It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the best investment to make if the dollar goes down?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Should I invest in currency, stock up on food, or what? If currency, what
would be the best currency to invest in? If food, how many months should
I stock up on. Just trying to be prepared for the future.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bputman

If your worried about the dollar , Im gonna assume your in the US

You can find a bank from another country and ask for a account in that countries denomination

German Bank, prolly get Euros there , maybe (SP) duestemarks

Canadian bank, dollar, Peter Shiff says Canada will get 2 to 2 1/2 times
the yank buck , if you wanna believe him

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Food. Water. Other necessities. And knowledge. When the dollar collapses, bartering is what will help you and your family survive. Euros and Yen will serve you no purpose in the states.

If you don't know how already, start learning how to fix and maintain structures and older vehicles. Chev trucks from the 70's and 80's are a good place to start, as they are common among farmers, and they take a beating. Parts will be easy to find, the since chevy 350 small block is one of the most common engines.

There's no way I would invest a failing currency into another currency. Too unstable. When my money's gone, I want something solid I can deal with.

Another thing you could do, if you have the means, is store gasoline and diesel fuel, just be sure to add a stabilizer to make it keep longer. People will need it, and if you have it when it's gone, you can eat.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Normally it would be commodities. There are some ETFs that invest across a few commodity indexes. etf.stock-encyclopedia.com...

All eyes are on gold, but platinum and silver have run up as well. Any increase in manufacturing will bump up copper, oil, and other commodities especially if the dollar depreciates.

However if the entire world economy is contracting, commodities will be in lower demand which reduces their price.

Countries with a high savings rate (Singapore, Japan) would have a stable currency. Check out Forex - www.forex.com...

new topics

top topics

join