It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public schools teach Muslim, not Christian, religion

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Public schools teach Muslim, not Christian, religion

www.americanthinker.com

Christianity was started by a young Palestinian named Jesus and the 9/11 murderers were not Islamic Fundamentalists but simply a generic "teams of terrorists." That's the caliber of politically corrected crap many of our children are being taught in American public schools -- and it's past time all parents took serious notice.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Jesus? .... a Palestinian? Odd, since there's no such thing as a "Palestinian." They are Arabs, pure and simple. It's a made up name, like "Hispanics."

A few words from someone more familiar with the situation:
".... Way back on March 31, 1977, the Dutch newspaper Trouw published an interview with Palestine Liberation Organization executive committee member Zahir Muhsein. Here's what he said: The Palestinian people does not exist. The creation of a Palestinian state is only a means for continuing our struggle against the state of Israel for our Arab unity. In reality today there is no difference between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. Only for political and tactical reasons do we speak today about the existence of a Palestinian people, since Arab national interests demand that we posit the existence of a distinct "Palestinian people" to oppose Zionism. For tactical reasons, Jordan, which is a sovereign state with defined borders, cannot raise claims to Haifa and Jaffa, while as a Palestinian, I can undoubtedly demand Haifa, Jaffa, Beer-Sheva and Jerusalem. However, the moment we reclaim our right to all of Palestine, we will not wait even a minute to unite Palestine and Jordan."

However, the main issue here is the problem with the college professors who write our textbooks. They don't live in the real world, many hate America and Capitalism, have never worked a real job since they were in their teens (if then), and they produce books based on their views instead of historical facts.

www.americanthinker.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by zappafan1

Palestine (Greek: Παλαιστίνη, Palaistinē; Latin: Palaestina; Hebrew: פלשתינה‎ Palestina; Arabic: فلسطين‎ Filasṭīn, Falasṭīn, Filisṭīn) is a name which has been widely used since Roman times to refer to the region between the Mediterranean Sea and the Jordan River.[1] It is derived from a name used already much earlier for a narrower geographical region, mainly along the coastal region.

In its broader meaning as a geographical term, Palestine can refer to an area that includes contemporary Israel and the Palestinian territories, parts of Jordan, and parts of Lebanon and Syria.

So in theory, yes, Jesus was a Palestine. He was a Jew (religion) but a Palestinian (geographically).

Jihad: Jihad requires Muslims to "struggle in the way of God" or "to struggle to improve one's self and/or society." It can simply mean striving to live a moral and virtuous life, spreading and defending Islam as well as fighting injustice and oppression, among other things.

Personally, I don't think that public schools should be teaching religion, period.

I am not a Muslim. I just want to stop disinformation.
I thought it was funny that the website that you posted the link to, says at the bottom of its page:

"....teach them how to recognize propaganda and to think for themselves" (referring to children).

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I'm all for separation of church and state but don't get so hung up the "Jesus the Palestinian" notion.

Jesus was indeed a young, Arab Jew from Nazareth (then within the region termed by the Romans as "Palestine"), his real name being Yeshua Bin Nazareth, and Nazareth is still host to very lively Arab Jewish community to this day.

So technically Jesus/Yeshua was indeed a Palestinian Arab, of the Jewish faith, who founded Christianity.

Don't understand why people get so worked up about this fact, everyone loves to "Euro-centricise" the origins of Christianity and eliminate all traces of the fact that Jesus was indeed an Arab Jew.

[edit on 22/3/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Also, I would be very careful when trying to pass off "American Thinker" as a partial, credible source on religious tolerance.

These guys are nothing but another right-wing, neo-con thinkthank organisation with a clear agenda of Muslim discrimination.

Take a look at the About Us section:

Staff

Editor and publisher Thomas Lifson

News editor Ed Lasky

Chief political correspondent Richard Baehr

Chief investigative correspondent Clarice Feldman

Submissions editor Larrey Anderson

Deputy editor Mike Lee

Consulting editor J.R. Dunn

Thomas Lifson... A Democrat by birth, he became more conservative in adulthood as reality taught him that dreams of perfecting human society always run smack into human nature.

Richard Baehr... Richard was recently named a Visiting Fellow of the Jewish Policy Center, and was a panelist for a Jewish Policy Center Forum along with Michael Medved, John Podhoretz and David Horowitz.

Rick Moran... He is also Chicago editor of Pajamas Media and is proprietor of the website Right Wing Nuthouse.

American Thinker was also prominently involved in the right-wing, Obama smear campaign, insintuating he was Muslim, anti-Semitic, and Marxist.

