It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi's Pledge Oil To Bush Re-election Or Not ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   
It seems we have a contradiction to Hoaks ATSNN Article...

According to the Sydney Morning Herald

Saudi Arabia's ambassador to the US, Prince Bandar bin Sultan, has promised President George Bush the Saudis will cut oil prices before November to ensure the US economy is strong on election day, the journalist Bob Woodward says.

HERES WHAT CNN SAY

The Bush administration did say it has received assurances from Saudi Arabia that oil prices will stay in the range of $22 to $28 per barrel, but said the recent discussions have nothing to do with presidential politics.

Hmmm who to believe... i'd go with CNN as it is the US news source... but interested contradiction...

[Edited on 23-4-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 02:18 AM
link   
It's the same story. Hoaks is just using a little creative spin to make the denial of the story, the story. For reasons know only unto him..

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   
you sure kegs? i read them both and i got the impression that CNN were saying Saudi would keep oil prices even and that they dont use oil for politics...

The sydney paper said that saudi would decrease oil prices around election to help bush out...

oh well i just found it quirky (i love that word)

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
_

Bandar has stated that they always support the incumbent, because it promotes stability. Makes perfect sense to me.

He also stated that the desire for stable oil prices around election time is normal, and is nothing new. This also makes perfect sense.

He also stated that nearly every president makes his wishes for stable oil prices known; he cites Carter and Clinton asking for SA's consideration. This is not at all surprising, and very much like a simple case of human nature.

There is nothing here, no conspiracy, no secret deals.
__

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Personally, whats the problem even if this is true?
What, Bush can't do it but Clinton could?
Prince Bandar: Clinton Sought Secret Oil-Election Deal

Saudi ambassador to the U.S. Prince Bandar bin Sultan said Monday that ex-President Clinton sought a secret deal to keep oil prices low before the 2000 election, explaining that the request was nothing unusual.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
ATSNN.com Reporter

Location Virginia

Mood: Vaulted
Member is on ATS now.

ATS Points: 95863

posted on 23-4-2004 at 02:30 PM Post Number: 492835 �quotePersonally, whats the problem even if this is true?
What, Bush can't do it but Clinton could?

The problem is, When a president is co-operating with the others its different.

When a president is in cahoots with the others its different.

GOT THAT.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
When the end result is the same, i.e., stable or lower oil prices, what difference does it make?

_

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   

ROFLMAO....
Ashlar:

The problem is, When a president is co-operating with the others its different.

When a president is in cahoots with the others its different.

GOT THAT.

Umm no, I don't "GOT THAT"!

You got to be kidding me. Where talking freakin' Clinton and your using the word "cooperating" versus "cahoots"?
Good gracious...you have got to be kiddin' me!
There is no difference there Ashlar, and that you can definitely take to the bank....did you GET THAT?.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
When the U.S. government is making deals and doing favors, conducting business etc., I call that co-operating. That is what you do in a business and the U.S. is a business.

When the U.S. government allows the blame to fall on the Saudis, flys their people into safety, does nothing to punish the supposed guilty party, cuts deals to lower oil prices "temporarily" near the election, blacks out paperwork related to their business dealings, o.k.'s the middle east invasion with another foreign body before its own government,etc,etc,etc, I call that cahoots.

new topics

top topics

join