It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

have you ever seen anyone you know on tv?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I sometimes watch reality shows. There are so many. And I am waiting to turn one on and see someone I know. The odds have to be decent. This could include COPS or the news.
ever randomly turn on the tv and see someone you know?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I have been on tv locally. My dad who is in television used to work for a small local station as a producer. He produced a tv show called Rosie O' Hen. it was like barney but instead of a big purple dinosaur this show had a big blue hen. I was one of the kids on that show for a few episodes.

I was also in a commercial for the telelvsion network it self. It showed one of the "employees" pulling a kite out of a tree for me using a cherry picker and me playing baseball.The network is not around anymore. It was called Telecable. It was bought out by TCI which was eventually Bought out by AT&T.

My dad now works for Wfaa Channel 8,(The local ABC affiliate for Dallas) as a producer/editor/fill-in cameraman. He knows several of the anchors and is good friends with one of the weather men.

So long story short, Yes I have seen some one I know on tv, ME!

[edit on 20-3-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Oh! Also I had some relatives from Pennsylvania play as contestants on the show "The Amazing Race season 2", But I have never met them. I merely know of them. They were the family of my Grandpa's brother(My great Uncle)

That may not count though because you asked if I had known anyone on tv and I didnt know them.

[edit on 20-3-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I too have seen "ME" on the TV. In 15 months I have been in 20 movies, both independant, student and feature and 4 TV shows as an extra/driver/standin/bit player. Also speaking parts in PSA's for our local cable access channel and a commercial for a local tire company. Albuquerque is now known as Tamalewood.

www.usanetwork.com...

www.tv.com...

www.amctv.com...

www.tv.com...

[edit on 20-3-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Some friends of mine were on "Amazing Race" - it was cool to watch them.

Another person I know - was on "Survivor" and won it - Tina - Australia - it has been a few years.

Otherwise, yes many times, I have seen people on t.v. I know - in commercials, movies etc. - including myself.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I have but only in the news. Guess I should get out more.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Gee, I must be in teh wrong circles.:w:

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I was watching a history channel show about the WWII fighter the P47 Thunderbolt, it was discussing it's use in the Pacific Theater, specifically on Saipan, it showed some old newsreel footage and loe and behold there was a much younger dad busily working on his plane... How cool was that?

Thank god for Tivo. I recorded it. It, most unfortunately, got deleted before I could show it to my dad.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Yep

My cousin in Australia was on "famer wants a wife" she won lol

also My sister here in the UK was on a reality program about letting her hubby look after the kids all on his own for a week and see how he coped,

I have done danced for TV ect, Varity shows ect also on the net i danced in there Where the hell is matt video on youtube lol

And umm my brother was in a beer advert lol

On and not forgetting our Very own stars! SPRINGER he was on TV
talking about UFO's on the Discovery Channel

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 21-3-2009 by asala]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
I was watching a history channel show about the WWII fighter the P47 Thunderbolt, it was discussing it's use in the Pacific Theater, specifically on Saipan, it showed some old newsreel footage and loe and behold there was a much younger dad busily working on his plane... How cool was that?

Thank god for Tivo. I recorded it. It, most unfortunately, got deleted before I could show it to my dad.

Perhaps you can find the show here......video.aol.com...

It would be a shame not to be able to show it to your dad.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Yes I've seen a few that I went to HS with appearances on Charlies Angel's ,plus I was on an episode in CHIPS,well me and car were ,plus another school friend had a production company,and my dad used to be on a variety show in 50's

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
My wife and I were on a reality show. TLC's "A Wedding Story"...(either episode 81 or 82, always forget..."Wendy and Chris")....
Our little 15 min of fame. We've only been recognized from it a couple of times, which was surprising even then....

We had a medieval wedding in a castle here in FL.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I just got back from 4 days in Sydney, doing the whole tourist thing.

We (My parents and I) stopped by the Channel 7 studio where they film the popular breakfast show Sunrise.

We were looking through the glass watching them film when the 2 hosts, David Koch and Natalie Bar came outside and got ready to film a segment. They grabbed 4 people from the crowd to stand with them and myself and my dad were 2 who were picked.

So we got on national television
Was awesome. That was yesterday morning.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I've been in the background on the news a few times. I remember I saw my mother on the news once getting interviewed. I saw a reporter interviewing my neighbor on the news a few years ago. I had a Calculus II class with a meteorologist on the local news channel. He wasn't on the news when he was in our class. It was too close to the noon lunch hour. I remember one of my friends in college appeared on the news one night, (getting interviewed about a story). I was interviewed for a story in the local college newspaper once but that didn't show up on the news. Fortunately I missed being in the news when my college or rather university had food poisoning. They interviewed one student after saying there was some bad meat and were wondering why so many were sick and hospitalized. Over 75 in the hospital and over 400 sick. The student said about the bad meat "well it looked awful, it smelled awful, and it tasted awful but we ate it anyway because that was normal." Normal cafeteria food that was all you could stomach, I mean eat. Oh, I had a boss whose wife was the District Attorney on Matlock. Never did watch that show enough to actually spot her on the show.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Three people I know have been on The Real World. Two were cast members (different seasons) and one was a guest of a cast member.

Also I know a couple people who have been on GGW.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Well she isnt so much that famous but Ive talked to ICE from Flavor of Love and I Love Money. She works at a radio station here in Detroit and I often see her at the clubs.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
When I lived in West Hollywood California I would see about half the people I would routinely see in the supermarkets and restaurants on TV.

A good number of my clients over the year have appeared on the local and national news.

Some of them have been on C-Span.

I have been interviewed as a random passer by on a couple local news segments over the years.

My favorite though of all time was having Jack Cafferty on CNN plagerize an entire email I had written in response to a question about Jimmy Carter who had just finished appearing on the Situation Room with him and Wolfe Blitzer minutes before. It was a scathing indictment of his Presidency that was not at all in line with the favorable treatment they had afforded him on the build up to their interview of him and during his interview. They had kind of made him such a hero I got the impression I had so shamed Jack into stating my comments as if they had been his very own. I kind of surmized that from the fact that Wolfe Blitzer was stunned by what had been an unexpected and impromptu unscripted by the editors editorial that was so unkind, and the fact that Jack couldn't seem to look the TV Camera in the eye like he was afraid I could see through the TV screen at him as he used my exact verbage line for line.

That was priceless.

new topics

top topics

join