It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Channel decides to air the Dulce special on March 25!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The History Channel, in a timely fashion, decided to air its long-awaited Dulce special on Wednesday, March 25, four days before the Dulce Base: Fact or Fiction conference and public meeting in Dulce.
The UFO Hunters program of the History Channel is entitled: "Underground Alien Bases" and will air at 10 p.m. for those in the Pacific time zone and also 10 p.m. in the Eastern time zone. It will air at 11 p.m. for those in the Mountain time zone.
The hour-long program will deal with Dulce.
In the meantime, final preparations are being made for the public meeting in Dulce:

DULCE, NEW MEXICO – Eye witnesses, law enforcement officers, paranormal investigators and local residents will all meet at a conference in Dulce, New Mexico on March 29 to discuss long-standing rumors of a secret, underground U.S. government biological laboratory and base in the area. Norio Hayakawa, a retired funeral director and former director of a civilian intelligence network, is hosting the conference at the Best Western Jicarilla Inn in Dulce. His intent is to prove that these rumors may have prosaic explanations.
However, he asserts that some of these prosaic explanations may be disturbing, if true, and if revealed to the public.

According to Hayakawa, stories began to circulate in the mid-1970s when area residents witnessed "strange lights in the sky" and when ranchers reported mysterious cattle mutilations and frequent sightings of military helicopters. The rumors intensified in 1980 when Paul Bennewitz, who was then the president of Thunder Scientific Labs adjacent to Kirtland Air Force Base in Albuquerque, reported his experiences with what he described as "alien entities". Bennewitz claimed that these entities were controlling humans through electromagnetic devices, that their triangular craft crashed near Dulce, that some strange aerial objects were regularly flying near Kirtland, the nearby Manzano Nuclear Weapons Storage Facility and Coyote Canyon Test Area, and that they were transmitting signals to him from a base under Archuleta Mesa, adjacent to Dulce.

One of the speakers at the conference will be Greg Bishop, who thoroughly investigated the Bennewitz claims in his book Project Beta.. There will also be a few other well-known speakers. “However,” Hayakawa said, “the principal focus of the conference will be with local residents, ranchers and law enforcement officers who will testify about their personal experiences.”

Interest in the conference and the decades-long rumor of a Dulce base are high. “The UFO Hunters,” a popular History Channel television show, recently visited Dulce to interview residents and research facts about the purported Dulce base. “Because of the History Channel investigation, the townsfolk of Dulce are very much aware of the conference,” said Hayakawa. “For the first time, some of the residents may come forward at the conference to speak without fear of ridicule.”

Skeptical of the claims and rumors himself, Hayakawa is convinced there could be prosaic explanations to both the UFO sightings and cattle mutilations, and looks forward to the conference providing a resolution of the matter. "There has not been any physical evidence whatsoever that there is such a base in or near Dulce," Hayakawa asserted.. "However,” he admitted, “I have heard about some disturbing allegations concerning the Dulce area relevant to serious environmental as well as health issues."

"One such wild allegation", said Hayakawa, "is the allegation that the government, beginning in the mid 1970s, may have conducted clandestine operations in the area involving experiments with bovine diseases, anthrax and other substances as part of biological warfare research." Hayakawa also says he has heard from other sources that there may also have been some illegal dumping or storage of toxic chemicals and other bio-hazzardous materials in the nearby areas.

(On a curious side note, Hayakawa stated that when he first visited Dulce in 1990 with the crew of a Japanese TV Network to help produce a TV special on Dulce, they were inexplicably detained by the Jicarilla Apache police chief while they were interviewing the people on the streets about their sightings of military helicopters, strange lights in the sky and also about cattle mutilations in the nearby areas.)

"Another allegation that I have heard", continued Hayakawa, is "the allegation that the there has been a cover-up of occasional radiation leaks in the region resulting from a 1967 underground nuclear detonation which took place about 22 miles southwest of Dulce.." The name of that government experiment was called Project Gasbuggy, part of the government's attempt to utilize nuclear energy for peaceful purposes. It was part of the Plowshare Program. Hayakawa said that it was conducted "ostensibly to ease the flow of natural gas in the region, but the government knew well in advance that it would produce high amount of radiation".

