit suicide because of mental health issues such as clinical depression. They are usually not culpable. Mental health issues where chemical imbalances are present negate culpability.

For the previous poster to say that 'all bad things pass' and that ALL people who commit suicide don't have God in their hearts ... that's dead wrong.

TO THE OP and his question - Why does God give you more than you can stand? I assume you mean those with mental health issues and clinical depressions - and my answer is I HAVE NO IDEA WHY God does what He does. I know he exists. I am absolutely sure of that. But whey He does what He does .... I won't know until I'm dead and kneeling at His feet in Heaven. It's a total mystery.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by teklordz
Suicide has nothing to do with God. Suicide is caused by the manipulation of the mind from lower astral entities. Our thoughts are colored (manipulated) by the entities, to bring the living back to their sphere. Those thoughts, are brought by traumas (experiences) that cannot be handled by the person that commits suicide.
When science will discover the origin of thought, they will start to understand the extent of the manipulation. But until enough people on this planet are truly conscious, there will be more and more suicides. The rise of consciousness is the reason for the increase of suicides worldwide.
I see it as a war of light vs darkness.

Hey there teklordz

Is that scientology`s perspective on suicide ?
It has nothing to do with "god" yet it is still caused by supernatural forces i.e lower astral entities manipulating us ....

[edit on 22-3-2009 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus

Hey there teklordz

Is that scientology`s perspective on suicide ?
It has nothing to do with "god" yet it is still caused by supernatural forces i.e lower astral entities manipulating us ....

Scientology? most certainly not! it's from personal experience that i got this knowledge. As long as humans are in the psysical realm, they are manipulated. Only full consciousness can oblitarate the domination of our mind.
To understand what i've just written, you need to understand that experience is needed to understand the game. I cannot transpose my experiences into that subject, because to "know it", you have to live it!
If anyone is aware of their multidimensionality, the knowledge of manipulation is slowly uncovered.

Edit to add:
Those supernatural forces are only supernatural because of the lack of knowledge. If you know about the true nature of human structure, they are not supernatural anymore.

[edit on 22-3-2009 by teklordz]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I believe that you are asking the wrong question.

The question should be why we take on more to ourselves then God wants us to take.

We are confused in our place in the circle of live. We think that we are in control of everything and everybody and this is not true.

There is nothing that takes more courage then a leap of faith; the courage to let go and let God be God.

Please do not make the mistake of thinking that I am speaking of any particular religious belief because I have no love for religion of any kind.

I am not going to derail this post with an argument about religion because the discussion here is about God and why he would make life intolerable for a person and the answer is he doesn’t.

We can’t have it both ways. We either surrender unto him or we make our own choices.

When we choose to live the life that we want we have to be willing to accept the consequences.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

It wasn't directed against your post or anyone elses, this is too important an issue to be combatative.

Your clarification is usefull though and serves as a clarification of what I said rather than your own comments - I did carefully use the phrase "to excuse all suicides of culpability."

It is no secret that suicides often provoke imitation and we find "pods" in the population of suicides from time to time.

I think its important that people neither say "It's God's fault" "It's a psychological thing" as generalizations. Hope isn't very prevelant in many people's lives these days and I wouldn't ever want to see anyone being "encouraged" by having another internal restriction removed.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Maybe people commit suicide, some of them, because they want to be with God.
Or because God's not fair... (does give more than people can stand)
Or maybe not real... or has no control over some things...

Not sure, but I don't think they're usually thinking about it at the time.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
It is not a weakness to feel like suicide is a better option than living. Always there is that same argument that you must be weak or somehow lacking in some way to even contemplate such a drastic course of action.

Suicide is tough to do, is a last resort to all who take that choice, and is much more related to a sense of hopelessness or desperation rather than some lable called "weakness."

