It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Urgent - Help Me Find A Thread!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Quite a while a go ( a few months back) I was reading a thread that was discussing how NASA live footage was not really live at all, in fact it was 7 minutes out!

I need this urgently! PLEASE HELP ME!

Specifically the 7 minutes out part! All help will be greatly appeciated, thanks!

Mod Edit: Fixed ALL CAPS title.

[edit on 3/21/09 by FredT]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I would u2u Zorgon and ask him.

He is the expert on NASA stuff if no one else comes up with it.

Edit, nevermind, you have to have 20 posts to u2u.

I U2U'd him and referred him to this thread. Maybe he will know.

[edit on 21-3-2009 by interestedalways]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
I would u2u Zorgon and ask him.

He is the expert on NASA stuff if no one else comes up with it.

Edit, nevermind, you have to have 20 posts to u2u.

I U2U'd him and referred him to this thread. Maybe he will know.

[edit on 21-3-2009 by interestedalways]

Thanks, greatly appreciated!
Also I have over 100 posts I think!?

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Sorry, my bad.

I just glanced at your points!

Never make assumptions!

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Do you recall the name of the thread or the approximate name? You should try doing an ATS thread search and see if you can find it there.

The thread search is towards the top right of the page under the log out link.

[edit on 21-3-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
Sorry, my bad.

I just glanced at your points!

Never make assumptions!

That's cool! We've all been brought up to make assumptions so I completely understand! So did you u2u him or should I? And it's just Zorgon I take it?

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kingdogol

Yeah, Zorgon, go ahead and u2u him yourself. If you are interested in NASA stuff he really is the best resource I have seen on the board.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Do you recall the name of the thread or the approximate name? You should try doing an ATS thread search and see if you can find it there.
[edit on 21-3-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

No idea mate, I've have and still am searching the Thread with terms like 'NASA 7 minutes' 'live nasa delayed' 'etc' and can't find it.

I really need it ASAP, the thread definitely had someone talking about NASA live footage being 7 minutes delayed. I remember this specifically because when I read it I thought, yeah what a suprise

And then I mad a mental note. Other than that I can't remember much else sorry, it was on an old PC I no longer have and therefore can't go through the history....

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Here's one that might help....they do mention a delay in the live feed..don't know if it's the exact '7 minute' one you are talking about....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you read that and still have not gotten a better one, here is the list of threads my search returned...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Edit to add....these may be older threads, but some could have surfaced recently due to new posts at the end.....

[edit on 21-3-2009 by frayed1]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
to the OP:

(if you still need the reference)

A couple questions that might help narrow down the search:

1) was the thread itself about this delay, or was the delay mentioned in a reply?
2) if it was a reply, do you have any memory of what the thread might have focused on? or, what kinds of threads do you usually click on?
3) (not really about finding the thread) what do you need the reference for? Would another reference be okay or do you specifically need an ATS thread?

edit: Here's a good source that has a lot of information about the television broadcasts, including a mention of a 6-second delay between when they were seen in Australia and when they were seen in U.S. (the delay was introduced by NASA).

I'm also finding references to ten to fifteen minute delays for the Mars rover and some other stuff, but those are due to distance (speed of light), not artificially introduced.

[edit on 3/21/2009 by americandingbat]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Frayed: Thankyou but that was not the thread and the results i have neen through, though thanks for trying

Originally posted by americandingbat
to the OP:

(if you still need the reference)

A couple questions that might help narrow down the search:

1) was the thread itself about this delay, or was the delay mentioned in a reply?
2) if it was a reply, do you have any memory of what the thread might have focused on? or, what kinds of threads do you usually click on?
3) (not really about finding the thread) what do you need the reference for? Would another reference be okay or do you specifically need an ATS thread?

I still need the reference!

1) It was not the thread but a reply on the first or second page between a quater - halfway down the page.

2)The thread had something to do with UFOs, Space, NASA, (John Lear~maybe), colour of skies on other planets, or somthing similar to these topics...

3) I need the reference because I'm currently having a conversation, via email, with Cam from the Today show in Australia. If you had a recording from 7:20 - 7:30 am you will see he mentions my email out loud, and states that all live NASA footage is delayed by 7 minutes. I mean even just generic LIVE TV shows have a madatory 5 second delay. So he is going to run a piece on it if I can find the reference before Monday.
From when I found it ages ago I looked into it and (C'mon, we all know NeverAStraightAnswer does stuff like this, they are owned and run by PTB) it was 100% accurate.
I'm taking a stance of sendig emails and getting this program to run with my ideas for stories and this way the public is
a) becoming exposed to it
b) 'believe' it because the 'NEWS' and/or 'TV' said so
It's waking people up in a way where I do very little and can get them to run stories that Amercian news wouldn't dare to touch
So in answer ANY Reference would do, PREFERABLY 7 MINUTE delay.

Thanks again for the help so far guys, also the Monday show is ~18 hours away, so the sooner the reference the better, the chances of it getting run!

[edit on 21/3/2009 by kingdogol]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I'm still not turning up anything that mentions more than the 6-second delay

new topics

top topics

join