It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nothing bad is going to happen in 2012.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Everyone says the mayan calender is ending at 21st of December and it's the end of the world. Well I did a bit of research and it doesn't just 'end', it restarts. Apparently on Dec 21st The Long Count b'ak'tun date reaches point 13.0.0.0.0 and repeats back from 0 up to 13.0.0.0.0 again. So by going with everyones logic, the world is going to end on the 31st of December 2009, because that's when our calender ends.

It's all bs.

This is one source so far, I've read from others but I cannot find them at this point: www.alamongordo.com...

Here's another: www.greatdreams.com...

[edit on 22-3-2009 by shadowland8]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by shadowland8

The truth is, none of us really knows what's going to happen, or what isn't going to happen. It's purely speculation at this point in time.

Have you got sources to the Mayan Calendar stuff, that shows that the calendar simply restarts? This might be helpful to those who truly believe that the world is going to end in 2012.

- Carrot

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

While I whole heartedly agree with you, I think you shuld provide some sources to back up your claim

It leads to a better debatable thread

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

It is a giant wheel of sorts, we are approaching the end of one full rotation, and the dawn of a new age is about to begin. So, yes, it "restarts" as stated.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
some of what you say is true, but reality is that not "everyone says the mayan calender comes to an end or the world comes to an end"

mainly people who have not done much research then come on here shouting off think this.

the mayans themselves have stated 2012 is not the end, but they have said a shift in human conscienceness will occur before some time in 2013.

i have to say though that never in time has so many theories and calenders and predictions all culminated to one point, 2012.............makes you wonder just a tiny bit eh??

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
This is one source so far, I've read from others but I cannot find them at this point: www.alamongordo.com...

EDIT: Another one: www.greatdreams.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
It is a giant wheel of sorts, we are approaching the end of one full rotation, and the dawn of a new age is about to begin. So, yes, it "restarts" as stated.

I agree, that it's a cycle, and that everything just restarts, but there are those who don't.

Simply asking for sources

- Carrot

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Okay, lol, tell me, how do you know that THIS TIME, that THIS coming galactic equinox, is NOT going to be like the previous ones? How do you know we'll not be hit by something while passing through the dark rift? How do you know the poles won't flip? How do you know that our passing through the strong gravitational waves that emanate from the black hole at the center of our galaxy won't pull continents apart here on Earth .. THIS TIME? Where is your proof that nothing will happen THIS TIME? And Why? And please, don't tell me the bible says so because jebus is coming to save us, ha.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

Because nothing really different is happening this time compared to the past.

Yes anything could happen. North Korea could launch nuke strikes right now and destroy the world. But I don't believe anything specific relating to the mayans calender and the end of the world will happen in 2012.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
They did an interesting 2012 show on the History Channel. I'm not a 2012 buff at all so if I say something here its just my understanding of what I heard.

Okay, this 2012 end of times thing comes from a mayan who predicted suffering, destruction among other things. They took his predictions and put them to use on their calender that is very accurate and ends in 2012.

So from what I gather this is the same thing that happens everytime a Nostrodamaus predictions looms in the near future.

I don't see why we put much stock in this guy.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I would like to interject some thought into this conversation, the Mayans were not just guessing about events, they were using astronomy and known history to make the predictions and the calendar itself. There will in fact be astrological events in 2012 that are significant

What the cycle really entails is a "breath" of the Sun that takes 25,000 years. This breath is what is actually responsible for the precession, or the 12,500 - year wobble in the Earth's axis, which science can measure but does not really understand. If the original angle of tilt to the axis is 22.5, then the burst of particles hits that angle on the 'exhale,' and over the course of 12,500 years this streaming increases the tilt angle to 23.5. This would be one half cycle; the motion then stops as the Sun prepares to "inhale."

When the sun "inhales," Earth tips in the opposite direction, and eventually, 12,500 years later, ends at 22.5 again. This is the real hidden design behind why precession is in place, and why the Ancients were so interested in it. The end of each 'breath cycle' is a very traumatic event, to say the least; the stopping motion and shifting of magnetic fields appears to be a pole shift, occurring when the smaller sunspot shift cycle and the Mayan Calendar cycle both coincide with each other. [I'll explain more in a second.] This stopping motion might indicate why Gregg Braden noticed that the magnetic field strength of the Earth is only at about a 1 out of 10 maximum, and that the rate of vibration itself is actually increasing. The Sun has stopped pulling, and it is about to push.

link: www.greatdreams.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Again all that are just "predictions" Chances are, nothing will happen. All I can think of that will happen is solar flares which will cause some black outs. Big woop.

reply to post by YeahSureIWILL

Thanks for the smart comment.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
I would like to interject some thought into this conversation, the Mayans were not just guessing about events, they were using astronomy and known history to make the predictions and the calendar itself. There will in fact be astrological events in 2012 that are significant

You got that right. How some people can deny a REAL event, the galactic equinox, is beyond me. Our impending crossing through the dark rift is NO myth, and that's a FACT. Sometimes I get the feeling that government shills are lurking about, trying to dispel peoples real concerns and fears, hoping that they are caught unprepared with their pants down.

