It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G20 Protesters 'Will Try to Bring London to Standstill'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by milesp

I certainly hope they are able to get some media attention from this. Hopefully the protests will be peacefull and we won't have to deal with the fallout of one bad apple.

I can only hope that millions of people show up to tell these crooks that our future should be in our own hands, not theirs.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

That is true.

There are people in attendance that are their for reasons other than the peaceful intention of the protest.

What we can't do is allow these people to prevent future protests from taking place because of a misinformed public opinion.

The PTB would like nothing better than for all protests to cease. The best way to do this would be to turn society against itself so that laws to curb protests are easily passed with public support.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by prophetpiggyThat's the problem with society these days...You're too worried about when the next ipod or xbox is coming out

You seem to have separated yourself from a crowd with your use of 'you' and not 'we'. That being the case...

...there are many people that would put you in that same crowd due to the fact you use a pc, browse the internet and contribute to conspiracy forums.

Why should people stop having fun?

What is wrong with chilling out on an Xbox or listening to music on an ipod?

Are we allowed to do that in your democratic ideal or are Xboxes and Ipods banned?

Maybe computer games, or even games in general, and music will be banned in your democratic ideal?

Nice one. Can't wait...

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I certainly hope they are able to get some media attention from this. Hopefully the protests will be peacefull and we won't have to deal with the fallout of one bad apple.

From your mouth (or keyboard) to their ears. That's just that much more incentive for the organizers to maintain control, assuming they can. I guess we'll see.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I don't think that anybody who is there for the right reasons will attempt to turn these things violent. However I do believe that there are other agents of various agendas that would love nothing better than to ruin our efforts at something peacefull.

It'll be interesting to watch and see what happens. Hopefully we can cause some kind of ripple.

I am still debating whether or not to go and participate, any other ATS members planning to join?

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

True enough.

...and I hope it goes peacefully. However, I'm cynic enough to fear the worst, and not be surprised when I get it...

It might be interesting to go, but I'm a continent and and ocean away. I got caught up by the riots in Seattle a few years back. That was enough to curtail any real interest in participation on my part.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I'd like to quote an NWA song, but for politeness reasons I won't... I will say that a little violence against our leaders wouldn't be bad in my eyes. Lets make sure that they they know that they work for US.

As citizens it's our responsibility to keep our pimp hands strong.

[edit on 22-3-2009 by djon01]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by djon01
I'd like to quote an NWA song, but for politeness reasons I won't... I will say that a little violence against our leaders wouldn't be bad in my eyes.

Action like that suggested "bringing London to a standstill" is not violence against our leaders. It's violence against the ordinary people of Britain. The shopkeepers and workers and mothers ....... people like me and my family and my friends.

If this goes ahead, be assured it's orchestrated by those who hate Britain, hate the British and especially hate free, independent Britons.

Maybe it's time we rose up against them?

[edit on 22-3-2009 by Essan]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

violence against our leaders I'm OK with, i didn't say I supported rioting against the general populace or their businesses or homes. In fact every time i hear about i riot (especially in gun strapped Europe) I tend to think to myself "now if all those shop owners were sitting in their stores with shotguns the riot would be over really fast"

Besides, everyone in London should be participating in the protests!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I disagree with what seems to be the general consensus here that protesters are the violent ones. It's the G20 that are the real perpetrators of violence and chaos in the world.

I'm sure many of you remember the 2001 G8 summit in Genoa, Italy.

This video is a chilling reminder of the lengths the state will go to to prevent people from voicing their opposition.

Look at this mess we're in now. The people who were fighting on the streets in Seattle, Prague, and Genoa were warning against the concentration of power and wealth that was part of the corporate globalization process. Governments and media ridiculed these people, but I think it's safe to say that they were correct to sound the alarm.

The people in the streets are informed, opinionated citizens that have the best interests of the world in mind.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Maybe it's time we rose up against them?

Maybe it is time to to do something about the G20 and those who have decimated our financial systems, employment and freedoms.

If you are going to get mad make sure you are doing it for the right reasons at the right people.

If the G20 made the world a better place there wouldn't be any trouble on the horizon.

And as was stated before - all the shopkeepers and people of london who rely on sound government should be on the streets with the people who have had enough of financial misrule and control.

