It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nothing bad is going to happen in 2012.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I don't want to die, I don't want any catastrophy at all to take place, now, then or ever, however this earth has given us many clues to the history of it, and that history reveals cataclismic events that wiped out all life on it. It has happened before and will happen again. The Mayans tapped into cycles of destruction of earth, mother nature if you will, cleaning house at regular intervals, and the cycles match up with celestial events. Now, the fact that they match up may not seem significant to you, but these earth cleansing cycles did take place, and that is fact. One would have to be ignorant to assume that it could never happen again, or in total denial. I personally believe they didn't know the exact method the earth would be cleansed, just the time of it.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by catseyequeen

... and, when you still just don't know for sure, because who can, be prepared in any event, especially if others are depending upon you for their sustenance and survival. Even if nothing happens because of the alignment and passage through those gravity waves, there are a hundred other reasons why we should be prepared for the worst .. and live each day like there will be no tomorrow. Imagine if all those people impacted by Katrina were prepared for the worst, and were able to feed themselves until rescued, or had enough emergency funds on hand to get out of town. It's one thing to die because you didn't believe in doom and didn't want to get out of town, and it's another to die because you would have left had you been prepared for the worst. It's like car insurance. Nobody expects to crash their car tomorrow, but they insure it never the less. Why not invest in a little insurance to protect your LIFE!

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadowland8
reply to post by Divinorumus

Thank you for taking me out of context, you lose all credibility. Good day.

But for the slow ones, by chances are I definitely mean nothing relating to Mayans will happen. a nuclear war is highly more likely to happen. Sigh. I don't know why people are so persistent and WANT 2012 to happen and WANT to die. What is wrong with you? Why do you want to spread fear? You're evil, imo.

[edit on 22-3-2009 by shadowland8]

If anyone wants it to happen it more than likely isn't because they want to die, it is probably because they want the prophesies to be true because it might prove that we should take them more seriously. We might have been able to prevent this or prepare for it but we would've had to have started at the beginning of the last great destruction. And we didn't. we just scooted on our way trying to makes ourselves happy not really thinking about the future generations that would see this with their own eyes like the Mayans and the Hopi did. I am beginning to think that these structures that have these prophesies and warnings on them were purposely built to withstand a great destruction for us to see long after those who built them are dead. Kind of like why the lost book of Nostradamus was written in visuals and was hidden purposely up till now. They were all trying to get knowledge to us from a different time. They were all trying to speak to us. If they built all of this and went to all of this trouble just to communicate something to us 2000 years or more later, shouldn't we at least give a good listen? They went to all that trouble.
You would eat the cake your mother made on your birthday just for you even if you weren't hungry just because she went to the trouble, right?
It is the polite thing to do.

Edgar Cayce said "A successful apocalyptic prediction is one that DOESN'T come true."

If you don't get the meaning, it doesn't come true because we heeded the warning, which is why the prediction was made in the first place, so that it could be prevented or changed. Same as when stock brokers tell you to buy or sell, because they are predicting something is going to happen and it is up to you to take action. I am always surprised when people hear a prediction like this and just sit and wait for it to happen. That is the sure fire way to make sure it does. Do nothing. So, if we wanted 2012 to happen then all we have to do is do nothing to prevent it or prepare for it. It doesn't say everyone will be killed just those who didn't prepare. So, me, I would like to be one of those who is prepared.

Chance favors the prepared mind. We would be delighted if it was just another day. But if it isn't, I would like to live through it and be a part of the new world.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Okay, I guess we can never fully confirm a disaster will happen or won't in 2012. It's just I don't see the point in living in fear every day of 2012. Because yes, fine, something could happen, but then again it may not. I'd say if more proof comes that things are going to hell, then alright let's get prepared. Until then, let's just live life. But I will admit the amount of earthquakes and volcanic activity is rising a lot lately. Lot's of whacky stuff happening. My grandmother believes in this stuff, she lives on a farm with my grandfather ( obviously ). So they can grow food and stuff, plus they got a basement etc. So if everything does go to hell, I can go up there for safety. She's probably slowly preparing already.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Kudos to her!

It makes you feel better to prepare. It you don't and you just sit around fearing it then that is no way to live. Preparing yourself, even just mentally for something like that to happen is comforting. I tell my husband that "I keep up with all this crap so you don't have to." He gets to go about his life all primrose and pluckery while I learn about gardening, monitor these sites for breaking news, keep up with what is happening with the earth, try to find safe places to move to if we gotta go, etc. If we had both of our heads in the sand we'd be goners but I feel like I am doing something useful by educating myself and staying aware. That way he can play his music, record his CD, concentrate on school and I will take care of this. I am the lioness taking care of her pride. I am not scared at all. I feel I will know what to do when it happens and that will save my family. So if at least one person in the family is aware then rest don't have to be. I feel good about it. I don't think we're gonna die because we got plans in place. Sure they are not ideal but it is better than being surprised by the whole thing. I hate surprises. I am a Leo. I am all about control. I feel if I prepare then somehow I have a hand in my destiny and am not completely powerless.

[edit on 22-3-2009 by catseyequeen]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
There are numerous "possibilities" of what may occur in 2012. The fact of the matter is that no one alive on the planet today was here the last time this occurred which was 26,000 years ago.

There have obviously been cataclysmic destructions of major civilizations in the past, one need only look at some of the many ancient ruins that cannot even be built using our technology today. One of the main sites that comes to mind for me is Balbek or Baalbek depending on who tells the story.

These ruins found in Lebanon below the Roman site of Heliopolis contain cut stones that weighed as much as 2000 tons and were brought from a quarry several miles away.

What happened to that civilization?

In addition, I am of Native American heritage and I know that many different nations have similar prophecies to those of the Mayan, most of it talks about spiritual changes but they ALL mention physical changes as well.

Will we have massive solar flares that cause EMPs that knock out technology?

Will we have flooding of low areas caused by tidal changes from the possible gravitational changes?

Will there be polar shifts?

Will there be earthquakes and volcanoes?

Will Yellowstone blow and plunge the earth into a new ice age?

I do not know the answers to these questions, but I do know that there will be changes both physical and spiritual and they are already happening.

Already those who are being called are being led to cleanse themselves and not eat flesh, I have met many people who have done this recently. There will be people who are given the information needed and there will be those who are attached to the physical that will not.

Teahupoo

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
To me it's just marketing. If it were a major event or something happening at that date, TPTB would surely keep it under lock, as they purportedly do with Aliens/UFO. Since this is not the case, to me it's either a money making scam (lot of stuff is getting sold with this theme) or TPTB made it up and are psychologically preparing you to face something they have in plan.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
The "2012" message is not anything to pay attention to since it is clearly based on someone's idea that "the end of the world" stops when the Mayan calendar runs out. As has been shown before, the Mayan calendar will run out, but it has nothing to do with the end of the world. Simply put, the people back then had no idea how long the world would last, were religious and worshiping various Gods and paranoid of things they could not interpret, and were not advanced enough to predict future events based on the science we all have today. I agree with the others, its just a lot of hype to create a whole marketing scheme (and money making) around movies, T-shirts, DVD's, books, etc. and should be considered nothing more than another common fad.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join