It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What lies in Copernicus crater.....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Many here hold some rather interesting ideas about what is seen in the Lunar Orbiter imagery of the crater Copernicus.

In the next 24 hours everyone will get a better look at that oblique view of Copernicus taken back in the mid-sixties.

The Lunar Orbiter Image Recovery Project is releasing it's latest image recovered from the
LO data tapes, in all of it's unadulterated and un-retouched glory. NASA websites will be making the image available to all at full resolution. (the file is over 1G in size, so now is the time to buy that extra ram)

I'm certain some will find new and interesting things in this new view, (I'm personally hoping for a backhoe or some farm implements..... what the heck would a Lunar Combine look like anyway?) so be assured there will be plenty to keep the anomaly-hunters busy for weeks to come.

I don't know which NASA site will host the image, but keep an eye on the LOIRP site-

moonviews.com...

And watch for a feature article in the LA Times in the next couple of days.

So heads up, happy hunting, and enjoy the view, The LOIRP team has worked very hard to preserve these historic images for all of us.

SpaceMax

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Hmmm, how do we know it is not manupilated ??
Anyways, I have a telescope, and in early january i was looking at the moon, into one crater, dont know wich, I dont know the names of things up there, but, I saw an 'nail/spike' (the thing you hammer into wood ) shaped thing inside the crater, it was huge and took up at least half of the crater diameter.

I said , OH crap , whats that, and my wife came and wondered about my 'forbidden words'
, I said: take a look, and all she said was , Hmmmm , and she went back inside...

Any one know what is was ? it was brownish in color ....

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Thanks for the update on the project. The first blush hasn't been that much better than what we've seen with the high rez scans at the USGS site. Hopefully the finished product will be better.

In answer to the question: rocks, moon rocks specifically.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceMax
Many here hold some rather interesting ideas about what is seen in the Lunar Orbiter imagery of the crater Copernicus.

In the next 24 hours everyone will get a better look at that oblique view of Copernicus taken back in the mid-sixties.

Thanks for the 'heads up' SpaceMax... Its interesting they picked Copernicus... To bad when they released the "Earthrise' one they cropped it, snipping out the part we were most interested in...

But a 1G file size... might have some use

I share Phage's outlook... I want to see better than USGS and since we have an original print of LO-1-102 [Earthrise] and the LO-II-162H Copernicus... I do have something to compare to

For those new to this you can catch up here... and see what all the fuss is about...

Lunar Orbiter Tapes Found In an Abandoned McDonalds
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Lunar Orbiter Image Recovery Project is releasing it's latest image recovered from the LO data tapes, in all of it's unadulterated and un-retouched glory. NASA websites will be making the image available to all at full resolution. (the file is over 1G in size, so now is the time to buy that extra ram)

One might almost think they pulled this one out for a reason...

So heads up, happy hunting, and enjoy the view, The LOIRP team has worked very hard to preserve these historic images for all of us.

Hmmm yes indeed...

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
In answer to the question: rocks, moon rocks specifically.

'Just rocks' from Phage and post #3.... what took you so long

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Image is up at www.moonviews.com

reply to post by zorgon

To bad when they released the "Earthrise' one they cropped it, snipping out the part we were most interested in...

The version that received the widest release was all that had been processed and assembled at that time. I think the final image (not yet fully done) would be about 28 feet across if printed full size. Bear in mind some news services did their own cropping too.

Which framelet were you looking for?

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

One might almost think they pulled this one out for a reason...

Ha!
Well certainly You would Z.......
Good to know your paranoia isn't slipping with age.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Is it just me or do the "rocks" in the centre depict a face looking up (or down) towards earth?

A monument perhaps?

Take a good look and you'll see it

wzn

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Ha!
Well certainly You would Z.......
Good to know your paranoia isn't slipping with age.

Hmmm yes well... since that is the photo most discussed here in a 200 page plus thread it does seem interesting that that one was picked... but I suppose you will say its because it was the "picture of the century"

It is also interesting that it was stated originally it would be difficult to process these pictures and yet they can pick one out so easily.

Paranoia? How so? But do try to bear in mind that ATS IS a conspiracy site... what would there be here if there were no conspiracies to track?

Which framelet were you looking for?

This one... the section on the right... about dead center of that portion

This spot in particular

Later I will post a scan from our printed copy of this spot...

[edit on 22-3-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

From John's thread... you mean THIS?

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Image is up at www.moonviews.com

I will wait for the full high resolution image (1.7GB) that will be posted here soon!

lunarscience.arc.nasa.gov...

The medium version on Moonview is next to useless

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Have their been any high-res pics released from Kaguya yet? I've had a quick browse but can't find much, and I would've thought there'd been pictures released by now. I even thought we may've gotten a look at the original landing site/flag, but I guess not. Silly me

By not finding much I mean i've found a few, but nothing really with close up detail like i'd expect.

[edit on 22-3-2009 by Jimbowsk]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jimbowsk
Have their been any high-res pics released from Kaguya yet? I've had a quick browse but can't find much, and I would've thought there'd been pictures released by now. I even thought we may've gotten a look at the original landing site/flag, but I guess not. Silly me

Not only that... what happened to China's Chang-E 1 since the one and only photo they released?
And what about India's Chandrayan? They had a good start... seems no one is curious about these three moon ships...

Are they even up there? Do we have any telemetry?

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I've had a good look through the selene image gallery and the pictures don't seem to be anything different from the Apollo collection, which isn't quite what was promised if I remember rightly!

It seems a lot of the images are computer generated as well which is odd.

I think the only way we're going to ever get decent pictures is to get up there ourselves! Road/space trip anyone?

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Jimbowsk

I'll bring the beer you bring the woman...anyway 1gb in size..seems an awful lot,im not so good at spotting things though..ive always thought there might be *something* fishy going on in the moon..the nasa budget is teeny weeny compared to the military..it just makes sense to me they have their own classified space program,whether or not that entails anything about the moon i dont know..closest place to build a permanent base though.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Hey Zorgon (or anyone for that matter).
Was wondering if you could explain why this photo I got from NASA as an elementary student many moons ago has a black background and the image from NASA Image eXchange has a white background.

Description:
A Lunar Orbiter II oblique view of Copernicus and the Carpathian Mountains

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Well yeah that one and this was the one I was thinking about...

files.abovetopsecret.com...
I'm thinking this is an ancient monument much like the face on Mars - and damaged due to time ... or an ET carpet bomb? :O

I'm starting to believe that ETs use face monuments as a form of claiming that area of the planet/moon - like a branding or logo of that culture. I wonder what Earths logo could be?

The reason why we see no REAL images from these latest moon missions absolutely proves there is something wild going on up there...

But yeah this is fascinating for a quarry. Also how are we going to view the 1 gig image file?? that will take forever to load in PS or windowz.

wZn

edited caus the image wont fit - uploading confinements!

[edit on 22-3-2009 by watchZEITGEISTnow]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Jbird

They're negatives of each other.

Look at the shadowing on the landscape in both photos.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Ah. Doh!

Thanks eNumbra.

Wonder why they would do that, and not note it ?

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Jbird

It's interesting to be sure.

It, may just be the subconscious association with Bright sky = earth, dark sky = moon... but does it not look like the image on the nasa page could have been taken in a desert in the morning sun?

I doubt that's what it is. But it's something to think about.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join