It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News belittles Canadian Military

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
After losing 116 of our soldiers in support of the United State's plan to "secure" the middle east in Afghanistan, it is not enough for conservative network Fox to ignore our sacrifice, but to go ahead and make mockery of what is not only the lost lives of those who we loved, but our entire military and eventually our entire country. Take a look at this clip from the show "Red Eye" on Fox.

Seeing this makes me sick. In no way would CBC or any other news network in Canada in any way try and put down the American military in such a profound and blatantly immature way. You have made large sacrifices and so have we, many countries have. To go ahead and laugh, tell us we're stupid, come up and use standard cliche's about our country as if they were fact makes me glad I am not one of them. I really hope that the majority of American's do not see their fellow ally as this. We may not be a super power, but we do have a large defence budget. I would suggest Fox does some research on some actual accomplishments our Forces have done.

Is it just me, or is this kind of slander seem...unnecessary?

A little bird told me we have JTF2 teams moving in on Mr. Murdoch's location right about now.

[edit on 103131p://555 by For(Home)Country]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
not only am i shocked but outraged at the same time .. i am stunned at the stupid comments how can there be peace when people like that open there yaps and talk garbage .. there might be a reason canada doesnt have a big army .. thats cause there happy with what they have and dont have to go and invade country after country where is the puke icon?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Have you guys watched the Red Eye?

I like Fox news, but I caught this show one morning about 2a.m. and I have to admit, these guys are idiots. It's pretty much a bad Comedy Central news station on Fox News.

I didn't even hear any news on it.

If you take these guys seriously then you are grasping for Fox News is bad material.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
This little prik reminds me of Ann Coulter and Tucker Carlson both of whom got a huge kick out of belittling Canada time after time. It was an obvious smear campaign that happened when we did not bend over for Bush and his girlfriend Dick Cheney when they said "Either you're with us, or you're with the terrorists".

Here are Coulter and Carlson in action. I wonder how many points they think they got for this grade 6 tirade, from the citizens of the USA?:

www.youtube.com...

It just makes ya wanna go down there and kick some heads in, doesn't it?

These people are the biggest babies in the world. This is how they behave when we don't kiss their butts on demand. Other people might kiss their asses but Canadians are just so damned tired of it... and they just can't stand it when we tell them to go F themselves.

God I hate these people with a passion. No wonder the USA and it's people are the most hated in the history of mankind.

These days though, in all honesty I feel really bad for the American people. I've come to realize that it isn't their fault that they've been misled all these years down the road to believing they're great. They've been led down a path to tyranny so masterfully, and none of us saw it coming. They (and we... every citizen of the planet) are all in very serious trouble now thanks to the dark manipulations for over 200 years now by that inbred Rothschild family. They own the Fed, all the major banks, the bank of England and it is said that they actually own half the wealth of the planet. But they want it all.

And in the process, they totally ruined the USA forever. We're all in for a nasty 10 years or so, but the people of Europe and USA and are in real, real bad trouble.

God bless them (and we) all.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Red Eye is crap.

There is a reason why it comes on at 2 in the morning.

I've seen it one time and it was the some of the worst programming i have ever seen.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
The "Red Eye" Show is NOT News, it is more of a Late Night Comedic/Political Type of Program. You can essentially equate it to a Politically Opposing Bill Maher type of Television Program.

I will say it is funny though the way in which they stated: "The Canadian Military Needs a Yearlong Break". I have no idea if this is taken in or out of context, but it does sound a bit ridiculous if you ask me.

I have been to Canada more than once myself, both to B.C. and just south of Montreal. I can say that I found the Canadians which I ran into, to be really cool folks.

Nothing against your MIL, especially in support of OEF, but place this Program into context, and remember how the United States and Canada are always ribbing eachother. I consider the joking to typically be in good nature however, and of course I, as a self-respecting American who appreciates our Allies, is truly grateful for the aide which you have provided to us.

I also know that if I am to ever find myself in trouble in the Arctic, I will definitely be grateful for a Canadian Coast Guard rescue.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

Well it's nice to have confirmation that the majority of American's are not like the close-minded people we see on this show. I too have met many American's, and they are generally good folk. However, it's the consumerist ideology that has turned American from a Democratic nation to a super-saturated capitalist consuming cycle that has distanced it's people from the morales and true world. Canada's military may not be a superpower, but it doesn't deserve to be put down.
And don't worry, I'm sure the Arctic coast guard would be happy to save you!

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Albertarocks

God I hate these people with a passion. No wonder the USA and it's people are the most hated in the history of mankind.

