It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If We Can Trus NASA Why Do They Alter Their Photos Before Releasing Them To The Public?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
As we have established that NASA has and does alter most of the Mars images they release to the public - it is important now, to explore more fully those motivations and intents which drive them to perpetrate these actions.
Have we? The only NASA images that I have seen on NASA servers were marketing images, and were only two (one of which I do not remember what it was, sorry), I have never seen anything suspicious on the images on the PDS archives.

Aren't you glad you have men like this in charge of releasing to you those images which you paid for with your tax-dollars....
I am glad those are not my taxes

But there is one thing about that case, as far as I know (and I may be wrong) Noel Gorelick was not from NASA, he was from Arizona State University, so we cannot use that as an example of NASA altering photos (and it shows that we should use the PDS images for more serious work).

[edit on 21/3/2009 by ArMaP]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by nablator

Just so I have this straight...

The photos in the video are not from NASA. They are from a guy who has taken some prints, scanned them, and then "cleaned" them up.

The images which are available online of the same photographs do not show the same evidence of "tampering" that the images from Davide.

Cute

Exactly thats what i was going to say you cant take a photo done with film digitize it then examine the values. Because then just depends on the scanner to assign the values in other words it proves nothing. If these photos were not taken with a digital camera so trying to subject them to digital processing is silly. But again people will believe what anybody puts up on video as long as they want to believe without actually using there brain.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Did anyone at all even look at the post where I said to go find actual photographs? Raid a Nat'l Geographic issue? Not one person even gave it so much as a 'huh'..... but I guess if it's more fun to debate malleable digital pics like dogs fighting over a bone when there's an all you can eat right across the street, feel free.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by onslaught
I have been coming to this site just recently and have noticed one thing from the "believers". When someone disagrees with them they tend to call them people who are "sheeple", "do not live outside of the box"...etc. When it goes both ways..I have noticed...the "believers" tend to not want to accept the fact that maybe just maybe they are wrong about certain issues. I see that hardcore "believers" and "skeptics" both will not accept anything but thier own beliefs. They both seem to have been programmed to believe what they do. By the way..my favourite poster by far is Phage...he seems logical and is offers alternative answers to questions. He does not seem to be a follower like so many of these believers and skeptics I see.

Whoa, another new guy making assessments about the members.
This is an obvious derailment of the thread concerning NASA lying about the information they give to the people that pay their salary's thru their taxdollars.

Onslaught, do you think we road in here on a load of turnips?

Read this....www.abovetopsecret.com...

Welcome to ATS!

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
Did anyone at all even look at the post where I said to go find actual photographs? Raid a Nat'l Geographic issue? Not one person even gave it so much as a 'huh'..... but I guess if it's more fun to debate malleable digital pics like dogs fighting over a bone when there's an all you can eat right across the street, feel free.

Here is lil' snippet from your previous post:

Originally posted by wylekat
So quit squabbling, and go do some REAL research with real books, kids.

Because you said KIDS
Some of us here were kids some 50 years ago

Scanning pages of the real books will not give you results like scanning the photo negative...

Paper has INNER structure which can be picked up with scanner an be introduced into the image to the certain degree. Small difference, but enough when you use heavy image enhancements.

Simply, it's not reliable, but the author of the video obviously did not know that, he just ignored it or (even worse) used into his advantage

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Good grief. Please don't be so naive to think that every public speech or mission statement presented to the public is a given agency's true agenda. They have to use public-friendly rhetoric for two reasons a) to assure as little outside meddling as possible and b) to keep their budgets at peak allowance. Just step back and think critically.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Have we? The only NASA images that I have seen on NASA servers were marketing images, and were only two (one of which I do not remember what it was, sorry), I have never seen anything suspicious on the images on the PDS archives.

Armap...