Edit:

And what about these pillars of the community eh?

[edit on 23/3/2009 by skibtz]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Milesp - great posts. Those who think of anarchists as ignorant thugs have no idea of the history and intellectual tradition of the movement. I'm not sure the young John Lydon was doind anyone any favours... although it's a great record.

Chomsky's account of the brief flowering of true anarchy in Spain before the Soviets and Fascists got together to wipe it out is fascinating and inspiring reading.

And your posting of the video of the Italian police at work makes sobering viewing.

Sadly, I have to say I've also encountered the thuggish end of anarchy at a meeting being addressed by Billy Bragg, who dealt with them brilliantly. He managed to defuse what could have turned into quite an ugly situation.

Of course, one has to wonder if anyone is paying any of the thuggish element. Problem-reaction-solution must continue, after all.

And MrLizard, your posts about the police and media distorting the event was spot on. I've been on a few demos and numbers are invariably under-reported. And as for the BBC... well, anyone who remembers their utter misrepresentation of the battle of Orgreave, where they edited things to show miners retaliating by throwing stones at police who had herded them together and then, unprovoked, baton-charged them to make it look as if the miners had started it... we can't expect anything from the BBC, can we?

I've just tried to find some links to show that's what happened... and funnily enough, you can't find any reference. All gone down the memory hole. How suitably Orwellian. I'm almost doubting my own memory.

Almost. But not quite.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by skibtz

Sorry, I did in fact mean to say 'We', and not 'You'. I'm not saying having fun doesn't fall within democratic theory. All I'm saying is that we should know where to set the line. Playing the xbox or waiting around for the next ipod is fine. But all I'm saying is that we shouldn't let this utilitarian concept cloud our judgements. I'm saying that we should separate utilitarianism from other aspects of our lives.

If having fun gets in the way of us taking charge of our own lives, it's not really having fun at all is it? If utilitarianism, corporate-culture keeps you busy enough to question your government, or any other authoritarian figure, is it worth having fun?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Just saw this on the UK Channel 4 news 23/03/09:
www.channel4.com...

The protests will be beginning before the actual G20.

... direct action will start this weekend, as activists try to make City firms join efforts to turn off their lights to mark "Earth Hour".

Direct action protester Chris Knight says any violence from police would be met by what he called "mutually assured destruction".

At the same time MPs have warned that heavy-handed tactics by the police are undermining the democratic right to protest, and have called for changes to the law.

It shows 2 videos;

The 1st one actually interviewing Chris Knight.
Essentially, if the police get heavy, there are some of the protesters who will get heavy right back at them & more so. If you listen to the way he says it & observe his body language, this guy really means it. He's half past pissed off & just does not care anymore, he's passed right through anger & out to the other side into a passive self assured promise of violence in very definite terms, he is prepared to go all the way & further. This is going to get ugly.

The reporter then goes on to describe some of the promised violence from another group the"....so called 'Black Block Anarchists'..."

"...smash windows, fight running battles with the riot police... the plan is to gather outside the Bank of England at noon..."

Scary stuff. The reporter says although the Bank of England is built like a fortress, the police have warned all the surrounding banks next to the Bank of England to go into lockdown-mode, to dress down & don't look so much like bankers & only have minimal staff in on 1st April...

Also - the some of the protesters plan to have 4 people on horseback dressed as the '4 horsemen of the Apocolypse' - riding into battle - haha!!

Taken from the 2nd video:
The protesters are going to enforce a 'Lights Out' in 'Earth Hour'...
Chris Knight:

"...Any building in London, any building at all, after sundown, that has it's lights on, it's on our map, those lights are going to be truned off..."

!!ha-ha

Then they interview John O'Connor, formerly head of the public order unit at the Metropolitan Police, and Lindsey German, from Stop the War.

OK - so there's a mixed bag here; I bet the vast majority of the protesters will be peacfully trying to get their voices heard, but there are other groups who are promising street-theater-style disruptions to varying degrees, then also other more radical groups of anarchists who are taking a more direct approach... & then of course other groups of ...well, thugs basically - who are intent on utter violence.