"These may have some relevance to an allegation that there has been relatively high rate of cancer in this region as well as some reports of problems with fertility among some women in the area as well", said Hayakawa.

Hayakawa also stated that "if some of these allegations are true", then he supports a theory "that the government may have purposefully created some 'convenient' cover stories to conceal those activities and may even have staged a series of fake 'UFO-type' incidents in the area, utilizing high tech equipment such as holographic projection devices." This type of operation, according to him, has been a part of the Psychological Operations (PSYOPS) programs utilized by the military. "The association of this area with 'UFOs' certainly creates a laughter curtain and ridicule and would detract attention away from serious scrutiny of the area."

According to Greg Bishop, Paul Bennewitz may have been a target of a concerted effort by the government through the AFOSI at Kirtland Air Force Base as well as Sandia and Phillips Labs to brainwash him into believing that there is an alien base under the Archuleta Mesa in Dulce, 125 miles north of Albuquerque. Their main goal was to move away the focus of Bennewitz's curious scrutiny of leading-edge military test projects near the Coyote Canyon. Greg Bishop suggests that part of what Bennewitz may have witnessed near the Manzano Storage Area and Coyote Canyon Test Areas in 1979 could have been the government's test flights of prototypes of remotely-controlled platforms (unmanned aerial vehicles) and testing of some laser-based optical tracking technologies.. "If this had been the case these devices may have been utilized in timely fashion over Dulce during the height of government's clandestine operations near Dulce", said Hayakawa.

Whatever the case may be, Hayakawa said that this fascinating one-day conference, open to the public, will start at 10:00 a.m. and will conclude at 5 p..m.. Admission is $5 at the door. The conference will include an open public forum during which the public will be given an opportunity to report their experiences and express their opinions.

Additional information can be found at
www.ufodigest.com...

and www.myspace.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Norio Hayakawa

I hope this is better than their Area 51 episode. The triangle episode was actually quite good, and I do have hopes for this one. I will definitely be watching as I am a skeptic of Dulce. Perhaps they will have some data that will change my mind.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I watched some of the Phil Schneider videos regarding underground bases and found his credentials and presentation sound. The only thing that bothers me about Discovery, History, or Sci-Fi channel documentaries is they are under the scrutiny of the powers that be, and any information divulged is going to be watered down or skewed somehow.

On the other hand, perhaps this is a part of the gradual conditioning/exposure to the E.T. Text that has been taking place for many years.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I don’t really care that they may try to discredit the alleged UFO base, I doubt there is one and believe me, I’ve driven all these back roads and have found nothing that looks like an entry. There is still a lot of paranormal activity here that could never be explained by dumping chemicals or just another government cover up! I can’t really see them setting up some kind of hologram equipment just to scare the locals. After all, why would they bother? They know we can’t prove it either way!

I’ve spent many years living in an area close by the alleged Dulce Base. Like most of the locals here I have my share of strange stories and unexplained events.
I don’t really believe there is a base so to speak of, but “something is going on here” and has been far longer than the 70’s. Unless you live in the area you don’t have a feel for the real eeriness here. When I say the area I mean “Dulce, Chama, Pagosa, Ignacio all the way to Durango” The entire area is teaming with paranormal events and it’s defiantly not limited to UFO’s it’s more like a portal to hell!

Almost everyone especially the farmers has a slew of stories ranging from things in the sky, cattle mutilations to little girls sitting in the middle of the woods crying. Mysterious deaths of young people alone in the woods. The local farmers will tell you not to stay out in the woods after dark. “make sure you’re out before dark”

Much of this area is named with reference to hell or the devil. It’s the most paranormal area I have ever seen or experienced. As soon as the beautiful scenery wears off and you realize your living here the feeling starts to set in. It’s creepy and it’s everywhere!

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by se7en30
I watched some of the Phil Schneider videos regarding underground bases and found his credentials and presentation sound. The only thing that bothers me about Discovery, History, or Sci-Fi channel documentaries is they are under the scrutiny of the powers that be, and any information divulged is going to be watered down or skewed somehow.

On the other hand, perhaps this is a part of the gradual conditioning/exposure to the E.T. Text that has been taking place for many years.