You obviously haven't been looking hard enough - all that is demanded is that you exert a little bit more intellectual rigour, especially when conducting your research into this sort of thing... You'll find plenty of things to be suspicious about once you dig a bit deeper ;-)

As encouragement;

Here is an example of NASA being caught altering images - the following images were taken from inside Endurance Crater (Sol 67), and you will notice some major discrepancies between the two images. The differences between these images are readily apparent, as you shall see below:

This is the original image - note that it is hosted on NASA's server.

(source: marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...)

This image is of the same area, an artificial skyline has been created - this image is also hosted on NASA's server.

(source; marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...)

*These images are both hosted on NASA's server. The links to the originals have been placed below the images - in case you have any doubts about where they came from. ;0)

[edit on 21-3-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Why would NASA censor then send out photos for public consumption. They would look very incriminating if they were trying to hide something. Why not just either not release the photo(s) or release complete fakes that didn't need censoring?

Also, have you simply asked NASA about these supposedly censored photos? and if so, what did they say and if not, why not?

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Yes, this moon thing is interesting.
i was watching Mr. Collier and he has this slide show where he shows alot of stuff.
Do you know what I did ? I took an Screen shot and Zoomed in on it, Ohhh. Either very good planned hoax where they knew people would take pictures and analyze, or it is for real ...

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123
Why would NASA censor then send out photos for public consumption. They would look very incriminating if they were trying to hide something. Why not just either not release the photo(s) or release complete fakes that didn't need censoring?

Also, have you simply asked NASA about these supposedly censored photos? and if so, what did they say and if not, why not?

Because they think we are stupid and won't notice, and the few who do won't be listened to. This is their experience from the phony moon landings, that people will believe anything the government tells them and they can hoax us from now until the end of the world and we will never wake up to what they are doing. It's called mind control. This way they don't have to kill us or put us in camps because we are compliant and will do as they want.

Lately they have built camps and are getting the military ready to crush us because they see that too many of us are waking up.

When it comes to the space program so-called, they have little to worry about. It is a sacred area where Americans feel pride and think NASA is a bunch of heroic scientists instead of a bunch of Freemasons and Nazi pikers as they really are. When they pull off their fake alien invasion, bringing forth their chimeras and filthy materialized demons and passing them off to us as "aliens" from Mars, people will believe it because good 'ol NASA proved we can travel to the moon and coming from Mars is no big deal.

I am certain no American satellite ever went anywhere near Mars, and we certainly never landed anybody on the moon.

[edit on 21-3-2009 by Salt of the Earth]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProTo Fire Fox
Things look like there heating up a little in here, so play nice every one ! lthough i would love to hear the SETI team get a signal back, a craft land at the UN headquarters and just making general contact, i think that it would be great for about 24hrs before every one started to rob and kill each other, literally.

"Never underestimate mans brutality towards each other" - Me

Don't you think we need to move towards an organization where this does not happen ? And cannot happen. We are less advanced than other past societies that did not need a "police" to keep them in order.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
Here is an example of NASA being caught altering images
The fact that the images do not look the same does not mean that they were altered.

the following images were taken from inside Endurance Crater (Sol 67), and you will notice some major discrepancies between the two images.
It was on Sol 168, not 67.

This is the original image - note that it is hosted on NASA's server.

(source: marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...)
Why do you say that this is the original? Both images are originals.

This image is of the same area, an artificial skyline has been created - this image is also hosted on NASA's server.

(source; marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...)
Did NASA said that this was supposed to be a skyline? Or was it someone outside NASA?

That looks like a camera problem, a strange problem but a camera problem, because from 30 different photos of that area only four have that problem, from filters 5, 6 and 7. Also, the image from filter 5 is different from the filter 6 image, and both are different from the image from filter 7, all images have that ragged line on different positions, while the line has the shape shape but looks a little curved (while keeping its overall shape), as you can see on this composite image.

Also, the same thing happened on the previous Sol, with the same filters being affected, as you can see.

I don't know if NASA said anything about it.

