It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bill we should all be scared of

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

The Bill we should all be scared of

www.youtube.com

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
hi all,
i'm newish to ats this is my 3rd post none of which have stayed on for more than a day, not sure why. can anyone clear this up for me people say this vid is fake and some say its not. i'm sure this has been discussed here before so most of you will know the facts and the lies. if the link doesn't work then just type 'the bill we should all be scared of' in youtube, i would have put it on properly if i knew how. all opinions welcome even the *snip* out there. cheers

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Civility And Decorum Are Required on AboveTopSecret.com

[edit on 21-3-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Calm down!

If you look at the lower right corner, it's a parody of the "C-Span" logo.
The "C" is an onion. The Onion is a satrical "news" source and shouldn't be taken seriously

Edit- Here's the link to the original video. It certainly is an Onion video.
www.youtube.com...

Here's another Onion video:
Scientists Find Skeleton Of Nature's First Sexual Predator

[edit on 3/21/2009 by Hyzera]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Well, actually, there was this bill, which was real.
www.youtube.com...
The *deep breath* Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act of 2007
The full text of the bill is really creepy, and probably would have been the bill that would legalize the censorship of the Internet in America, to prevent citizens from becoming "radicalized."

www.govtrack.us...
But, as mentioned, it wasn't passed (good!). It may be in a rewriting process, though, and that's always shady.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
www.theonion.com...

The Onion fools a lot of people.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Good to see ONE source in this thread that isn't Youtube or the Onion.
Not all hope is lost.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
Good to see ONE source in this thread that isn't Youtube or the Onion.
Not all hope is lost.

Wait a minute... the ONE source which wasn't Youtube or Onion was basically saying that All hope IS lost!

Total Irony...

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

(a) In General- In carrying out this subtitle, the Secretary shall ensure that the efforts of the Department to prevent ideologically based violence and homegrown terrorism as described in this subtitle do not violate the constitutional rights, civil rights, and civil liberties of United States citizens and lawful permanent residents.

www.govtrack.us...

Looks okay to me, but then again, I'm a trusting, generally level-headed individual who loves Obama. So what do I know.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by iwannaseethisshipgodown

Don't worry about it much.

The "Onion" has started a lot of threads on ATS.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
generally level-headed individual who loves Obama.

Isn't that like an oxymoron? burrrrrnnnnnn.

Seriously, anybody who thinks it is a good idea to link youtube as their only source for news material, what I recommend doing before posting is repeatedly hitting ctrl+alt+delete. Just repeat as necessary until the urge to post a youtube video as news is gone.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by grimreaper797

I almost got mad and then realized it was you ^_^
Youtube is even worse than Wikipedia. Actually Youtube is akin to Urban Dictionary.
Great source.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by iwannaseethisshipgodown

Breaking Alternative News? The video was uploaded on July 16, 2008. And, yes, besides, you got Onioned.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Come on guys, let's give him a break huh?

He said he was new and didn't really understand how the site and forum system works. The Onion does a great job and we can't fault him for being fooled, I mean, that is sort of the job of The Onion after all.

We all made dumb mistakes and said stupid things when we were new here, it takes a while to be a seasoned veteran.

Iwannaseethisshipgodown, what I would suggest is reading the sticky posts in each forum before posting. You can find them at the top of the thread lists, they detail the instructions and rules for posting in each forum.

I would also suggest maybe creating a new screen name with a shorter, well, name. if you plan on staying for a while it should be something you like

Also, if you are a she then I apologize for calling you him lol

And welcome to ATS

[edit on 21-3-2009 by Shadowflux]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
ok.
firstly i'm not worried i actully think this needs to happen the world needs to lose the humans otherwise were gonna kill it for good.

seconded i haven't been onioned i take everything i see with a pinch of salt, how can us common folk really be sure on whats truth and whats not every article everyone has read has been written by humans, not a truth machine.

thirdly i dont really know how to post properly so dont get upset about it being under the wrong topic.

and forth whats wrong with you tube, what does it have to come from the government to be true or on national news.

do reply for more

new topics

top topics

join