Some VERY interesting information about the founder of American Thinker on here:

At the fulcrum of this effort is a little-known blogger from Northbrook, Illinois, named Ed Lasky, whose articles on AmericanThinker.com have done more than anything to give the smear campaign an air of respectability. Lasky co-founded AmericanThinker.com in 2003, modeling it after Powerline, a popular conservative blog. Before that, he had frequently written letters to newspapers defending Israel and criticizing the Palestinians. Though his background remains a mystery, Lasky didn't hide his neoconservative leanings. He wrote a blog post in 2004 titled "Why American Jews Must Vote for Bush," made three separate donations to the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, contributed $1,000 to Tom DeLay and has given more than $50,000 to GOP candidates and causes since 2000. Lasky sits on the board of the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews, headed by Rabbi Yechiel Eckstein, whose close affiliations with Christian-right operatives like Ralph Reed has made Eckstein a controversial figure in the Jewish community.

www.thenation.com...

So again, be discerning in your use of sources.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
To the OP, are you Jewish? Is that why you hate the Muslims? You don't think those people have enough grief? You don't think there's enough hate-mongering and war-mongering to start WWIII and attack another Arab nation for Israeal?

Texe Marrs has a different message each week
and this week his guest is Michael Hoffman discussing his new scholarly book of 1,100 pages on Judaism. He made the point that the Muslim religion used to be considered a Christian heresy and Judaism a Satanic religion, until the Zionists infiltrated the church with their pretrib rapture and dispensationalism from CI Scofield, agent to the British Zionists.

Now the Muslims are the boogeymen, and we all need to go to war and blow up the planet to save ourselves from them. Yet they have no weapons, they are family people, they do not hate Jesus as the Jews do, and do not consider themselves a superior race as the Jews do, or have anything in partiucular against people of other religions. They just want to be left alone to live their lives.

The biggest hatemonger site on the Internet against the Muslims is World Net Daily. Joe Farrah is a total neocon Zionist, who has stated (I will get the exacat quote if somebody asks me to): that all Jews and Christians are a disgrace who do not support rebuilding Solomon's Temple so the Jews can resume temple sacrifice.

Too bad people don't stop to consider what the Muslims believe and don't beieve instead of all the hate propaganda and lies about their religion. The fact is, Muslims believe Jesus was conceived by the Holy Ghost, they call him the Messiah, and the Koran refers to him as the Messiah. They believe he is coming back to defeat the antichrist. The Muslims also believe Jesus was taken bodily to Heaven. They do not believe he was crucified and rose from the dead.

The Koran is bogus and contradictory to the Bible in details. For example, the Koran describes the birth of Jesus as similar to that described in the Bible for Hagar. The Koran says Mary went out to the desert alone to give birth to Jesus, and that God supplied her water from a rock. The Koran says that Mary asked God, what can I tell the men in my village when they demand to know why I have a child and no husband? And God said, Let the infant answer for you. So when Mary got back and was confronted by the men of her village, the baby Jesus answered and said, "She is innocent and conceived by the Holy Spirit." All the men were astounded and ran away and left Mary alone after that.

There is a series online called The Arrivals done by a brilliant young Muslim flmmaker named Noreagaa.
I urge people to watch it. I watched it and thought I was watching something done by a conservative Christian, exposing the Illuminati and the Matrix. At the end I saw it was a young Muslim man who created this film, and I listened to the parts where he explained his Muslim beliefs. Before that series all I knew was that Muslims were crazy heretics. In truth they are very close to Christianity, far more than Judaism, which Christian Zionists support to their own demise.

[edit on 22-3-2009 by Salt of the Earth]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
...so what?

The Quran is simply a poor-man's rip-off of another fictional text, which again is just a load of fictitious bollocks leading back to the Torah which goes back to a mental, inbred Pharaoh who (quite correctly) stated that the Sun was the source of all life on Earth, and if you're going to worship anything, the Sun should be it (take that monotheists!).

There is no objective truth to any of these books, and I'm sick of people giving them more validation than they would Harry Potter.

Believe in God(s) if you want, but do not believe in religion for it is all of the mind of man.

SR

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
It's muslim revionist history at it's finest.

Trying to spin any old BS so it ties back to their religion, you should hear how they try and twist themselves into knots to say Jesus was an actual muslim 600 years before Islam existed, they've been doing it for years and years they go over the other texts with a fine tooth comb to look for any loop holes to make their religion seem legitamate, it's all BS like every other religion before it and after it.

You have to ask yourself why would anyone spend hundreds of years doing this, Why seem so insecure about your religion if you truly had God's actual words and laws.

Answer is obvious really............