*These images are both hosted on NASA's server. The links to the originals have been placed below the images - in case you have any doubts about where they came from. ;0)
I didn't had any doubts, those images have been used in many sites and have made their appearance on ATS some years ago, but it helped me to find the real Sol, one more reason why I think we should always include a reference to the originals.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Salt of the Earth

Originally posted by jfj123

Because they think we are stupid and won't notice, and the few who do won't be listened to.

But why take the chance at all? Obviously if the censoring is so obvious that it is all over ATS, people are noticing. It simply doesn't make sense to incriminate themselves by even releasing the photos.

This is their experience from the phony moon landings,

The moon landingS were not faked or phony and this can and has been proven. There are laser reflectors on the moon that you or anyone can bounce a laser off of.

that people will believe anything the government tells them and they can hoax us from now until the end of the world and we will never wake up to what they are doing.

That's obviously not true or bush's approval ratings would have not been dismal.

It's called mind control.

No, I think it's called paranoia.

This way they don't have to kill us or put us in camps because we are compliant and will do as they want.

As if the government had the capability to put 230 million people in camps. Come on.

Lately they have built camps and are getting the military ready to crush us because they see that too many of us are waking up.

Not going to happen.
There are approx 3.5 million soldiers and law enforcement officers TOTAL. The US population is approx. 230 million. There is no effective way to for so little troops to control a population of our size and that's assuming 100% of all military and civilian law enforcement would be willing to participate in the illegal orders.

When it comes to the space program so-called, they have little to worry about. It is a sacred area where Americans feel pride and think NASA is a bunch of heroic scientists instead of a bunch of Freemasons and Nazi pikers as they really are.

WOW...seriously?
So all that tech is fake? Can you prove it ?

When they pull off their fake alien invasion, bringing forth their chimeras and filthy materialized demons and passing them off to us as "aliens" from Mars, people will believe it because good 'ol NASA proved we can travel to the moon and coming from Mars is no big deal.

Well since that's never going to happen outside a poorly written sci-fi book, I'm not going to worry about it and I HIGHLY suggest you do the same.

I am certain no American satellite ever went anywhere near Mars, and we certainly never landed anybody on the moon.

[edit on 21-3-2009 by Salt of the Earth]

Well you are wrong as both have happened. A little research will show you that you can find these things out directly with the right equipment.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
So what's the "conspiracy" here? So the photo has been changed to exclude the stars, which makes for a more dramatic photo. So what? In the video it says that it was done to hide from us what that part of the universe looks like. Like there's something there to hide? Geez.... get a life people. This is by far the biggest non-issue I've seen on ATS.

MythBusters had a show where they debunked most every conspiracy theory about the moon landing. This in particular was covered. They got hold of a camera as close to the one used as possible and did some tests out in the desert where it was as close as possible to darkness as we have here on Earth. The end result was that the light level of the Moon (used in lieu of the Earth shot) was far brighter that the stars; so no stars visible. If NASA used some type of filters or manipulation to enhance the Earth image, so freaking what?

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
jfj123 says: ".... that people will believe anything the government tells them and they can hoax us from now until the end of the world and we will never wake up to what they are doing."

REPLY: from now on, please use the term "I" instead of "we" and "us". Now, please put on your tin foil hat and go listen to that guy on late night radio.

Of course, if you change the word "government" with the word "Muslim" you'd have something there.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by nablator
reply to post by ArMaP

Dear ArMaP,

If NASA corrected one photo AFTER it was shown on ATS, there is a possibility that ALL the alleged tampering shown in the video was actually done by NASA, then corrected, to make conspiracy theorists look like fools AFTER they upload their video analysis to YouBoob, the ONLY source for the WHOLE truth. It's like the anti-missile missile. It's launched as soon as the enemy's missile is detected. A conspiracy within a conspiracy!

Sorry, just joking. Those who downloaded the entire Apollo archive (I bet you did!) would know the difference.

