It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News belittles Canadian Military

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by marketslave

Dude. It's Fox. The home of O'Reilly. Chill out...

Most Americans that have two brain cells to rub together don't take anything that comes from Fox as real news... And the few that do believe the garbage that Fox spews, so?

Why does it matter that a few morons believe in stereotypes of Canada? I personally find it hilarious that some Americans might believe we live in igloos and our national security is comprised of mounties on horsebacks.

Let them wallow in their stupidness.

[edit on 3/21/2009 by ben420]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Come on.. there's a time for joking, and there's a time to be serious. Igloo, Hockey jokes are fine, but do not poke fun at your allies who are helping your @ss in afghanistan. I'm sick and tired of stuck up americans whom think their military supremacy will save them. Remember the USSR? They had a strong military at one point. Rome is burning my friend. Your country is filled with blood-sucking consumers whom couldn't find their way out of their local shopping mall. Your trillions in debt, and NOTHING can save you.

How hypocrite of you. From one side you blast FOX, from the other you blast americans. Just like FOX youre spitting hate. Oh and as you can see, Im canadian.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by marketslave
Comedy? COMEDY?? Canadians are DYING in Afghanistan. This is NOT the same thing, and is certainly not appropriate to make fun of. How would you like comedians to comment on 9/11? Big joke eh? Maybe, we should start making fun of your californian buddies living in tents?

Enjoy your freedoms while they last! (Just as a tip, consider picking up Mandarin for Dummies, and the benefits of Marxism)

I already told you that there were no references to casualties and no one is being insensitive about soldiers dying. There, now I've said it twice for you.

You played the "dead soldiers" card as justification for your reaction, which is nothing more than your false pride and false self image being hurt. I think that is more offensive than the comedic program was.

I stand by what I said.

Your over reaction is what's divisive. If you don't comprehend what I said, and if you read more into it than what I said, that's a problem with your perceptual screen.

[edit on 21/3/09 by John Matrix]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix
I already told you that there were no references to casualties and no one is being insensitive about soldiers dying. There, now I've said it twice for you.
[edit on 21/3/09 by John Matrix]

Maybe that's exactly it. Sure, they aren't mocking our soldiers' deaths, but in all honesty, they are mocking the very situation where people have lost their lives for your cause. I don't care if they are not making light of sacrifices, they are making light of the situation in which the sacrifices are given.
Do you hear us mocking 9/11 by making funny jokes about how your skyscrapers seem to attract large airliners? I didn't think so. I would find such a joke rather inappropriate even though I made no mention of the casualties that are invloved in such a situation.
Do you get it or no?

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I don't see the logic in your use of 911 as an example.

The mocking of past US presidents would be a good example....OOPSY!! Canadians do that, so you can't use that one as an example of something US citizens don't see you doing.

People are so wound up these days they will look to the stupidest things to uncoil over. People will look for anything and anyone to vent their animosities and hostilities on. All it takes is one person with a negative response and presto, the masses jump on the band wagon.

Seriously folks, If you take that stuff seriously, then seek help immediately.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The reason why the United States is able to wage wars based on lies and propaganda is because of this type of closed minded, moronic and ignorant garbage. If these lowlifes are so up in arms about Canada's roll in this phony War on Terror, why don't they volunteer and sacrifice their lives for their American cause? If you're so gun-ho about a war, should you not volunteer, instead of sitting there with your head up your rear end and criticizing people who risk their lives for an American song and dance?

Fortunately for most Canadians and Americans, these misinformed, brainwashed and braindead windbags do not represent the majority. They only represent the lowest of the low in society.

[edit on 21-3-2009 by SphinxMontreal]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I'm an American whom moved to the country of Canada to get away for the propaganda of the American media and dictating government. What I enjoy about Canadians; most knew before the majority of American people knew.. how corrupt our government was and how they stick their noses in every countries business like the big bully they truly are. Canada doesnt fund a huge military because its a very peaceful nation that dont enjoy warmongering and creating false flags to get the people to support petty wars. I love my American countrymen but I'm against everything the government stands for. I've been living in Canada for almost ten years now and despite the freezing weather, the people are so much more friendly and against war that it makes it worth living here. I know that soon Canada will be involved with everything the Americans do because the central bank gets around and swallows everything in its path.