Agreed, these mainstream exposés do nothing but create even more questions. They aren't there to answer anything. If it's broadcast in HD be prepared for some really cool visuals but no answers.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Norio Hayakawa
The History Channel, in a timely fashion, decided to air its long-awaited Dulce special on Wednesday, March 25, four days before the Dulce Base: Fact or Fiction conference and public meeting in Dulce.
The UFO Hunters program of the History Channel is entitled: "Underground Alien Bases" and will air at 10 p.m. for those in the Pacific time zone and also 10 p.m. in the Eastern time zone. It will air at 11 p.m. for those in the Mountain time zone.
The hour-long program will deal with Dulce.

Actually it will be 8 p.m. for those in the Mountain Time zone.
Please check you local TV program guides.

By the way, here is my take on all UFO programs on TV.
TV networks and programs are made to make money. That's it. That's the basic fact. If the program is not interesting or if it becomes too scholastic it will not be "popular" and will not make money. Let's face it.
Sensationalism, unfortunately, is the keyword for all UFO programs on TV.
Here is the TV promotional wording for Wednesday's UFO Hunters new episode, "Underground Alien Bases":

'It could be one of the darkest and most sinister secrets in the entire field of UFO investigation: human-alien genetic experiments, reportedly going on deep below the New Mexico desert brush in an underground base. There are even accounts of an uprising and a shootout between humans and rebellious alien Greys. Our team will investigate this far out story which includes testimony from a former homicide detective and undercover operative who have thoroughly investigated the region, interviews with UFO eyewitnesses, and a rare visit to a once top secret government facility--all to determine what lies beneath the sands of what's called the "Valley of Fear." '

"

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up on this! Star 4 U!

I enjoy UFO Hunters and especially enjoyed the 'triangle' episode even though we have yet to find out the basis for Bill stating that someone in the 80s time traveled. There was some awesome footage is this episode. Darnit, I want to see one of these! I don't care if it's man made or alien in nature - I still want to see it. I missed the Stealth Bomber at the Brickyard or Indy 500 race, can't recall - I had been in line for the bathroom for 40 minutes (TMI) and was two people away when it flew over. The rumble was intense. If I could go back, I woulda bolted from that line and gone outside - then maybe crash the mens bathroom - they never have lines

::pokepokenudgenudge:: I would love for ATS to get an interview with Bill!

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Great!

I'm still using rabbit ears.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Norio Hayakawa

Here is my comment on tonight's premier showing of UFO Hunters' "Underground Alien Bases" new episode, which I just finished seeing.
It was definitely sensationalistic reporting.
However, I think it did create a renewed interest in once more examining whether this issue is of any value or not.
The program was done quite well.
It did not come out and say that the base exists nor did it deny that it exists.
The best part was the various testimonies from the Jicarilla Apache residents there.
I am very much exicted about the fact that the History Channel aired this program four days before the Dulce Base conference in Dulce.
I hope to see lots of people in Dulce on Sunday.
Especially the local residents. Two former Dulce police officers as well as a longtime rancher will give testimonies at the Dulce conference.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
1 thing that bothered me the most about it the last ufo hunters epsidoe was that they never said what happened to the supposed photos that thomas castello took from inside dulce. other then that it was a great episode.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
This episode left me wanting more but then, don't they all? I too was intrigued by the Jicarilla Apaches. Some seemed really reluctant to speak but those who did had some tales to tell.

Some of those pictures were so nasty. I had never seen the picture of the mouse with the human ear. And what about the picture of the cow mutilations with an apparent human (?) head inside? I may just now become a vegatrion. That was distrubing.

So, what's going on Friday? Can anyone elaborate about more? Is it a news confrence? You think it'll be televised? Is there going to be some disclosure? And if so, um, why? "They" haven't disclosed anything else to date.

Again, thanks for the heads up, I may have missed it since I thought the season was over. Oh, who am I kidding? I always watch the re-runs too!

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I was entertained by this episode, although when it began it seemed like a shill for all the wild theories about what is going on at this alleged facility. The main theories and original story was told in the first 15 minutes, with Bill seeming to believe it. The other two guys remained sane, and questioned if there was a base and the wild theories around it. They all decided it was best to at first prove there was a base.