With no real way of knowing whether they are all protesters in their own right or whether they'll be some 'PTB planted thugs' just to kick things off.
Probably a mixture of everything really.

I'm in 2 minds; what TPTB are doing to us all & the whole banking system being as corrupt as it is makes me soooo p*ssed off, then again on the other hand, getting so violent about it is probably not going to achieve a great deal, they can just keep coming straight back at the protesters with more & more & all the way up to the military, I really don't see how the protesters can win with violence.

...but like I said, it does make me angry so I can totally understand the frustrations of the protesters...

So what's the real way forwards here? How the hell do you get the people up there with all the power & money & firepower to stop doing what they're doing, to stop scr*wing us all.

I doubt violence could win against the firepower they have at their disposal.
I also seriously doubt that trying to reason with them & to get them to stop would work either... like they're going to give up their power & wealth when they're clearly a bunch of power-luvin-greedy-mofos

Peace & Tea

[edit on 23/3/2009 by moobaawoof]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

So what's the real way forwards here? How the hell do you get the people up there with all the power & money & firepower to stop doing what they're doing, to stop scr*wing us all.

I doubt violence could win against the firepower they have at their disposal.
I also seriously doubt that trying to reason with them & to get them to stop would work either... like they're going to give up their power & wealth when they're clearly a bunch of power-luvin-greedy-mofos

Peace & Tea

[edit on 23/3/2009 by moobaawoof]

At this point all we can do is wake up the public. People are beginning to realize whats happening and if they see other people refusing to go quietly down the path the G20 wants to take them, then they will be emboldened to do the same.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Unfortunately, in UK people are not armed. They don't have arms. The G20 is the heart of the NWO. All the scum will be there. Where are the terrorists when we need them?

Could some country independant from the NWO launch a missile on the G20 meeting please?

Remember when the whole world marched against the Iraq War and they still went ahead? This is the same thing. They are on the edge of having their world government, they won't back down.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Unfortunately, in UK people are not armed. They don't have arms. The G20 is the heart of the NWO. All the scum will be there. Where are the terrorists when we need them?

Could some country independant from the NWO launch a missile on the G20 meeting please?

Remember when the whole world marched against the Iraq War and they still went ahead? This is the same thing. They are on the edge of having their world government, they won't back down.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by Vitchilo]

Agreed!

[edit on 25-3-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
What is it with the nihilist anarchists that just seem to want to trash shops and banks, engage in pitched battles with riot police, and ruin a chance for the ordinary folk who may never have ventured onto the streets to protest but feel the need to?

This image just sums up the low-brow mentality of the 'hardcore anarchist'...

Originally posted by milesp
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/89653ffc1eda.jpg[/atsimg]

If they used their brains instead of boots and fists they'd be able to figure out a way to bring the city's roads to a grinding halt in a co-ordinated non-violent manner.

For instance, I know that Manchester has as few as 4 critical choke points on its road network. A coordinated road-drama at each point during rush hour would create chaos for motor traffic stuck in the city and 'drive' the point home

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I say fair play to these people, but that they vent their anger out APPROPRIATELY. That means having at least some self-control and respect for the general public and those around them, Im talking mums with kids and students or yound/old people caught up in whatever actions they take.
I can relate with their cause as im disgusted by the way the banking/credit system is run, and im also participating in the Lights Out event myself as just cause.
Sometimes you need these events to make politicians take note, they dont want you or me to have an opinion because they want to play us like puppets instead of having free-thought, and anyone who has an opinion they consider as "thugs/terrorists/vandals/rioters" etc, when infact there just normal people most likely been forced out of work due to debt or this Cash crisis, and want a voice.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by citizen smith

The whole point of a lot of people's views on anarchy is that intellectualism doesn't solve anything. Direct action must be taken to change anything, and people must be forced to see their errors. That's partially why many of them dislike voting- it's intellectual and practically changes nothing these days.

There are those of us who can do both direct action and think intellectually, but we're the most jaded about all of this.

I see nothing wrong with graffiti, anyway, especially on a building owned by a big business. I suspect that's what that building was- or a bank. But since neither of us know, you and I can't assume what building they defaced. You can't assume that was a small shop owned by a regular Joe. So your anger is unfounded.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by sadisticwoman]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join