It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Information About Christopher Dodd (D-CT)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
In light of the recent controversy surrounding Christopher Dodd, a Democrat Senator from Connecticut and current Chairman of the Senate Banking Committee, and his inclusion of bonus protection in the AIG bailout bill I thought I would add a little more information to what we know about him.

A little know fact about Christopher Dodd is that he is not as liberal as he may seem at first glance. He was educated at Georgetown Preparatory School which happens to be a Jesuit boys school. Dodd married Jackie Marie Clegg who is a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, also known as LDS or "The Mormons"

However, more interesting than that is the information regarding past scandals that Dodd was involved in. It seems that the AIG issue is not the first time Dodd has been caught in shady dealings with big business.

There was the Countrywide Financial Loan Controversy:

As Dodd in his role as chairman of the Senate Banking Committee proposed a housing bailout to the Senate floor in June 2008 that would assist troubled subprime mortgage lenders such as Countrywide Financial in the wake of the United States housing bubble's collapse,[25] Condé Nast Portfolio reported that in 2003 Dodd had refinanced the mortgages on his homes in Washington, D.C. and Connecticut through Countrywide Financial and had received favorable terms due to being placed in a "Friends of Angelo" program. Dodd received mortgages from Countrywide at allegedly below-market rates on his Washington, D.C. and Connecticut homes.[25] Dodd has not disclosed the below-market mortgages in any of six financial disclosure statements he filed with the Senate or Office of Government Ethics since obtaining the mortgages in 2003.

In relation to the "Friends of Angelo:

Angelo R. Mozilo (born 1938 in New York City) was the chairman of the board and chief executive officer of Countrywide Financial until July 1, 2008

So we begin to see that Dodd has a long history of nefarious dealings with the Insurance Industry:

The top recipient of insurance industry contributions was Senator Christopher Dodd (D-CT). The leading contributor from the insurance industry — as measured by total political contributions — was AFLAC, Inc., which contributed $907,150 in 2007.

But there's more:

Countrywide has also contributed a total of $21,000 to Dodd’s campaigns since 1997. Dodd has received approximately $70,000 in campaign contributions from Bank of America, which is buying Countrywide, in the last year-and-a-half before the Countrywide Financial loan scandal broke.[38] Only then-Senators Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton have received more money from Bank of America than Dodd with Senator John McCain slightly trailing him at $64,000. [38] However, no American politician has received more contributions from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac than Dodd's combined $133,900.

I believe this begins to shed a different light on the AIG issue.

But wait, there's more:

On June 20, 2008, the Heritage Foundation alleged staffers from Bank of America had drafted Dodd's housing bailout bill (FHA Housing Stabilization and Homeownership Retention Act of 2008) in March 2008, before it was introduced in the Senate.[40] The Los Angeles Times also reported on this story on June 21.

Now, if only it would stop there, but obviously it doesn't. When Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were experiencing financial trouble the government was considering a bailout of these two giants. It was quite well known that these companies were experiencing problems, however, Dodd continually denied all accounts of financial trouble in regards to Fannie and Freddie.

Now, why on Earth would he do that? Well:

Dodd is the number one recipient in Congress of campaign funds from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

Are we starting to see a pattern here?

My personal verdict is that Dodd is a weasel, a scoundrel, a thief and a liar. He's about as corrupt as they come and it seems the price for buying his favor is well known around big business circles. This man should not only be removed from the senate but he should be placed in prison and made an example for the rest of the greedy pigs in government. How this man managed to stay in Congress as long as he has is beyond me.

Source

[edit on 21-3-2009 by Shadowflux]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Eversince this walking piece of cr** decided that everything we buy and sell online needs to be tracked, monitored and taxed, I decided he was no friend to me.

Honestly nothing would make me happier than if this piece of cr** and a few others running this country into the ground, met up with Big Bubba.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

The only problem is that Dodd, and people like him, are only symptoms of the real ailment. Dodd was, and is, nothing more than a puppet bought by big business. He put his position as Banking Chairman up for sale to anyone with a few hundred thousand dollars (a woefully low price if you ask me). In one instance he reportedly didn't even write his own bill but used the bill written by one of his "Customers".

It's becoming clearer everyday that private money runs the government and the economy.

join