It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News belittles Canadian Military

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
People like that are what's wrong with the world, we need to stop dividing ourselves, American Canadian, Christian Muslim, Autobot Decepticon, i mean enough is enough, we're all human. And the reason the Canadian military is pulling out is because they've realized there's no hope there. And no offense to the Americans, but that idiot that was going on about how the US is the most powerful country in the universe, it might have been, but it isn't anymore.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The Fox people are just plain stupid and largely offensive imo.

I love Canada! The first thing that everyone notices when crossing the border is the immediate cleanliness of the area. If anyone has gone to Niagara Falls you know exactly what I mean.

What I am glad about is the people in the world are smart enough not to allow this sort of stupidity to affect their opinions of others. Thinking these imbeciles represent the people of the US is as dumb as the US thinking what they say about our Canadian neighbors is true.

Division is not the way and the media seems to be pushing and pushing division.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Aw now this sucks. Thats the guy who did the video of smoking marijuana for 30days, which I enjoyed. Now he's bashing my country. Not cool.

I like the part how they explain exactly why we're withdrawing or 'taking a breather'-- and our path of action is not out of the ordinary for the current situation, but even while knowing this they they keep going on and bashing us on any little thing they can think of.

The way they handled this was pathetic.
You will never hear a bad word come out of a true Canadian speaking on the American military. We're allies, you just don't say # like that.

[edit on 21-3-2009 by MurrayTORONTO]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Fox news sucks, its less than dirt, dirt has a higher function than fox news. Fox is worthless respun crap by fascist nazi whores. losers im glad im not you fox news, douchbags, what a joke they are.

Hows it feel fox, oh wait you dont care because you have no soul..

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
That is the gayest show I have ever seen. CANADA ROCKS!!!!

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I just want you to know that My brother and I appreciate the Canadian military. My older brother is in the army now. So to me it does not matter what any ones says. They have gone over to help and this treatment is poor. They all should be honored. You have me in Harrisonville MO saying thank you for your support.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
wow that was some of the worst trash I've ever seen in my entire life. Pure stereotyping, slandering, childish/immature/puerile jokes...worse than 5th grade level juvenile imbecility..disgusting.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
apologies on behalf of american rednecks. Canada rocks, keep seinding that BC good stuff, keep your independence (NAU related) and come visit Philadelphia if you want. Fox news is a joke (xcept maybe Beck). Seriously, take Colbert more seriously then them.

One reason y Canadian Military is smaller is because they don't go around starting wars when they are fired up on Kentucky Grandad. Love you guys. Are your chicks hot up there?

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I like the red eye show, but I didn't really care for this segment, On another note.. Did anybody notice how extremely large that one guys ears were? I mean big. I couldn't stop looking, those things were huge.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Don't fall for it, if I wanted the masses upset, angry, frustrated what would I do if I were in control of the media?

Divide and Conquer.

The powers that be are losing control, so they are stirring the masses as much as they can.

Read between the lines and stop reacting to every news article.

reply to post by For(Home)Country

[edit on 21-3-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
They don't talk about the Canadian sniper teams in Afghanistan that American Generals praised and asked for more shortly after 9/11 do they?

I worked with a retired Master Sargent that served in Afghanistan, he told me that the Americans and Canadians were the only ones of any of the NATO troops stationed there that would go into combat trouble zones and get into firefights.

He gave the example of the Germans stationed there, but they stay in the safest part of the country, and won't come out to fight.
Canada has the highest causality count since the Korean war and of any other country less America.

This is Hot Air Ignorance & Arrogance at it's worst.

[edit on 21-3-2009 by Blue_Jay33]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Absolutely true I have seen actually footage of the snipers and many more canadian military doing their jobs.

Don't fall for the propaganda to divide the masses.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by For(Home)Country

Grow a set...

Americans are ridiculed by the minute.

Thank you for helping protect the world but...really, this upsets you?