[edit on 22-3-2009 by SR]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world,Christianity is dwindling..atheist or agnostic is on the rise,or atleast more people dont feel they have to hide it..so it makes sense to teach about Islam.I think schools should be teaching the majority of religions,it IS a large part of peoples cultures,traditions and has had a large role in history.It links into so many aspects of the past,present and future it would be silly not to teach it in its basics.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
so they're finally getting rid of christianity. well the muslims aren't useless after all are they?

now we just gotta start bashing islam until it dissipates. it's a win win situation. just think about all those beautiful arab girls getting brainwashed...so sad.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world,Christianity is dwindling..atheist or agnostic is on the rise,or atleast more people dont feel they have to hide it..so it makes sense to teach about Islam.I think schools should be teaching the majority of religions,it IS a large part of peoples cultures,traditions and has had a large role in history.It links into so many aspects of the past,present and future it would be silly not to teach it in its basics.

Islam is growing because the Muslims live holy lives, or the most holy lives of all the religions, and people want to join because they see something genuine. The Koran is bogus, but the people themselves are good people. The Christian Bible says it's not what you know, but what you do with what you know that counts. Christian Zionists have a huge amount of truth but don't live it and make a mockery of their own religion, wanting to kill and plunder in a phony War on Terror because they are scared of the boogeyman (bin Laden) and because they think they are going to be raptured when WWIII starts.

Muslims have a little truth and do live it. Muslims aren't fornicating or aborting their babies. They have their priorities straight (family). For America to be attacking peaceful Muslim nations Iraq, Pakistan, Afghanistan and soon to be Iran if the Zionists have their way -- it is a despicable thing making America worse than Hitler's Germany.

I am a Christian myself, and I am ashamed of the Christian Zionists, and of the American government which is nothing but a puppet of Israel, all because they want the donations of the Zionist corporates and because the British Zionists print our money.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
this entire conversation belongs in an insane asylum.

Instead of arguing how they should teach religion or which ones how about defining hearsay?

How about teaching kids the truth, that neither the bible nor the quran were written by historians. How about everything written in both books are nothing more than hearsay.

The bible was written about 100years after christ's death, with no historian documention his life beforehand. How did they know the life of Jesus 100 years ago with nothing written? Also even if there was some truth to it even the vatican admitted that the bible went through decades of re-writes by church elders, so what difference does it make nobody here ever read the real bible.

How about teaching kids that?
Religion does not give us anything except differences.

What the world needs is a book on ethics, written by philosophers/ethic professors and maybe even mothers all around the world. A book that teaches kids to respect each other and understand that everyone's well being is also for their own benefit.

SR

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
'Islam is growing because the Muslims live holy lives, or the most holy lives of all the religions'

No Islam is growing because they have no sense of how the world works they think everyone having 4 wives aka baby machines and producing unlimited children well all end happily ever after for everyone.

Get with the 21st century please. The world is a finite resource. FINITE.

One thing you can say about the 'Evil' west they're not causing overpopulation which in turn causes a record number of the problems we see today.

Lets remember who's flocking in record numbers to the evil wests shores........

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Majority of Muslims are relatively poor compared to western standards...more children=more income for the family..just because we in the west have the luxury of having less children or no children at all without taking a large financial hit doesnt mean the rest of the world works that way..

[edit on 22-3-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

It has nothing to do with that..people will always encounter others that have various religious beliefs..whether we like it or not its an integral part of the world,and children should be taught about it.About the history of the religious text in question,how it affected culture in various parts of the world,influenced politics etc etc I dont believe it should be taught as fact,just relative as to how it operated in history and the modern day.

SR

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
The west had that mindset too remember if you look through history till we wised up and realised how to move forward.

It's like in Africa the popular mindset was the bigger the family the more power you have in the region yet with the same breath they would wonder why they where starving to death and didn't have enough resources. As everyone was trying to outbreed each other for power, Power is a state of mind without the resources to back it up then you have nothing. It's as futile as swapping seats on the deck of the titanic.

Muslims need to accept there holy book in some cases doesn't have answers that work well with reality like the Christians and Jews did.

Another thing that's a joke;

All this hating on gays and stuff, It's like to be fair a gay couple aint going to be having children or loads of them and expecting the state to pay for it. A non aids affected gay person generally puts in more than they take out from the state and do not add to the problem of over population.

Yet all the religions hate on them and want to hang them it's like I feel sorry for gay people. They get hated on yet it can be argued the do the most to benefit humanity in a way especially for a minority.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
First of all I hardly think those two statements are "teaching religion in school". Its obvious Jesus WAS a young Palestinian. And a terrorist is a terrorist, whether they are Islamic Fundamentalists, Japanese, Sudanese, etc.

Believe it or not, there are alot of islamic fundamentalists who don't blow things up. Just like Christian fundamentalists.

Personally, thats why my children go to private school. Because I want them to have textbooks written by the finest college professors that are not subject to these random "public outcries" that just make America look backward. The finest biology textbooks that focus on the scientific method, not having to "mention" ID just because somebody thinks it should be there.

