It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G20 Protesters 'Will Try to Bring London to Standstill'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
Violence produces more violence.

Destruction produces more destruction.

Knowledge produces understanding.

Understanding produces peace.

Don't continue the cycle.

Good words.... but are you suggesting people just sit back at home and do nothing?

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Protesting is fine, but not violent protesting. People need to know what is happening and what the G20 is and what their goals are. However, if you become violent you will lose the support of the common citizen, you will seem like nothing but hooligans, "bomb throwing anarchists" as they used to say.

This is the information age and knowledge is more powerful now than it has ever been. If you want to make people aware you must disseminate information. It is akin to shinning light on roaches, they scurry away back into the sewers from whence they came.

These people thrive on secrecy and violence will only validate their desire for increased control and security.

Peace and knowledge is the key to defeating tyranny.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

I agree about not having a violent protest. As much as I would like to participate nothing can stop them.

The Bildeberg’s, G20 and other shadow government from EVERY Nation have been working on this plan for decades.

There is no way we can stop it, sorry to say.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld

Sure there is... but you'd serve the rest of your life out in a penitentiary or be sentenced to death for doing it.

Same way the first world war was started, that certainly divided everyone up.

[edit on 22-3-2009 by johnsky]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Remember though, that freedom in inherent at birth. The only freedoms that can be taken away are those that we give up. If every person in every nation woke up and realized that they don't have to obey there would be nothing at all that the elite can do

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by milesp

The graffitti those two losers had just done...

What exactly did that accomplish? What does smashing shops, lobbing molotov cocktails through bank windows, and other assorted acts of mayhem accomplish exactly? Does it hurt those you deem the enemy, or does it hurt those that live down on the street with you?

Think about that before you go all anarchy on the "bad guy"...

I had the misfortune of being in downtown Seattle during those stupidities a few years back. The only ones hurt by that nonsense were the ones working for the little money, the moms and dads trying to feed their kids, but suddenly couldn't work because some moron decided that the only way to punish "them" was to hurl things through windows.

Protest? Fine. Peaceful ones. Oh, and that idea of bringing kids? Human shields, how nice...

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

I agree to a point, however our rights are slowly being taken away.

Lets just hope we dont have one global Dictator calling all the shots, especially with a global currency.

They caught us At a time of vulnerability, in a global financial crisis. We don’t have the same global clout as we did after World War 2.

They are creating a shift in global power. We can thank the G20 and other such entities for this.

Things will be much different in 2010. I never thought I'd live to see the day!

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
Violence produces more violence.

Unless you are being attacked and it isthe last resort - violence can be an effective means to an end of oppression.

Destruction produces more destruction.

Destruction is sometimes required in order for continuation. Plenty of examples in nature - forest fires, life-bearing asteroids etc.

Humans probably wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the destruction of the dinosaurs et al.

Knowledge produces understanding.

But is not a prerequisite. I do not need to understand the chemical makeup of petrol in order to drive a car. Also, people have died for what they know making knowledge a dangerous commodity.

Understanding produces peace.

Understanding itself does not produce peace - understanding how to operate a tank is not going to bring about peace.

Unless we refer to point one of course where violence is required to make it so.

[edit on 22/3/2009 by skibtz]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

The Bildeberg’s, G20 and other shadow government from EVERY Nation have been working on this plan for decades.
reply to post by wonderworld

if everybody say's that there would be no protest in the first place.
the way i see it is:

1) there will be riots...(summer off rage) the announced it, so it will be there.they rather say ..."see..told ya"... than...anything else.

2) it will be violent.

3) it will be under reported.

rumors are bilderberg will meet in secret during G20, and protesters are the decoy.?

the english history is quite violent...just remember same leaders killed millions all over the world for the money....the G 20 is all about money
bloodmoney....

and the media will cover most off it up.show the world everything is fine
and went well no panic...(yet?)
who would know..??

what about this question....

