It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Dollar Biggest Decline In Quarter Century On Fed Bond Buying !!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
appears the FED/Treasury have a certain window to act (low inflation/deflation) and bailout bondholders and banks.....because it may become politically inable to bail out all these people when the dollar starts sliding as the deleverging process and the financial selling of Yen , euro's , rupee's and whatever slow's........

the FOREX market traders have alot of POWER .......once they hop on a trend they ride it.....and ...when they collectively turn bearish on the dollar again......commodities will rise....OIL, GOLD, FOOD even faster.........when the dollar breaks 80 to the down side.....oil will probably flirt w/ 60 and gold 1050. I think that stocks will bounce for a while but consumption is slowing , the securitization model (which was crucial to banks profiting) is dead and gone (as justin timberlake would say) although the gov't is going to try and resurect it long enough to take the bad debt from hanging around the bankers necks to the taxpayers.....so stocks will probably fall to new lows in the late summer or fall.........

I think the story of 2010 will be the dollar's fall .......

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
"If the American people ever allow PRIVATE banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks will deprive The People of all property until their children wake-up HOMELESS on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to The People, to whom it properly belongs".
--- Thomas Jefferson

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."

--- Thomas Jefferson, 1802

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Citigroup? One of the companies bailed out to help America stay afloat!

Wait...what did you say? They are making suggestions to buy the Euro?

It is all a business and while the American people want to live in a civilized country, our elected officials and businessmen are robbing us from that.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

OH COME ON....Thomas Jefferson doesn't know anything!

He only helped find this country and witnessed the problems of the world in his own time...why should we listen to that old guy?

Yeah.../sarcasm.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Fed move is a market-changer as the dollar sinks...

A significantly different market landscape greets investors this week, courtesy of the U.S. Federal Reserve’s decision to buy up U.S. Treasury securities.

For one thing, market players will have to deal with a rapidly declining dollar. For another, commodities have started rising for the first time in nine months. If that were not enough, equities have been putting in a rally that had the MSCI all-country world stock index flirting last week with its best monthly gain in a decade.

It has prompted researchers at the Swiss bank UBS to recommend increasing exposure to so-called risk assets; in this case, Asian and Japanese equities and U.S. high-yield bonds.

www.iht.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I worry about the petro-euro being next. Is the Federal Reserve’s running to the safety to buy more us debt as a safety net?

The next bubble to burst will be the treasuries bubble. Can you imaging if everyone left the safety of treasuries to began buying stocks again. The bubble would burst.

I think there is a more sinister plan behind this. Even the safety of Vangaurd was in jeopardy causing everyone to run for treasuries. Luckily China is still buying them to keep our butts afloat but what if the bubble burst and they come to collect

I think the consequences down the road, will result in all Nations becoming bankrupt and require a one world monetary system using credits.

Simply devalue all currencies and problem solved. Something tells me we may be seeing a global flag in each Nation, rather our traditional ones.

Since it’s posted on Bloomberg we have a huge problem. Things are happening so quickly. The G20 has big plan ahead. NWO, for starters.

I’m off to the survival store again and also may buy another can of Spam.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
There’s only one way to end this unchecked corruption, let the U.S. Federal Puppet Government and its GREEDY Illuminati handlers clearly understand, that we are no longer willing players in their FIXED game of Monopoly.

Passive resistance is our only hope.

Study the extremely effective techniques that Mahatma Gandhi (en.wikipedia.org...) employed against the Illuminati, and begin applying them in your community TODAY!

Awaken your families, neighbors, and communities NOW ….. before it is too late!

Peace on Earth

[edit on 22-3-2009 by seasoul]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by seasoul

I still think it's impossible, then again what would kind of government would we be left with then??
Still scary!

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Do not worry, the solution is there, waiting for the right moment. Soon you will have an electronic acount containing your "credits" or be left "outside" of the system and maybe categorized as a terrorist.
It's all planned. Except peak oil, but they are solving that too. New rules to protect the environment - are rules to make people consume less oil. The pyramid must not collapse, the power must remain where it is now.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I think most everyone is missing the point of the crisis.

The banks who took huge risks and lost it all must fall.

You can postpone it but it is inevitable. It is like saying that you do not wish winter to come and you just throw a bunch of money into trying to stop winter. You can pretend all you wish, but once the snow starts falling, there is nothing left to do but realize that winter is here.

All the king's horses and all the king's men can't put the lost money back into the economy. It is done. It was a huge bubble and the money is gone. Let it go.

