It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What have you done since joining ATS ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I haven't been on here for too long but I'm kind of amazed how life has changed over the last few months even.

Things that I have done because of ATS

Bought my first handgun. I pickup my new .45 tomorrow ( shot lots before)

I ordered some heirloom seeds to be ready just in case.

I read a survival book

I have learned tons about the financial markets and often people are amazed at when I know stuff before it hits the MSM - yay for the up to the minute market thread

I renewed my interest in geology thanks to the Yellowstone thread.

I can laugh when somebody jokes about blossom goodchild

My wife is finally starting to realize some of the things I have said for years are not just thought up by me
. She has even started to stock up some supplies

I could go on but figured that's a good starter list. What things have you done or changed about you since joining? Besides being obsessed with checking this site of course.

[edit on 20-3-2009 by whoshotJR]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
"What have you done since joining ATS ?"

Nothing different really. I am the same person in real life before I joined ATS and up till now. Although I do lurk around this site for far too much time these days. My knowledge has no doubt increased as a result of some of the great reading here. But again, my behavior has not changed even the slightest in real life.. strange.. I know.

Peace

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Hi, whoshotJR and all future readers.

Hmmmm. What have we done, because or our readings ?

What did we read, about the ** Year 2000 bug ** ????
What did happen ?????

EDIT: I was a little rough in my first questions/answers. B-)
[ But I will let it there, for all to think about it.]

I have differences, too. I learned:
1 = Not to trust main stream media. They are owned by wrong people,
and because of that, censored.
2 = We create our own reality, to a point.
3 = If we think positive, positive things will happen.
Sooooooo, DON'T do the opposite !
4 = When you learn about the "elites", you connect MANY dots.
5 = I learned to watch the sky.
6 = I learned about 9/11. WTC-7 convinced me.
7 = and I am learning every days. . . B-)

Soooo, Thanks, OP, for your question, it makes us do
some kind of a general reflection on our new ideas !

Blue skies.

[edit on 2009/3/21 by C-JEAN]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Since finding ATS, I've been reading the news on the internet on a daily basis, and I watch the news on television as well. I keep abreast of current events.

For much of my life, I had no idea what was going on in the world because I hated watching/reading the news. Everything I learned was so depressing, and I felt there were much more positive things I could do with my time.

I rarely voted. I didn't care what kind of laws were being passed in my state and in the country. I was busy with college, working, playing tennis, spending time with my honey, and enjoying my hobbies. I still am busy with all those things, but now I take the time to know what's happening in the world, and I've actually signed a few petitions and contacted my state representatives about issues.

My husband and I have focused on making sure we're as prepared as we can be in case we find ourselves in an emergency situation, so yeah...we've stocked up on food, water, wood, heirloom seeds, and we have items we need in case we find ourselves without electricity.

I can't say that "waking up" has been a wonderful experience for me. Honestly, when I realized what was happening in the world I cried. I had no idea how bad things were, and I realized that life is probably gonna get a whole lot harder.

When I realized how our constitutional rights were being stripped away, I was shocked that it could happen. Of course, if the world is filled with people like me who don't care away local, state, and national legislation and don't care about what's happening in the world, well...that gives opportunities to those who have an interest in stripping away our rights for their own gain.

I keep telling myself I'm gonna stop coming here to read because I would rather spend my time doing things I find much more enjoyable. But, this place is like a magnet and I get pulled back.

I guess once we're awake it's too late to go back. There's a strong need to know what's happening and what, if anything, I might be able to do to make some kind of influence for the world to be a better place.

Why is that feeling so strong though that nothing I do matters? Perhaps it has something to do with our state representative voting for the bailout bill despite me and the majority of people contacting him to say we're against it. We, as a group, voicing our opinions to him just didn't matter. I wish our voices counted, but I'm not so sure anything I do really matters at all anymore. I hope I'm wrong about that though.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by cornblossom

Wow you summed up many feelings I have been having over the past year. I have always been skeptic of things and looked for deeper meaning and such but I feel like the curtain has been pulled back as of late.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I purchased 1,500 shares of Reynolds American Inc.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

Are you making money off it so far? If there was a company that the devil funded that would be one of them I think.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

I did buy some books by Graham Hancock. I also have numerous new sites that I check out.

I have always had a stock of canned goods, and think that is always wise. I also have fresh water in containers. After a power outage, I decided to get a couple hand charge flashlights, although I still use candles when the outages happen (I like the feel of candles at night, but they aren't safe when you go to bed).

I do not plan on getting a gun, although my brother got my father's collection and I could always get one from him.

I mainly have fun on this site, and I take the conspiracies a lot more serious with the recent releases of the Bush Memos on taking away the First and Fourth Amendments. The recent story on the assassination squads did not help any.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I have learned to believe none of what I hear...
half of what I see...
and that there are far more crazy people in the world than I ever imagined.
I have also learned that no matter how original you think your thoughts and theories may be..they aren't. You just may be the first person you know of to voice them.
I have also learned that there are a lot of bridges missing trolls in the world.

As for what I have done...
I came out of a very deep hole and gained courage, confidence, friendships and new love.
Also rediscovered my passion for writing.

top topics

join