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
"This is not a smart culture" Oh i see our high crime rate shows we're vastly ahead of the Canadians intelligence. What was that, when is this show on? Must be very very early in the morning, because I'm sure no one who is smart enough to change the channel wouldn't have done so as soon as they heard the "news casters" trying to bring comedy to fox.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
it might be a satirical show and they may be joking, but it still affects the real opinions of the idiots who are listening to them.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I realize a lot of people are saying we shouldn't get upset over this, and that it's just a lame show, PLUS it's only Fox. Don't get me wrong, I really could care less about the opinions fox has. I've even watched a documentary on how bias and twisted Fox is, and how they are Murdoch's little puppets. However, I was really surprised to find that this would even make it to television on a news network, even if it only airs at 4 in the morning. Yes, I know, I shouldn't be so offended by such a meagre show, but in truth, unless you were watching Rick Mercer up here, you wouldn't find anything of that nature.

I know you American's get mocked, and we're sorry, but when someone takes cliche's such as our police mounted on horses as our main security, and makes it sound like fact, I can't help but bring it up.

By the way, I don't watch Fox, I just found this as a top story on Digg recently.
I don't know which is worse, watching Fox or going on Digg?

[edit on 103131p://666 by For(Home)Country]

[edit on 103131p://666 by For(Home)Country]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Lighten up. It's called comedy folks. I've seen plenty of Canadian comedians use Americans as hockey pucks for their slap stick routines.

Don't Canadians still live in igloos, walk around wearing snow shoes 8 months of the year, and love attempting to out run avalanches on their snowmobiles.

When national pride makes you this sensitive perhaps your image of your country is amply over inflated, and your self image is built on easily shaken ground.

Also, there were no references to military casualties, so I do not see these people as being insensitive.

IMHO: You are reading too much into this if you take it personally.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by vonholland
Are your chicks hot up there?

Uh, dude... hell yeah. The hottest. Though I may or may not have a slight bias.

On are more topic related note; ridiculous! I couldn't even finish watching that garbage.

I just hope that, even though it's on at 2am, those Americans watching don't take ONE SINGLE BIT of that disgusting excuse for 'programming' to heart.

Canadians don't need to fight; we got that grade-A BC hydrizzle.

LOVE. RESPECT. PEACE. INTEGRITY. CANADA.

[edit on 21-3-2009 by Coup_Detat_Cam]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix
Lighten up. It's called comedy folks. I've seen plenty of Canadian comedians use Americans as hockey pucks for their slap stick routines.

Don't Canadians still live in igloos, walk around wearing snow shoes 8 months of the year, and love attempting to out run avalanches on their snowmobiles.

When national pride makes you this sensitive perhaps your image of your country is amply over inflated, and your self image is built on easily shaken ground.

Also, there were no references to military casualties, so I do not see these people as being insensitive.

IMHO: You are reading too much into this if you take it personally.

Comedy? COMEDY?? Canadians are DYING in Afghanistan. This is NOT the same thing, and is certainly not appropriate to make fun of. How would you like comedians to comment on 9/11? Big joke eh? Maybe, we should start making fun of your californian buddies living in tents?

Come on.. there's a time for joking, and there's a time to be serious. Igloo, Hockey jokes are fine, but do not poke fun at your allies who are helping your @ss in afghanistan. I'm sick and tired of stuck up americans whom think their military supremacy will save them. Remember the USSR? They had a strong military at one point. Rome is burning my friend. Your country is filled with blood-sucking consumers whom couldn't find their way out of their local shopping mall. Your trillions in debt, and NOTHING can save you.

Enjoy your freedoms while they last! (Just as a tip, consider picking up Mandarin for Dummies, and the benefits of Marxism)

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

The differnce being that the Candian military has been giving their people and their lives, and their resources, for no benefit to them.to help us in Iraq. Obama made a joke about bowling.

Hardly a comparison.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join