It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lights in the sky - why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Ok I have a question that I would love to see thoughts and opinions on. I am a firm believer in extraterrestrials, and I pity the smart folks out there that seem to deny that they cant possibly be visting us in space craft, based on our own knowledge of physics. I have never seen a whale in real life, yet I believe they exisit, even though I dont understand really how they can breathe underwater...

Rant over, my question is this:

Assuming aliens are NOT trying to attract our attention, and clearly have no intention to land in central park on a sunny saturday afternoon...

....why would such stealthy, 'we aint gonna get shot up by no F16' aircraft, have bright flashy colored lights on them?

Was Douglas Adams right in that aliens are not allowed to come to earth, but what we are seeing are teenagers in their souped up muscle-ships buzzing Earth for kicks?

Spaceshuttle neon underlighting FTW !

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
You believe in ET. May I inquire as to why ?

UFO's with lights (IMO) are being flown by
the Industrial Military Complex.

Using Occam, what is the more reasonable
approach to this question ?

Aliens from 3k light years away ?

Or, our people testing new craft ?

You decide. It's your reality.

TW

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Hello. The lights I've seen on the ufo orbs (not just OBOL but reds yellow amber/orange whites) seem to be like gas powered. Like some energy that is enflamed.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by morethanmeetstheye

Why? Because they see no reason to hide, and least of all, now. Many of them are "performing" intentionally now, and flashing lights is among the best ways to draw attention.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I believe in ET in that there is not enough information to make me, erm not believe. Our planet shows that life can survive in the most inhospitable environments we can think of, so I cant see that there is zero possibility of life anywhere else.

Even oxygen is a pretty corrosive gas, but I cant get enough of it

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
i suppose my question is along the lines of, why build a stealthy vehicle, fly it silently at night, or in remote areas, yet hang xmas lights on it?

But then again, they couldnt cover up the exhaust ports of an F117 , so the afterburners would still be visible at full stealth mode.

Lights, especially flashy multicolored ones just seem strange to me.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
As we're currently discussing in another thread, there may be more than one answer to the question. In other words, some of them are flashy and some of them are stealthy..

and btw, I have seen a whale in person. Quite impressive. But, they don't breathe underwater. They can hold their breath for a long time but must surface to breathe air. That's what the "blowhole" is for.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
lol Heike, shows the level of information I need to be a believer

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I came back to check on the response to my post, and had another thought.

Tall towers and airplanes and helicopters etc. are all required to have lights to prevent accidents.

Do you supppose it might be that, since some of them are almost noiseless and very difficult to see, the reason they have those lights is to keep our aircraft from running into them?

Maybe they don't really care about humans one way or the other, or maybe they do, but it's possible even the smartest "being" could be paying attention to one thing and not notice an aircraft coming from another direction before it's too late. A deer can take out a car, so maybe even one of our "primitive" aircraft could hurt one of theirs if it ran into it at high speed.

So perhaps, like it or not, they have to have those lights at night for safety reasons if they are in an area or at an altitude where there might be human air traffic.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Good question and I actually don't think their hiding.

I think our primitive way of thinking about the universe hides them and they know this.

They know their presence will be explained away as weather balloons, flares or wild imagination.

I actually think this makes earth an excellent place for research for them.

Dr. Michio Kaku talked about type 1,2 and 3 civilizations and he said we would be a type 0 transitioning into a type 1.

This would make our planet great for research for say a type 1 or 2 ivilization.

That's because they can do research on this planet and they know that our primitive way of thinking about the universe will just explain them away.

So, maybe they wipe away the memory of some alien abductions because that's standard protocol when you operate and do research on a civilization like ours.

That's why regression may not be a good thing because they erased that from your memory because they need to operate and do research on us to learn more about their species the same way we do in labs with dogs or mice.

Say when you have asighting near a base where there's nuclear weapons and everything shuts down. This could be a weapons test.

They can do all of this in the open because even if we see them they know that our primitive way of thinking about the universe will explain them away and this would actually make earth a place to do research for say type 1 or 2 civilizations.

I also agree that we might not be that interesting to a type 3 civilization.

This is if you look at these things from an extra-terrestrial point of view but it goes further when were talking about beings that may be from higher dimensions.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
hmm warning lights is an interesting thought. Here's two more theories that I have been wondering about:

Again, I am assuming that UFOs are spacecraft that are trying to be stealthy around us humans.

1. They are unavoidable chemical reactions from their technology interacting with our atmosphere. Malfunctions, faulty exhausts.

2. They are actually unaware that lights are being generated that we can see, in the same way that the army uses infrared signal flares that cannot be seen by the human eye, but can be picked up with equipment.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The reason is that they are trying to keep their existence in question.

They are a constant itch that is building and building until we figure out how to scratch it.

They want us to move forward as one race and make contact.

If they landed in our major cities then we would feel threatened by their presence and respond badly to them. Even if the majority of us saw contact as a good thing the minority that disagreed may become a dangerous force which would generate a rift in our society that could destroy us in the long term.

The visitors are building the desire for contact within every one of us, so that when we are ready we will move forward as one race and initiate contact in our own way.

[edit on 22-3-2009 by Martindoolittle]

[edit on 22-3-2009 by Martindoolittle]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Two Worlds
Using Occam, what is the more reasonable
approach to this question ?

Aliens from 3k light years away ?

Or, our people testing new craft ?

You decide. It's your reality.

The problem is that we don't have the necessary data. There may be very few races with interstellar travel or there may be more than we'd imagine. Based on what we know, secret aircraft are probably more likely, but nothing should be ruled out.

[edit on 22-3-2009 by GrayFox]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Perhaps we are only "seeing" a very small fraction of them. Or when we do see them they are performing some manoeuvre that they cannot mask.

There could be thousands flying around our skies that we don't see. Think of the romulans having to de-cloak before firing thier weapons. Or having to drop shields in order to "beam"

top topics

join