It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Letter G is a Symbol for the Philosopher's Stone?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I enjoy a lot of the personalities covering the world of the Occult, but this guy called Dennis Fetcho, or "the Fetch", puts out some really entertaining reads. He has been writing a lot about the Illuminati and their Symbols.

You have to like ciphers and gematria to really start to grasp what he is saying. It took me a while to get it, but wow, the guy just rubs the codes in your face!

W.L. Wilmhurst, in his work "Masonic Initiation", provides us with some additional insights into the Letter G, all for which he says are "allusions". He raises three points, which we may use or throw away depending on our level perceptions and needs. These allusions include the following: "(i) the Glory of God, or glory in the centre ; (2) Grandeur, or the greatness of perfection to which man may become raised by initiation into union .with God at his centre ; (3) Gom-El, a Hebrew word of praise for the Divine power and goodness in designing that perfection and that union between the Creator and the creature."

The importance, or exaltation of the Letter G, should not be underestimated. Says Wimhurst, "When the Lodge is opened, the mind and heart of every Brother composing it should be deemed as also being opened to the "G" and all that it implies, to the intent that those implications may eventually become realized facts of experience. When the Lodge is closed, the memory of the "G" symbol and its implications should be the chief one to be retained and pondered over in the repository of the heart."

However, for the purpose of this article, and to provide you with an inner insight into this Letter, we shall focus on one key theme of the Letter G, and it is that of "unity" and "perfection".

Source: The Illuminatus Observor, The Illuminati and the Masonic "G"

He then provides a complete breakdown of the matrices necessary to comprehend the Letter G.

The guy is branching out. He has a podcast now that seems to be getting a lot of hits, at least according to the counters on his podcast site.

There is also a really entertaining podcast regarding the Owl as a Symbol of the Occult, which can be heard here.

What are some other meanings to the Masonic G?

[edit on 21-3-2009 by caseclassic]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by caseclassic

A couple of notes:

• The G inside the square & compasses emblem is seldom used in Masonry outside of the United States. I'm not sure if the G lecture is part of Masonic ritual out of the US or not.
  • We are taught in American Masonry that the G stands for Geometry. There are some who might also say the G stands for God. One of my mentors (published Masonic author, long-time 33° Scottish Rite Mason) insists it's just Geometry. His reasoning is that in languages other than English, the word for God is more likely to start with a D (Deus, for example) (There are also people who will try to convince you the G stands for "generative principle", which they insist is the core of Masonry. You won't hear that from anyone who's actually a Mason though, because it's complete BS.)

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Wouldn't the numerical value of "G" be "7" ?

I wonder if that's got anything to do with it ...

Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by caseclassic

I'm somewhat of an "Illuminatus" Observer myself. And by simple deduction, I have come to the conclusion that you are in fact "Fetch" himself, who has been banned innumerable times under a multitude of pseudonyms. You have posted three times, and in each of them, it has been a veritable Fetch lovefest - and nothing but.

But I digress...

The "G" is either Geometry, as the Emperor has mentioned, or it is Gnosis.

Incidentally, initially - in the 18th Century especially in Europe - the G was set inside a flaming star or pentagram instead of the square and compass.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I like the idea that it stands for the Goddess. Or it could be Genesis or just as easily "Give me your money". If you're in Harlem it could be "Gettin' Off!"

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I have never heard of this before. We [Freemasons] are taught what the 'G' means.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Masons claim to possess the knowledge of the ancients, and this knowledge makes them better people than those that aren't in on these secrets.... Masonry is a following in the practice of Gnosticism. This is why the G is centered on the "Jewel" in Lodges that are based on British Masonic practices and others.... They have a lot of fun saying otherwise and keeping people guessing, and most members in the Blue Lodge haven't a clue because the meaning of the "G" changes meanings in different levels and even in different Lodges infrequently.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by visible_villain

The G is the combination of a C and a T, the bar on the T is exactly half way up the G and represents the celestial equator.

C = 3 = Cristi
T = 19 = Tau
G = 7 = Geometry

C + T = 22
22 over 7 = Pi

The symbol for Pi is made of 2 "Tau's"

and represents a portal or gateway to Temple, therefore the knowledge (or is that the triple Tau?.... I forget now).

I think it has different meanings.

PEACE,
RK.

[edit on 22-3-2009 by Rigel Kent]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
You know he used to post here but he got banned.

He is a very interesting man.

There is a letter somewhere in the alphabet that represents the throne, anyone know of this idea?

[edit on 22-3-2009 by interestedalways]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by caseclassic

What are some other meanings to the Masonic G?

I would recommend "The Masonic Letter G" by Dr. Paul Foster Case.

Brother Case was a Mason under the Grand Lodge of California, a former leader in the Hermetic order of the Golden Dawn, and founder of Builders of the Adytum.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by janusnetwork

Or maybe the folks at ATS have wised-up to what a blowhard Dennis is and really don't give a rat's ass what he has to say on his site?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

I thought the "G" stood for the "Grand Architect?"

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

I thought the "G" stood for the "Grand Architect?"

It actually stands for "Geometry". All the other speculation is high in imagination, but low in reality.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Letter "G" as a S Y M B O L.... hmm denotes that it looks like what it is,
let's try it as the symbol of the milky way galaxy. In fact the center of the milky way galaxy which many peoples claim is where our souls come from. It's a whirlpool, it's a vortex, it's a " G "...call it god or geometry if you will but it's got to actually look like what it's a symbol of n'est-ce pas ?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Sarsen

I thought it had multiple meanings, not just one.

My first guess was that the letter originated as a picture / symbol / icon, and then it progressed through time to be known as a "G". Which looks similar to the Golden Spiral / Golden Ratio.

...It could also be called Geometry, and God. It's pretty much the same thing, I think.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by 0nce 0nce]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join