Yes, the United States is so hated. Maybe before tossing forth such spiteful, ignorant claims, you should take a look at Immigration Statistics.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I already knew fox news casters were stupid

I never knew they were that stupid

This brings fox to a new low
Nice work fox

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by For(Home)Country
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

Well it's nice to have confirmation that the majority of American's are not like the close-minded people we see on this show. I too have met many American's, and they are generally good folk. However, it's the consumerist ideology that has turned American from a Democratic nation to a super-saturated capitalist consuming cycle that has distanced it's people from the morales and true world. Canada's military may not be a superpower, but it doesn't deserve to be put down.
And don't worry, I'm sure the Arctic coast guard would be happy to save you!

I completely agree with the "Morals" and "True World" issues. All too often, I run into individuals who seem to have no idea of how to deal with International Influences, and Situations. It frustrates me when, someone such as myself with International Experiences and Understandings of other cultures, is left talking to a wall in my attempt to let others realize the way in which an International situation needs to be approached.

The Majority of my friends and close acquaintances are Immigrants from all over the world, including but not limited to: England, Ireland, France, Sudan (South and North), Ghana, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Morocco, Egypt, Jordan, Pakistan, Afghanistan, India, Bangladesh, etc. Through this, my Travels, and the knowledge I gained from the MIL aspect of my Family Members (Who have sailed and travelled the World Over), I believe I am fortunate to understand the "Bigger Picture", and the World as a Whole.

In regards to the Morals issue as well, I cannot say enough about that topic. The current Leadership in our Congress most certainly has a downright lack of such, if not an outright disdain for it.

Another thing too, when we complain about our Southern Border being breached by Smugglers, and Thugs, some of our Representatives and Activists groups Moan and Complain, responding: "That is racism, why don't you worry about closing the Canadian Border then as well?" Well, I have a simple answer for that, and it involves the fact that we simply do not seem to have Canadians bum rushing South in Masses, firing at our Border Patrol, and killing our Citizens. You have been an extremely good neighbor for as long as our two Nations have existed.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Wow! That was really sad. Those people on that Fox show should be hanging their heads in shame. It looks to me like they have a lot of growing up to do as well.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Sure, the President of the United States uses the Speacial Olympics as a comparison to his bowling game in jest and he gets a free pass.

A nonsense show that even Fox News fans say is a crap show says something in jest about Canada and everyone jumps on it as if they are a respected news show.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
It's a dumb show. Don't get your panties in a knot.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by For(Home)Country

Canadians are EVIL!!! They gave us Boris and Natasha

No most Americans don't agree with those sentiments, but what would you expect from FOX News here motto is "We Distort and Chide" isn't it?

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
Yes, the United States is so hated. Maybe before tossing forth such spiteful, ignorant claims, you should take a look at Immigration Statistics.

I thought - perhaps wrongly, but I remember seeing immigration statistics a few years ago that supported this - that the vast bulk of immigrants to America come from its land border neighbour, Mexico?

I suppose immigrants are immigrants, but at the same time, it does skew things a little.

Whilst I would go as far as saying Americans are the most hated people of all time like Albertarocks did earlier, I think there's some merit in the notion that Americans are the most disliked people at the moment.

Of course it partly unwarranted and unjustified as not all Americans reflect popular stereotypes, and not all Americans have supported the actions of their government over the last decade or so, or even the cultural imperialism that's existed post-WWII.

However, unfortunately for Americans generally, that's how these things work. British people (or rather when people get down to it, the English) still get blamed for things pertaining to an Empire that was in swing generations before they were born. Many Americans seem to be caught in some Live Action Role Play mentality where they're still enacting some 200-year-old conflict with the British. Why? Yet such discussions are peppered with terms like 'you' and 'us'. How does it relate to any British alive today?

The big difference here is that many Americans seem to have issues pertaining to what America has done in their own lifetimes. What's happening now.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
YA FOX really sucks

I think half of them should be strung up!

The worst thing is all of the weak minded people who watch fox and then bring it to ATS.
BOOOOOOOOOO!

FOX viewers are half way TBI

OH and sorry Canada - the show is the biggest joke next to BECK, ORIELY and HANNITY

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Don't take Red Eye as representative of Fox News or the views of the American people. As someone mentioned, there is a reason they are on at 2AM.

We're friends, neighbors, and allies. Let's keep it that way.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I saw this last night and as I Canadian it did bother me a bit

We do have a large country mass , but pop. wise , there are

less people in Can than in California

We don't have a large Armed Forces for we are not a Warring Nation

Canada's role on the Global Scene is that of peace keeping

We only get involved in wars when our "friends to the south" ask us

And the people of Canada feel its a just war

This foray into Iraq, the Canadain people said no,

GUESS WHAT our Gov listened. ..

Maybe there's more to us than meets the eye

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by For(Home)Country

Pffft who cares what a bunch of borderline retarded people employed by Fox news says?

I didn't even bother watching the vid, whats the point?

Instead of getting angered at their ignorance/arrogance, laugh at them, and maybe even feel a little bit of pity.

It must be hard for them to cope with life when they're that thick.

[edit on 3/21/2009 by ben420]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Isn't Tommy Chong Canadian? Oh well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join