You have been robbed and you cannot get the money back.

Someone is enjoying your money and you have been duped.

Stop throwing more money at the problem because you will just lose more money that you do not have and make the criminals even more rich. They will not stop until all your money is gone.

They are Sylvester McMonkey McBean and we are Sneetches.

The sooner you realize this, the sooner the recovery can begin. The Federal Reserve will fall just like the First Bank of the United States, and then the Second Bank of the United States.

Something new will follow it and swindle new generations out of their hard earned money too.

[edit on 22-3-2009 by xman_in_blackx]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
I worry about the petro-euro being next. Is the Federal Reserve’s running to the safety to buy more us debt as a safety net?

The next bubble to burst will be the treasuries bubble. Can you imaging if everyone left the safety of treasuries to began buying stocks again. The bubble would burst.

I think there is a more sinister plan behind this. Even the safety of Vangaurd was in jeopardy causing everyone to run for treasuries. Luckily China is still buying them to keep our butts afloat but what if the bubble burst and they come to collect

I think the consequences down the road, will result in all Nations becoming bankrupt and require a one world monetary system using credits.

Simply devalue all currencies and problem solved. Something tells me we may be seeing a global flag in each Nation, rather our traditional ones.

Since it’s posted on Bloomberg we have a huge problem. Things are happening so quickly. The G20 has big plan ahead. NWO, for starters.

I’m off to the survival store again and also may buy another can of Spam.

A more sinister plan?

Revelation 17- "The kings of the earth have had intercourse with her, and the inhabitants of the earth became drunk on the wine of her harlotry."

The kings of the earth = NWO/Bilderberg.
The one above manipulating the NWO = The Vatican/Pope.

I do not believe this is about money, or power for a few rich elitist.
This is about religion. The Jesuit Order, and claiming the earth for the Catholic Church, and the Pope.

[edit on 22-3-2009 by tobeone]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
A couple points to address. Much of the news is about the US distress, don't think Europe is doing any better by any means.

A number of countries have been making noises about withdrawing. Britain is hit hard with their own messed up banking tied to a critical real estate bust. Vast amounts were poured into Eastern Europe and recoupment prospects look dim for Austria and Germany. France and Italy aren’t happy. Netherlands want to pull out, too. The list goes on.

As the overall economy worsens and unemployment soars, the more economically advantaged lie Norway will become filled with European passport carriers from European countries with where there have been economic collapse. The haves with their own problems no longer are willing to support the have nots. The EU is not working as planned.

A mass revolt with even national leaders involved, against the faceless Geneva based European Union admin may be coming soon.

People romanticize about a Second American Revolution and the 1789 French one.

Closer parallels might be African independence from what was considered oppressive colonialism.

The tragic classic case is Rhodesia becoming independent of British colonial rule in 1980. Today Zimbabwe under once revered liberator Robert Mugabe is a basket case. Inflation in the billions percentage, a once prosperous agriculture and technologically advance nation is dying of starvation and disease. Dissent ix muzzled. Zimbabwe need a revolution desperately.

Do the revolution seekers know who will seize power once you’ve offed all the current bad guys? Unless there's an organization prepared and ready with the necessarily skill sets, it will come down to whoever assembles the most guns, tanks, and firepower?

Right now the local biker gang is in a better position to control where you live than a thousand armchair revolutionaries.

Be careful what you wish for ...

Mike F

[edit on 22-3-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman

Agreed, good info on the forex markets!

Now we have a warning from the International Monetary Fund...unless the economic collapse is corrected civil unrest and war are on the horizon!

GENEVA, March 23 (Reuters) - The world is in a dire economic crisis, but no recovery is possible until the financial sector is cleaned up, the head of the International Monetary Fund said on Monday.

The crisis will push millions into poverty and unemployment, risking social unrest and even war, and urgent action is required, IMF Managing Director Dominique Strauss-Kahn said.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Thanks Tim...we are starting to see right through you now...

Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner sent the dollar tumbling with comments about China’s ideas for overhauling the global monetary system, only to drive it back up by affirming that it should remain the world’s reserve currency.

Geithner was initially asked at a Council on Foreign Relations event in New York about proposals from People’s Bank of China Governor Zhou Xiaochuan for a new international reserve currency. He said “as I understand his proposal, it’s a proposal designed to increase the use of the IMF’s special drawing rights. And we’re actually quite open to that.”

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Very Interesting video with Jim Rogers
on the U. S. Dollar.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join