It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO spotted in Britain - MSN video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
video.msn.com...

Interesting new video doing the rounds on MSN Live.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Do you have any thoughts on this UFO?

My thoughts are that it is a lens flare or a bright light that is out of focus, Venus or Sirius is a popular one I heard.

My picks Sirius

[edit on 21-3-2009 by Chadwickus]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Thats a nice video, not sure what to make of that yet.
Would lens flare change colours that way.

Thanks for that

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
i can't get the video to play in the Op link

is it the video where the schoolgirl caught that blue looking thing on camera ?

if it is...this player works for me

www.shropshirestar.com...

[edit on 21-3-2009 by easynow]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I think rather than lens flare, it looks like a camera effect (defect) from someone trying to zoom in/out and focus on a bright object. I've seen that in several other videos in the past, and the colors can also appear to change during this process. Could be anything.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Yep that's the one, I wonder why MSN only posted up a 30 second clip?

Anyway, with the longer video it still looks like Sirius

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

ok thanks for the confirmation, the Op had no description

i think the witnesses said the orb looking thing was moving ?

he pair decided to go out and follow the light along the Craven Arms Road to try get a bit closer and they started to notice it was going down beyond the horizon.

moving or setting is the question

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Methinks setting.

This isn’t the only time that we have seen it, we have seen about two other separate occasions, all roughly in the same direction but not the exact place.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
WOW! Seriously this has to be the worst so called UFO caught on video.. Please!!

I am no expert, but this looks like its a torch on flat surface and if anyone is believing this is creditable evidence then i am not going to believe a word your saying in the future..

This was reported by "The Sun"... Has to be the most unreliable source ever!!!

*i am not an active believer of UFO's and Aliens, as i am still wanting for defiant proof which nobody has been able to show me, but i actively look for proof of this and other things*

[edit on 21-3-2009 by r3dman]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
There are several strange things on that video.

First, it looks like it's using a method of enhancing light levels but that has the problem of creating a very low frame rate, maybe one frame every two seconds.

Second, it looks like it was filmed through a glass, sometimes it looks like a reflection is moving in front of the background.

Third, when that happens it does not look like it is at the same frame rate, it looks normal, so I think it nay have been filmed from a TV screen on something like that.

Fourth, the sound, another thing that makes me think that this was filmed from a TV screen and it's not the real video.

Finally, this looks like another out of focus light, nothing special.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
might as well bring the youtube version over to this thread. credit goes to ATS member tsrk30 for finding the video on another source.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Well, it may just be me but IMO a UFO should be confirmed to at least fit the basic idea of the concept: its flying.

This video only shows an unfocused light at very low fps. It can be anything.

On a 1-10 scale of a possible videofilmed UFO, I'd say its a 0.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Is this the one the school girl saw and taped and got her dad to chase it in the car while she filmed?

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
This report shows a typical defocussed point of light displaying atmospheric scintillation. Considering the time and datestamp on the movie, I'd say this is probably Sirius. A check with Stellarium will immediately confirm that probability. Throughout the early part of the year, Sirius is blazing away in the evening skies of the Northern hemisphere. Displaying all the colors of the rainbow, Sirius must be the most photographed object in the night sky after the Moon. When video'd using cheap cameras, the star is rarely focussed properly, so presents as a large, almost transparent coloured disc. It is often interpretted as a UFO.

Sirius is especially notable as a source of those multi-colored light chains, typified by the so-called Stephenville Lights of a few months ago. Cheap video cameras running with the various shutter routines now available can produce some weird pictures which can be easily misinterpretted by those unfamiliar with optics and astronomical phenomena. So, some while ago I decided to put my money where my mouth is and produce some videos demonstrating various effects of Sirius through a large operture camera lens.

I video'd Sirius through a large telescope fitted with a CCD camera. The scope was solidly mounted, so all I had to do was track the star's path to keep it near center frame. There's a photo of my 'scope lower down.

To demo the flashing light shapes as seen at Stephenville, I had to create camera shake. With a 10" Meade, that's more difficult than you may think. It needs just enough vibration to jiggle the image without losing it from the frame completely. I managed to get a reasonble jiggle by punching the mounting with my fist. This caused a figure 8 type of vibration, which translates to the image. With a hand held camera, the jiggles are very much more random of course.

To complete the experiment, I repeatedly defocussed the star's image to create the so-called Airy Ring pattern (which it's not, but no matter). This ring is analogus to hundreds of 'donut' type UFOs seen on YouTube.
These are especially relevant to the giant 'alien ships' proposed by David Sereda in the well known NASA STS-75 Tether Incident.

The Telescope

Sirius tracked normally

Sirius with camera jiggle

Defocussed star images

WG3

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by waveguide3
This report shows a typical defocussed point of light displaying atmospheric scintillation. Considering the time and datestamp on the movie, I'd say this is probably Sirius. A check with Stellarium will immediately confirm that probability. Throughout the early part of the year, Sirius is blazing away in the evening skies of the Northern hemisphere. Displaying all the colors of the rainbow, Sirius must be the most photographed object in the night sky after the Moon. When video'd using cheap cameras, the star is rarely focussed properly, so presents as a large, almost transparent coloured disc. It is often interpretted as a UFO.

Sirius is especially notable as a source of those multi-colored light chains, typified by the so-called Stephenville Lights of a few months ago. Cheap video cameras running with the various shutter routines now available can produce some weird pictures which can be easily misinterpretted by those unfamiliar with optics and astronomical phenomena. So, some while ago I decided to put my money where my mouth is and produce some videos demonstrating various effects of Sirius through a large operture camera lens.

I video'd Sirius through a large telescope fitted with a CCD camera. The scope was solidly mounted, so all I had to do was track the star's path to keep it near center frame. There's a photo of my 'scope lower down.

To demo the flashing light shapes as seen at Stephenville, I had to create camera shake. With a 10" Meade, that's more difficult than you may think. It needs just enough vibration to jiggle the image without losing it from the frame completely. I managed to get a reasonble jiggle by punching the mounting with my fist. This caused a figure 8 type of vibration, which translates to the image. With a hand held camera, the jiggles are very much more random of course.

To complete the experiment, I repeatedly defocussed the star's image to create the so-called Airy Ring pattern (which it's not, but no matter). This ring is analogus to hundreds of 'donut' type UFOs seen on YouTube.
These are especially relevant to the giant 'alien ships' proposed by David Sereda in the well known NASA STS-75 Tether Incident.

The Telescope

Sirius tracked normally

Sirius with camera jiggle

Defocussed star images

WG3

Sorry, but i don't see the relevance of showing what a , fairly powerful, telescope shows as opposed to a cheap lens on a video camera. Science is about repeating experiments to draw a conclusion. Not changing the apparatus used, to fit a personal theory..

Whilst i might agree with you that Sirius is indeed mistaken by the uneducated for something unusual , the idea that someone chased it in a car as it set, is, frankly, ridiculous.

For my own part, i could equally point out how, in keeping with many nights in Britain, the sky has the palour of a typical cloudy night in this country with the reflection of street lights from a sizable urban area perfectly in keeping with the general colour of the film's background. That would suggest that it was not a star at all, as the sky was obscured. I might well be wrong on this, but it is another distinct possibility..

As other have stated , in the end , all we have a blurred image of a bright object. To that end it is of little use in many ways. However, if the sky was overcast, the fact that it appears in front and therefore below the cloud base, does make it of some intrinsic interest.

top topics

join