There is no way we can stop it?

what if they all agree???

would the outcome be.." let's go...we have one shot left at freedom",
afterall they take more and more liberty's away....as we all know

or "oke we are here...shoot us"... not likely

so,...There is no way we can stop it,

YES

waking up by the millions will slow them down even cryple or parralize them,

but you need people like ron paul (in the right places)

to extermintad them for once and for all,

it is gonna be ugly at the final showdown whenever that may be...
thats all i know in the end. i think we all do...

1 press of a botton 1 wrong move...

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
What about the freedom to go about your lawful business earning money for your family without being set upon by a bunch of ignorant thugs?

Personally I'd shoot these idiots - but I guess they're probably being paid by the NWO in the first place so no doubt they'll be allowed to ruin our lives

The G20 are bad enough, without those who offer nothing, do nothing and hate everyone, sticking their oar in. Time we stood up against them.

Hey, maybe as punishment we could make them do a day's work? Or is that against theire 'human rights'?

[edit on 22-3-2009 by Essan]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
The G20 are bad enough, without those who offer nothing, do nothing and hate everyone, sticking their oar in. Time we stood up against them.

Im guessing that because you haven't already stood up to the G20, who you yourself admit are bad enough, the protesters are safe from you, your plans and your apathy.

There are bad apples in any crowd - the real challange is to not let them ruin the people's right to protest.

It seems that you want the abolishment of the right to protest - that seems to be part of a G20 agenda IMO.

[edit on 22/3/2009 by skibtz]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Hey, maybe as punishment we could make them do a day's work? Or is that against theire 'human rights'?

I thought we were here to deny ignorance?

What makes you think that a protester would be new to a day's work? What makes you think they wouldfind it a punishment?

Do you think that protesters are vagrants or the like?

Also, do you have an issue with people standing up for and ensuring that human rights are upheld?

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by whatshenneping

I agree with you to a point. My main concern is new rules in homeland security.

On march 12th 2009 US Rep. Henry Cuellar unveiled legislation that he hopes will result in a better coordinated federal, state and local response to ongoing security threats and current political trends in the U.S.

Under cover of the "war on terror and moves toward suppressing protesters, most recently on display when protests during the Democratic and Republican National Conventions were criminalized and organizers were charged with "domestic terrorism" under the Patriot Act.

They are allowed to use lethal force if Necessary. The Patriot act is to prevent protesting. .

READ this link. Patriot act.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

What about the freedom to go about your lawful business earning money for your family without being set upon by a bunch of ignorant thugs?

Personally I'd shoot these idiots - but I guess they're probably being paid by the NWO in the first place so no doubt they'll be allowed to ruin our lives

[edit on 22-3-2009 by Essan]

I think a lot of people have some serious misconceptions about anarchism. It's a coherent political philosophy and the people who adhere to it do far more than gather every couple years to throw stones. Anarchists are involved in countless activism campaigns across the world which help push our society in a new direction.

We don't do nothing and hate everything and what we offer is certainly better than what the G20 wants.

As for doing a day's work, I work full time and go to school part time. Anarchists have to pay bills too, although i admit it would be nice if i didn't have to.

If anyone wants to deny ignorance and have their misconceptions about anarchists challenged, you can feel free to do so at www.infoshop.org...

It's a bit of a read but virtually any question you have regarding the philosophy can be answered there.

[edit on 22-3-2009 by milesp]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
There are times on ATS that I felt lonely in my support of peaceful protest and my opposition to violence and the meaningless destruction of private and public property. I'm encouraged by the way this thread is going

Violent protests guarantee that anyone who matters will not only ignore you, they will turn against you. Until people realize this, their protest is in vain. People should not let themselves be lead to slaughter by these so called violent Anarchists who revel in chaos, violence and destruction.

I watched this in the 1960's and know what works and what does not work. A group of peaceful people who go out of their way to not cause problems while protesting wield many times the power of the phonies throwing bricks and destroying innocent peoples property. ...and yes they are phonies. It is not the cause that attracts them, it is the violence.

Imagine the power if hundreds of thousands were to take to the streets peacefully and calmly spreading their message. No power on earth could stop it. People need to look to truly great men like Martin Luther King for inspiration and say no to the Anarchists crowd who are just in it for the thrill. Most of them can't even speak intelligently on what they are protesting.