It's like these economic shills that keep saying more debt will fix our debt problems. "You should go out and spend more!" .. "The government should borrow more." .. "Our crossing through the dark rift won't be like that last times, like two crossings ago when the dinosaurs disappeared, like when 80-90% of life on Earth went extinct."

Proclaiming nothing will happen this time is irresponsible and will leave many unprepared, just like this economic collapse and how the government wants everyone to spend spend spend, right before they loose their jobs. What are they trying to do to us all anyhow?

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadowland8
Chances are, nothing will happen.

Gee, in just over a dozen posts here, we went from "Nothing bad is going to happen in 2012" to "Chances are, nothing will happen." Hum. Where are your convictions?

So, again, how do you know our passage through the central plane of our galaxy won't wreak havoc this time? Do we have some new kind of planetary shielding defense system force field that will protect us from that gravitational wave that emanates from the center of our galaxy that holds everything together and keeps it all spinning? What do you base your assurances upon? That's all I ask, show us the proof that has convinced you that our planet doesn't experience cyclic upheaval when passing through that wave. There is enough evidence out there that suggests otherwise, that mega disasters have occurred in the past during these crossings. ??

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Thank you for taking me out of context, you lose all credibility. Good day.

But for the slow ones, by chances are I definitely mean nothing relating to Mayans will happen. a nuclear war is highly more likely to happen. Sigh. I don't know why people are so persistent and WANT 2012 to happen and WANT to die. What is wrong with you? Why do you want to spread fear? You're evil, imo.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadowland8
Sigh. I don't know why people are so persistent and WANT 2012 to die and WANT to die. What is wrong with you? Why do you want to spread fear? You're evil, imo.

It's not an issue of wanting doom, it's an issue of being realistic, being prepared the best we can. Should the weather man not come on teevee to warn everyone when a tornado is headed their way, so not to create fear?

What is evil is disinformation, lies, the cover-up of the truth, man. It's not evil to warn people to be prepared for the worst, JUST IN CASE! What's evil is trying to dispel fear by causing many to NOT be prepared.

Make no mistake, the galactic equinox is a real event, we're headed for it, and all evidence suggests some pretty bad things could happen, just like before. Is it evil to stock up on food so that in the event of, for example, a major solar flare and major power outage, that you'll have food for your family? I wouldn't call that evil. Dispelling peoples concern might be evil, if millions are caught unprepared.

Do a little research and reading about this event. Before I did, I too thought it was just another myth, another rumor, like that whole Y2K thing. After spending many months reading about all this, frankly, I'm scare out of my wits, and not so much for me, my better years are behind me, but I worry about my grown children, my grandchildren, I don't want them to starve, suffer, die, because someone said "nothing to worry about here!"

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   

But "if" all this has happened before, some how we all pulled through it otherwise we wouldn't be alive right now would we? I know that the sun will reach some solar maximum which can cause solar flares, and the sun will align with the center of the milky way, yes on the day the mayan calender reaches an end and restarts. But I still don't see how those things could cause catastrophe. It may cause a huge inconvenience to the city if a black out were to occur. I remember a while ago solar flares caused people to be trapped in buildings due to the doors and everything controlled by electronics, but I still don't understand the whole facts behind disaster and death.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

While I whole heartedly agree with you, I think you shuld provide some sources to back up your claim

It leads to a better debatable thread

I agree. There is so much info out here on this and so many theories, you really should do a lot more research before you form your opinions.

Read some edgar cayce, paul solomon, maurice coterell, hopi prophesies, the bible, and do some geo-research and research on the magnetosphere, and history, etc. before you make up your mind. Don't make up you mind by one source or two. That isn't enough for good scientific or even spiritual research. Look at all sides, the ones who say it is and the ones who say it isn't and the ones who don't know. Judge for yourself but do the research first. The dots will begin to connect and you will see a much clearer picture of what you think.

After hearing the arguments and statistics determine who makes the most sense to you? Whatever your gut tells you at that point is what you are supposed to feel. Go with it. It may not come from you, this feeling, but you need to trust you instincts at that point. Whatever you determine will put you in the right place for you when it happens whether it is catastrophic or a whisper.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join