It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texting isn't that bad!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I've seen a lot of people say that people who say that people who like to text are crazy and therefore texting is terrible and a disease. I used to be in this camp myself before I got a cellphone that was text-compatible and email compatible. I have a lot of people who I can IM so I like imming people whenever I feel the need to. It's great. These new cellphone features are awesome. I can IM people whenever I want to without the need for an internet connection!! Plus I have unlimited texting so I can do it however many times I feel like ! And, I can check my emails whenever I want too, as I have access to emails so I am now getting news alerts from stratfor straight to my cellphone so I couldn't be happier. Texting isn't that bad! Now, I admit that there are people who do texting irresponsibly, and, who are addicted to it (they can't put their phone down) but IT DOES COME IN HANDY. It's just one more way to communicate. Why must so many people bash it? If you hate your son or daughter using so many texts just get them unlimited texting and then they'll be happy. It's NOT THAT HARD. Sheesh people. Way to overreact to a new technology.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

It's just one more way to communicate. Why must so many people bash it? If you hate your son or daughter using so many texts just get them unlimited texting and then they'll be happy.

For many, it's a question of manners.

I go by a simple rule. People in person take precedence over people on the phone, except in an emergency situation. Texting when conversing with someone, or at the dinner table, etc. is just plain rude and bad manners. Same with Bluetooth (dastardly invention)...

If someone calls or texts me, while I'm speaking with someone in person...the person in front of me will have my attention before I answer the call or text, and even then, it will only be after the conversation is concluded unless an emergency.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I hate texts, there, I said it.

Just bloody ring them up if youy want to talk to someone!!! Ooh it don't half make me all gggrrry. People spend 10 minutes, texting back and forth, with what could be sorted out in a 5 second conversation!! It's amomey making scam (unless you get free texts)

Only time I ever use texts, is when I want to talk about something illegal, using codes. Other than that, it's utterly pointless. (IMO)

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

People would get upset when I would not answer the phone while driving! I do not talk on the phone when driving, and will shut it off unless I want to call someone or a taxi.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
There is a time and place for texting. As Gazrok said, at the dinner table, is not appropriate. I don't do it when I'm at my parents, or sitting at anyone elses' table.

However, I have to admit, I am guilty when out with the girlfriends for dinner and drinks as all of them are doing it too - I think among my circle of friends, it has become acceptable to do text and talk at the same time.

The convenience of texting - is that I can do it at any time, to anyone, who is anywhere. I have friends who are international - do you know how much it would cost me to call them every time I wanted to talk to them? Texting, for the 5$ a month that I pay for unlimited, works better in that case. There are people I text everyday who are international, it's simply more cost efficient.

- Carrot

[edit on 3/23/2009 by CA_Orot]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Text messaging is about the same as using instant messengers, except portable. I do it sometimes, because it's a lot quicker than calling someone and having it possibly ring at inappropriate times.

-Will

top topics

join