Lets hope cooler heads prevail because if they do, we all win. If the violent Anarchists keep interfering, we all loose.

It is time for peaceful, serious people to let the violent people who hide their faces know that they are not welcome or needed in the debate. Change will happen when ordinary peaceful people take to the streets in large numbers and calmly and intelligently air their grievances. As long as the news is dominated by out of control adolescents who can not even hold an intelligent conversation about what they are protesting, the wrong side will continue to win.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by skibtz

What makes you think that a protester would be new to a day's work? What makes you think they wouldfind it a punishment?

Do you think that protesters are vagrants or the like?

Also, do you have an issue with people standing up for and ensuring that human rights are upheld?

I've seen rent-a-mob all to often in this country. There maybe people who genuinely object to capitalism etc but many of those involved will be wanting ti ensure that their personal idea of rights are upheld and to h*ll if it means the rest of us suffer.

These people have no respect or regard for anyone else. A sympton of our age

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I took part in the anti-Iraq War march on London that was organized by the Stop the War Coalition. It was peaceful, friendly and represented the views of many more people that didn't take part. Coaches arrived from as far afield as Ireland and Scotland to make their views known. It was then widely misrepresented in the media. Figures ranging from less than half a million to just over a million participants were presented. Pretty big disparity there.

It wasn't the first march I've attended, but exemplified the dismissive attitudes of Government. Democracy is an ideal, a hyperreality that has little basis in the process of political decision-making.

Any legitimate protest towards the leaders of the G20 Summit will be diminished by images of balaclava wearing 'extremists.' A cross-section of society will turn up to make their dissatisfaction known; all ages, families and classes. Inevitably, it will all be subverted by images of fringe antagonists and either ignored or misrepresented by tabloid media outlets.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
All of you guys made very good points. However, I do think that all these concepts of violence/peace/protest etc. are subjective and should be taken in accordance to the situation involved.

Sometimes, protesting is all that is required to serve a purpose. Exactly how the Indians got rid of the British. Protesting however, is not helping the Palestinians much is it? Similarly, Bangladesh fought back the Pakistani occupation. However, violence is not working out so well in Africa is it?

Again, both violence and non-violent approaches can have short-term and long-term effect. Usually, short-term goals are reached, but the vacuum that is left is often filled by ruthless dictators.

So I do think that each method has it's own pro/con, but when used effectively, can achieve the set purpose. Though for some very weird reason, nature seems to ensure that changed political events usually fall back and you end up with the same ruthless leaders you set out to bring down, if not more ruthless than the ones before.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Peaceful protest is wonderful. Yet all too often there is that small violent number that are out to cause as much of a rucus as possible...and crowds being what they are, go along with it. The mob mentality if you will. It's the organizers of the protests who need to control that minority. No one else can do it in time.

Protests are part and partial to getting things changed...riots only make things worse. IMHO.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
Democracy is an ideal, a hyperreality that has little basis in the process of political decision-making.

I agree with you there. The words 'democracy' and 'capitalist' has been so modified and mutilated over the past century, that people think they're actually living in a real democratic, free-market society.

Democracy doesn't mean that you have to live in fear of the government or the police. In fact, what it means is that you have to right to go up to a police officer or a politician and throw a finger or two. What it should mean is that YOU are what controls the government, not the other way round. What it should mean is that YOU refuse to pay tax because it lowers your disposable income. What it means is that YOU can and will storm into parliament or congress to yell out your views if you want to, without anybody stopping you or throwing you out. It's not about KNOWING your rights as per the constitution, because politicians lobby and decide what YOUR rights should be. It's about BUILDING your own rights, and change the constitution if need be.

That's the problem with society these days. You're so comfortable with your corporate, pop-culture life, that you're no longer in control. You're no longer concerned with how the government does it's job, as long as they get it done. You're too worried about when the next ipod or xbox is coming out, when you should be worried about exactly how, when and why the government did what it did.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join