Others have a theory that it could be used for genetics testing, and it is near where they tested atom bombs during the Second World War. There were some grotesque pictures of a cow fetus that did not look like a cow. It had what appeared to be some human like features. I would think it was a mutation, but how, why, what and where need to be answered.

The locals mainly had stories of seeing UFOs near Archuleta Mesa, where the Dulce base is allegedly under. A local showed them around and talked of knowing about tunnels and possible vents, but he did not show them and remained sketchy at best. I wonder if they are stating all this to attract tourists (and their money) to this rather beautiful area of New Mexico.

Bill then showed them the underground facilities in West Virginia built underneath the hotel. It does prove they can build such facilities in plain sight without people knowing what is going on. The problem is the hotel facility was not used, and only had maintenance crews show up for the periodical maintenance needed on such a facility.

While I was entertained, no physical evidence or first hand eyewitness accounts of Dulce were found. Every bit of information was second or third hand.

I would also look for the logistics necessary to support such a base. It would need power, water, and supplies delivered to it for the personnel inside the base. Also, how would the people get there, and what would they do for entertainment? The underground mag lev trains is one explanation for getting supplies, but someone would come out and talk about the maintenance of such systems. The underground transportation system would take at least a thousand people to work on if it is as vast as reported. Why hasn't anyone come forward? Why no pictures, except for drawings of pictures?

Could a base have been secretly built and hidden at Dulce? Absolutely. Is there one at Dulce? I am inclined to say no. I need much more evidence than hearsay and other people's wild theories. While the Natives were interesting, their stories also proved nothing.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
There were some grotesque pictures of a cow fetus that did not look like a cow. It had what appeared to be some human like features. I would think it was a mutation, but how, why, what and where need to be answered.

To me, that was the most interesting part of the show, and I'm surprised that it's not being discussed much here. I expected to see "cowman" threads all over this forum today.
I've been searching the internet to see if anybody's posted those photos yet, but haven't found any. Did nobody tape the show?

Also, who was that guy who brought the photos forward? I missed the part where they mentioned who he was. He seemed to know more than he was telling them by mentioning that there would be consequences.

edit - Oh yeah, for those that missed it, one of the cow fetuses had a friggin' human ear on a rounded head!

[edit on 3/26/2009 by Curious_Agnostic]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Curious_Agnostic

Mr Valdez was a Deputy Sheriff who investigated cattle mutilations in the 1980s. I also liked the fact he mentioned gas masks, and what alien would leave such stuff behind?

My main problem with the show is they did not look at the logistics of supporting the base and people in the base. The first question of can they build one was answered, but the second question of logistics was ignored. Before they start asking if it is alien, they need to show such a base is there and they did not.

I am very skeptical of a base at Dulce, and the show did not change that.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I was told that this will play on history.com in awhile.

This is good. I can see it here on the idiot box.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
If anyone missed the documentary its on youtube/google video, just watched part one myself. Nothing new revealed so far though its interesting to actually see the area that ive read about, helps put it in some sort of context. Theres been an interview so far with a local who claims its a commonly accepted part round there that its home to a UFO base. Whether this is indeed a belief held by the majority or not i dont know but it occured to me that theres long been folk traditions of "seperate" people living inside mountains, one that springs to mind is some of the Tibetan traditions and beliefs.

Its also interesting seeing an interview with John Lear after reading so many of his posts on here.

First post for me so i hope im not breaking any rules linking to the video.
UFO Hunters Dulce

Anyway onto part 2 for me...

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The very first one looks to be using an advanced lifter system. I wonder if they have created something with exotic materials that works like lifters. Would be very cool to see those.

Tesla Downunder

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
heres a link to some alledged photos from within ducle.

www.mangup.net...

and the alledged video from within dulce base.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
www.mangup.net...
These pics had me going until I saw the one for Halo 3 Logo.
Wuts up with that microsoft? They warning us or preparing for the future.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by MREALE]

[edit on 31-3-2009 by MREALE]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by scorpionxx

Those videos have been around for a while. It does look like a science fiction movie. I hope they find a support road to the facility or other evidence of its existence. The reality of Dulce leads many more questions than what is going on there.

Thank you for the photos and video.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join