It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British defence ministry briefed on UFO sighting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

British defence ministry briefed on UFO sighting

www.news.com.au

BRITAIN'S defence ministry was so alarmed by reports of a UFO sighting nearly 20 years ago, it took the unusual step of briefing ministers, according to secret files released today.

Other incidents in the files, released by the National Archives, include a woman who claimed she was approached by an alien with a "Scandanavian-type accent."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Here we have another round of UFO files being released to soften us all up.

Go to the website listed in the article and take a look at some more, if you're interested. I doubt that there will be anything in there that's going to blow any secrets. I'm about to read a few more of the reports now, for the sake of amusement.

At least this particular report shows that sometimes government ministers are informed (cough cough) about what's going on.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Just saw this and came to post it.

Fascinating that the british MoD actually briefed ministers on the subject. I guess they ahd no choice though.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Alien with a Scandanavian-type accent. LOL

www.news.com.au

Among the other files released were details of an anonymous female dog walker who said she met an alien who claimed extraterrestrial life was behind crop circles. The woman, who telephoned the Royal Air Force to relay her experience, said the incident happened on November 20, 1989, while she was walking her dog on a sports field. She said she was approached by a man who spoke with a "Scandanavian-type accent" dressed in a brown garment that resembled a flying suit who told her that the purpose of the alien visit was friendly.

If those aliens that are responsible for the crop circles can speak english then why don't they write their intentions instead of just producing circles.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by yizzel

If they wrote something in english then even the UFO believers wouldn't believe it. They would say it's a hoax and a detriment to legitimate research.

Although, I must admit the story seems a bit odd

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

Well maybe...

I think the guy with the Scandanavian-type accent was just a random nutter, not an alien. IMO

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by yizzel

Agreed, that or someone bored with a sense of humor. He did have the flight suit afterall

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

She said it resembled a flying suit, perhaps that's what Scandinavian overalls look like

I still think if they wrote something like, "we will be making a fly over in this area" at a specific date in the crop circle. That would be believable, providing they make an appearance.

But I suppose that would expose them to possible hostile actions from our air force. But then again, UFOs have proven to be no match for our primitive technology.

top topics

join