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Its because the divine being GOD does not exist. He does not listen.... he does not heal... he does not care... he is not real. So pitifull..... just like you grew up and moved past stanta clause... so you must also move past this magical god.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
There are many outside influences in the relationship you share with your life. If you understand no matter how much suffering you endure or how much pain you intake, there will be a better turnout if you overcome the obstacle which presents itself. There's too many factors to just ask one question such as yours and expect a one sentenced direct answer.

The closest thing i can think of that would be a one liner is this; People commit suicide because they don't love themselves because of whatever happened during their lives.

Even then there is more to add.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

[

If anyone is aware of their multidimensionality, the knowledge of manipulation is slowly uncovered.

For me , this would be represented by my subconscious .In which " knowledge of manipulation is slowly uncovered " .....also.

The influence of my subconscious is a rather "spooky"
thing to ponder.
Though that is a bit of an oxi-moron ....

"We" make choices - its just that we are not aware of their root often .
They percolate up from of our sub cortex , a fascinating reminder of the evolution of our physical brains .

It is amazing that many of our actions are initiated by an aspect of ourselves which we are unaware of , - but it is still us.

=====================================
Tying this into the OP ,
We need to show greater vigilance to the fact that many things exert influence upon us ..... too often we remain blissfully ignorant of this .

And yet this is common knowledge acted upon by Ad agencies / think tanks / steering groups and government agencies. etc etc.

=====================================

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
People need to learn to take control of their lives rather than worrying about a deity making things right for them.
Maybe a god does exist and maybe he/she/it doesn't, but one thing is a fact - crap happens.
And no one can pick up the pieces but you.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by saber13

Yeah, well, maybe you just don't know who your "god" really is.

Once you find out, your ignorance now is justification for any consequences you receive later.

And if your "god" gives it to you 100%, I guarantee you that you won't last very long. I don't think you could pull it off, because when it's "god" that's giving you trouble, you can't sue "god" and you can't go to the cops on "god" either... they'll toss you in the nut house.

I'd imagine that accounts for a good percentage of the folks that decide to call it quits. And I don't blame them.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

To understand what i've just written, you need to understand that experience is needed to understand the game. I cannot transpose my experiences into that subject, because to "know it", you have to live it!

Hmmm... you do have to live it to "know it", otherwise it sounds to crazy to these folks.

It looks like we're talking about the same folks here...

If these folks "knew", then they wouldn't be asking all these silly questions...

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
reply to post by saber13

If one does not believe in God then they see that their situation is hopeless. It could be Gods way of trying to get them to see the light, so to speak. They are given the choice and their free will alone determines what they will do.

Blaming God for suicide is an excuse to discredit his existance.

Let's face the fact that some people either don't believe in god, are on the fence about god, feel abandoned by god, or after some level of belief and then a series of bad turnouts in life, they lost their faith in god. Others are completely apathetic towards the whole god thing, and some believe in a higher power, but it doesn't mesh with any standard or orthodox ideal. I know it's hard for me to comprehend why a powerful and good god would allow so much suffering on Earth. Why he/she/it allows savages to slice off the private parts of little girls in the name of "tradition" and rite, children to be killed by their parents, little boys molested by 'holy men', slavery, etc. I could go on for days. I know there is something beyond this hell we live in on Earth, and I hold on to that knowing for my dear life in dark times.

I think it's unfair to assume everyone believes in god and should abide in faith on whatever set of dogmatic tenents (an outside party looking in thinks they should) during their hardships. Some people simply need an intervention, and if a fellow human, otherworldly aid or an especially gifted animal doesn't come to their rescue, some end up in despair so deep they see no other way out but to end their lives. It's incredibly sad, because there is a solution for every problem. Maybe it's their destiny, sad as it may be. Many cultures take a different view on suicide than the classic Middle Eastern religions do. I also believe, some people are given more struggles and obstacles in life because of the greatness that is within them, and their potential to overcome. Losing faith in yourself, I feel, is the part where people mess up and start on a bad path leading to suicide. We can prove the fact that we are substantial and that we exist, and the we experience life and pain. God may or may not be real, but where does god come in substantially in our human experience? (any documented sightings?)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join