And whatever I want to teach them religiously, they get taught at home. They get the facts at school-and you know what! You can add whatever opinion pieces you feel you need to around the dinner table.

If your children learn that the attackers of 9/11 were terrorists, and when they get home you feel you must stress to them that they were also Muslim, then so be it.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
SO what your saying is its no longer the Jehovah witnesses we'll have knocking at our door. No more, "Have you accepted Jesus as your personal savior". As we walk down the streets. From now on its the Muslims pushing their religion on the rest of us only rather than knock at the door they'll fly a plane into my living room? or as you point out into our schools....

You do know its this constant US or Them that is the root of so much hate and so very many wars... Cant we as fellow humans just learn to accept our differences without imposing our will upon others??? Although I will admit flying a jet into my living room might be more than a little annoying

I think this is just more hate mongering...

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

How about teaching kids the truth, that neither the bible nor the quran were written by historians. How about everything written in both books are nothing more than hearsay.

The bible was written about 100years after christ's death, with no historian documention his life beforehand. How did they know the life of Jesus 100 years ago with nothing written? Also even if there was some truth to it even the vatican admitted that the bible went through decades of re-writes by church elders, so what difference does it make nobody here ever read the real bible.

You don't know much about the Bible. It was written by eye witnesses who were "holy men moved by the Holy Ghost." James was the brother of Jesus. Peter was one of his disciples. Paul was a contemporary but not a disciple. John was a disciple. I believe Matthew was one of his disciples. Luke was a doctor and a historian and a contempory.

The witnesses all tell the same story, all agreeing, in the gospels, of the life of Jesus and his crucifixion and resurrection.

It's not true that the Bible was written 100 years after Jesus' death. There are also accounts of Jesus' life in other secular historian accounts, such as Josephus.

Not to mention, the Bible is an inspired book, God's own book, and God used many "holy men of old who were moved by the Holy Ghost" as the Bible says, many men, about 50 some men in total, and their revelations and scriptures fit together like a puzzle.

The Bible is unlike any other so-called holy book in existence. And you can be sure that whatever it says is 100 percent true, all its prophecies will come to pass exactly, and as Jesus said, Not one jot or tittle will pass away, that Heaven and Earth will pass away, but my Word (the scriptures) will not pass away.

As to the rewrites, we have in our possession thousands upon thousands of manuscripts, the so-called "Received Text," the handwritten fragments of the early Christians. And they all match.

The Catholics use altered manuscripts that do not match, only two of them, and they were doctored and alatered by Origen who was a gnostic heretic.

But the King James Bible is a translation from the Received Text and performed at a time in history when language was at its peak and when over 50 brilliant linguists and men of God were assembled to perform the translation task.

Anybody who has ever studied the Bible seriously knows it's not a bogus book written by men.

The Koran and the Muslim religion were invented out of thin air by the Catholics who wanted to turn the Arab people loose on Jerusalem and secure it for themselves. Instead, the Muslims decided to keep it for themselves. This is why the two religions are so similar. A Catholic nun was sent as a spy to find a "leader" and to train him in the new religion.

Muhammed was married to a Catholic. Usually you will see a Catholic cathedral right next to the mosques, and they both use prayer beads, the Muslim women are dressed as nuns, they both use bones and relics under their alters, and one Muslim mosque in particular claims to have athe head of John the Baptist in a shrine inside its mosque.

I learned all this stuff about the Muslims from watching professor Walter Veith at www.amazingdiscoveries.org
under his series Total Onslaught.

SR

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Take Jesus in his context and read what he supposedly wrote without Paul and the others spin on it, Just read what he says even look at gnostic bibles such as the 'Gospel of Saint Thomas', Now it could all be fabricated.

But

Notice how he moves away from religion in it's general sense in what he says.

Jesus sounds more like an athiest or agnostic in his own words. He recognises that something built the universe and calls it god but moves away from the Torahs version of what God is.

Bear in mind science didn't exist back then.

Yet the Jews tie him to their religion and because he was a jew and taught under the Torah for their advantage.

You have the Christians turning him into something he probably wasn't i.e. divine and changed what he could of said under Paul and the Romans for their advantage.

You have the Muslims turning him back into a normal man yet changing or ignoring most of what he said to Mohammeds and their advantage.

Notice the running pattern different groups all profiting from Jesus, All saying they knew his true intentions, All saying their the one true religion.

I mean seriously if the dude was alive today he would probably be like;

WTF did no one actually get what i was doing, Trying to move away from organised religion.

I mean there is a serious case for Jesus to be painted as an agnostic. Someone who believed in there being something out there that built the universe but not organized religions version of it.

[edit on 22-3-2009 by SR]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join