Fox makes me sick and shows they are very uneducated and full of BS.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Hey you guys and gals in America sure have a sick sense of humor. Jokes about invading your allies? whats that?. According to the people in this clip we should all aspire to be the bullies in the playground. It's the only responsible thing to do.
Well I say bull * . Canada is a nation that is respected world wide not for our military might but because we aspire to be a good role model, not an elitist crusader.
Sorry.... some countries are responsible enough not to enslave their future generations to be the shock troops for the NWO.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
Fortunately for most Canadians and Americans, these misinformed, brainwashed and braindead windbags do not represent the majority. They only represent the lowest of the low in society.

Ahh, Sir...sir! I think it's called entertainment. Meanining: it's not to be taken seriously.

In a free country there is bound to be entertainment that someone is going to find offensive. But instead of lashing out like this, perhaps some introspection (self analysis to discover why this bothers you so much) might do you some good.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
This guy is a joke. The show is a joke.

Quote "Most of Europe rely on America" Canada is part of the Commonwealth not Europe.. also the statement is completely insane.

For starters the war in Afghanistan was kicked off by America so its the U.S relying on its neighbour and other countries for assistance not the other way around and without that assistance I think the U.S would be screwed, even the new President has stated in the run up to the elections that the U.S Military are completely over stretched.

I can see why Canadians would be offended by this so I will not take that away from them by saying it was just humour because its not funny to belittle other people another poor show from FOX that should not be aired.

They really are crawling in the gutter.

Star and flag for you

But for FOX

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I was actually getting angry watching that. I suprised Fox let that air.

I'am a Navy vet (being 26 weird saying i'm a vet lol) and I can say that, granted we dont have the military that other countrys do and don't have the equipment needed to fight a war however we do have the people that are willing to help any country out if its needed.

Remarks in that video were uncalled for and just plain dumb. We have never ONCE gone on air to make fun of the US and what is happening. People are dying for this, Canadians, Americans and innocent people. This is not the time to be joking around about a country who has lost countless men and women to the war.

I think that host should enlist in the military, might change his tune a little bit. I vote public apology

Greetings from Canada

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seany

I saw this last night and as I Canadian it did bother me a bit

We do have a large country mass , but pop. wise , there are

less people in Can than in California

We don't have a large Armed Forces for we are not a Warring Nation

Canada's role on the Global Scene is that of peace keeping

We only get involved in wars when our "friends to the south" ask us

And the people of Canada feel its a just war

This foray into Iraq, the Canadain people said no,

GUESS WHAT our Gov listened. ..

Maybe there's more to us than meets the eye

Fellow canucks

these people in the vid, sit around doin armpit fart sounds ,
time to chill

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Chilling out about remarks like that is a little hard to do. I think I can speak for SOME fella Canadians, that just didn't sit well

link   
I'm an American and I'll give you my 2 cents on it.

To me it really doesn't matter what level you are talking about. A friend down the street on a personal level. A company that your company has a good trading relationship with. A country that is a friend and ally to your country on an international level.

In most any context it is just wrong and dumb to openly mock friends and allies in my opinion.

link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
I worked with a retired Master Sargent that served in Afghanistan, he told me that the Americans and Canadians were the only ones of any of the NATO troops stationed there that would go into combat trouble zones and get into firefights.

Really? How did the 150+ British troops die in Afghanistan then? Choking on sandwiches in the canteen?

Canada has the highest causality count since the Korean war and of any other country less America.

Considering not all countries have taken part in the same conflicts, it's difficult to say what your claim actually means. However, according to this, since 2001 it seems that Britain has the biggest casualty count after America.

Anyway, I'm not convinced that some death count is really the measure of anything anyway.

This is Hot Air Ignorance & Arrogance at it's worst.

You said it.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Man, what's everyone getting bent out of shape over. Political satire. Everyone does it. Canada's Air Farce:

Lighten up people.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
YA! Let's spend the next decade watching comedians oppologize and retract their jokes because some people didn't find them funny and got offended.

Most of the ranting seems to be from FOX haters. Hmmm? What's that remote control for?

I'm curious. Does FOX use a disclaimer for the opinions expressed on the program?

Some people need disclaimers to tell them when a show is to be taken as entertainment, and not to take the opinions expressed seriously.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Thank you for providing that video illustration which caps what I've been saying. People need to lighten up.

It should go without saying that the majority of Americans and Canadians appreciate each other and have some mutual respect. But I felt I had to say it anyway.

Star for ya.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
i say dont let these priks bother you. I am a proud American, and proud to have Canada as our neighbor. these guys on the "red eye" are just idiots. Canada ROCKS!
you guys dont need a big army, because you dont piss the rest of the world off, with "regime changes" and forced democracy. I say "fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity". love you guys-

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

There are two glaring differences between the air farce and fox. The first would be talent. The second is a sense of humor.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join