As you know, I'm very much interested in evidence of tampering. Claims about NASA erasing part of images, or applying the airbrush generously is very common. I'm skeptical about the whole idea because it is so difficult to maintain a consistent version of a modified area, with all the scans floating around on the Internet, and many old and new missions (not all by NASA) taking pictures of the same area.

I haven't checked the other images referenced in the video, there are several types of alleged manipulation. You, Phage and Internos can have a look, I'm going to bed.

I know this person who wrote this was just mocked right after they said the above but in reality, this is a real possibility. I have always said that the governement who does these coverups are probably the best chessmasters in the world. If there is anything a chessmaster does well is to think ahead the moves of his opponent and then prepare the best possible response that will be the best possible deception. The shadow gov't are clearly at war with the people of the world (I question why humanity would try to snuff out humanity, it doesn't make sense) but they clearly want us 'in the dark' concerning everything they do. Oh and they want us dead to, that's clear. I find it ironic though, that we call them the 'shadow' government yet WE are the ones in the dark. As the Bible says, "Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch." (Matthew 15:14). Don't put it past them to throw bread crumbs down a dead-end path to lead you astray....that would be the first thing I would do. I would then consider that one would discover they had been duped and try to find their way back to the original path only to discover that there had been 5 more identical paths created where the original path had been. Had one never even diverted from the path in the first place (the cunning) I would have created distractions along the pathway to capture attention and slowly manipulated their perception of what the path really is and where it is going.. not to mention making the path so boring and mundane and uneventful that it would disuade one from wanting to go any further. Those who are even more cunning and patient (small percentage) would simply be made fun of for taking the 'path to nowhere' You see, they would clearly think many more moves than this to discourage and embarass and tire us from finding the truth. Thinking many moves ahead.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by zappafan1
MythBusters had a show where they debunked most every conspiracy theory about the moon landing. This in particular was covered. They got hold of a camera as close to the one used as possible and did some tests out in the desert where it was as close as possible to darkness as we have here on Earth. The end result was that the light level of the Moon (used in lieu of the Earth shot) was far brighter that the stars; so no stars visible. If NASA used some type of filters or manipulation to enhance the Earth image, so freaking what?

Very good points! I saw the mythbusters episode you're referring to and it was a really good one !

But you must realize that the moon hoaxers are simply going to say that the mythbusters are in on the conspiracy

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by zappafan1
jfj123 says: ".... that people will believe anything the government tells them and they can hoax us from now until the end of the world and we will never wake up to what they are doing."

REPLY: from now on, please use the term "I" instead of "we" and "us". Now, please put on your tin foil hat and go listen to that guy on late night radio.

Of course, if you change the word "government" with the word "Muslim" you'd have something there.

Actually I didn't say that. I was responding to the individual who did.

You quoted the wrong person. Just an FYI.

[edit on 21-3-2009 by jfj123]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

The two images you claim are proof of editing are just 2 diffrent vantage points no fake sky was added. 1st shot is from rim of crater looking at he far side from the rovers camera and is from a higher elevation. The second image is from the bottom of the crater looking up. Dont try to say photos were altered unless you took the time to see where the pictures came from.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
Dont try to say photos were altered unless you took the time to see where the pictures came from.

Poor form.

Don't make such snarky replies until you have actually read my posts in their entirety ;-)

Since you were "unable" to locate the sources that I had linked to in the post which you are currently attacking - I shall post them again below:

Source 2nd image: marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

Source 1st image: marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

For the benefits of people such as yourself, I even added the following note to the post which you allege does not contain proper information about the origins and source of the images (which is clearly indicated as being NASA..):

"*These images are both hosted on NASA's server. The links to the originals have been placed below the images - in case you have any doubts about where they came from. ;0)"

Originally posted by dragonridr
no fake sky was added

*Nice try - the images are already posted; the members can conclude for for themselves whether or not your statements are disingenuous - and to what extent. The members can then use your behaviour and statements to aid in determining the veracity and credibility of any claims you may make in the future.

Cheers!

[edit on 22-3-2009 by Exuberant1]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join