It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. Dodd's Political Future Cloudy After AIG Bonus Controversy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I live in CT, and ever since i saw DODD in he news, i new he was bad news..i got weird vibes about the guy, and coudnt place the finger..now i know.
He knew what he was doin, the corrupt maggott he is. Ide love nothing more, than to vote him out of office.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Odds are that they will vote D no matter what, even if Dodd declared himself the antichrist. In fact that would probably increase his chances. They are completely deluded up here in New England. Voting D is a knee jerk reaction. The more communist and degenerate the better. They would vote Stalin into office if they could. Whoever is the most radical communist wins.

Then they whine and complain why people are leaving New England in droves, why their small towns are nothing but crime and drug riddled hell holes and why it's not safe to walk the streets. (Not that anyone walks outside when the weather is so bad here and the woods are crawling with Lyme infested ticks.)

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Term limits. And don't elect any more Republicans and Democrats. They are the same thing, only named differently.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch

Why should I criticise Republicans? They have little to nothing to do with the Stimulus Bill, the Budget, the next bailouts etc. The liberals, I mean Democrats are doing a fine job of destroying themselves with their unbridled liberal enthusiasm. Like Obama said it's a shame not to take advantage of a crisis! He's like a little kid in the candy bowl these days. What liberal mischief can he sneek by next, giggle, giggle!

BTW I don't think it was so much the Republicans who screwed the country in the last 8 years as much as it was the media's selective, skewed reporting that in the end finally made it look like Bush et alia were the bad guys while completely ignoring the shenanigans of the Franks and Dodds who were behind the lines screwing the public. That is what I have spent the last 6 months trying to point out.

And Kudo's to you for working to give Dodds the boot!

Hmm why should I criticize the Republicans because they didnt vote for any spending since Obama...Oh really? Heres your Republicans for you....

After Voting No Republicans Tout Funds

So what the Republicans did was threw a bunch of their crap in there, voted no, then went home and bragged to their constituents they got them stuff. WTF is that crap. I call that a bait and switch. Ok onward to the Omnibus bill that just passed. Once again the Republicans pull the bait and switch by voting against it but throwing all sorts of their own pet projects in there.

Whos getting Omnibus Pork

Now dont even get me started on the bailouts for the banking industry which most of the Republicans not only voted for but they are the ones who created the banking bailouts ie George Bush and Hank Paulson. They took us another step down the crap filled road I call Fascism or Corporatism.

As far as the past 8 years I mean really? Now I dont know whether to break this down into categories or what but the F*** up lists for GWB and his Republican cronies are so long including nearly bankrupting us, killing many civil liberties, and yes their foreign policy is one of the worst in history. He ranks right up there with Franklin Pierce his great great great grandfather. Keep in mind the Dems didnt come into power till 2006 as far as the congress. Ill have you know I voted for Bush in 2000 but not in 2004. I also know the Dems are behind this crap too which is why I hate them ALL. I do come down on the Republicans harder because what I see coming from the Dems I expect that which is why I dont vote for them. I dont expect this crap from the Republicans which is why I take it out on them because its them who need to change and If they REALLY brought us small unintrusive government, individual liberies, and ended the warfare/welfare/police state I dont see them losing any more elections period.

[edit on 21-3-2009 by mybigunit]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

So what the Republicans did was threw a bunch of their crap in there, voted no, then went home and bragged to their constituents they got them stuff.
reply to post by mybigunit

Pelosi ASKED Republicans what they wanted in the bill. The Republicans KNEW the bill would pass whether they voted for it or not. Had Republicans not given their input regarding what "pork" they needed for their state I'm sure that Pelosi would have given them NOTHING and the people of the district would have been unfairly harmed by omission. Had the Republicans voted for the Stimulus bill they would have been booted out the next election. Call it bait and switch if you want, I call it political necessity.

For those of you that don't understand the relation between AIG, Fannie and Freddie, credit default swaps, derivatives, how this caused the collapse of AIG and how AIG's collapse started the world banking collapse readHow AIG's Collapse Began a Global Run on the Banks

Where did Chris Dodds fit into the banking collapse? He was chairman of the Senate banking committee at the time this all went down and he and Barney said that it all would be "just fine"! He and Barney defended the bad "junk" loans made possible by CRA to the bitter end. Every time a Republican eg. Bush in 2002 proposed banking reform to stop the fraud, Dodds would yell, RACIST! and stop them in their tracks. The bad CRA loans led to the collapse of Fannie and Freddie and then to AIG collapse and on to world banking collapse.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

As far as the past 8 years I mean really? Now I dont know whether to break this down into categories or what but the F*** up lists for GWB and his Republican cronies are so long including nearly bankrupting us

Bush and the Republicans are blamed for EVERYTHING! Why? Because of the MEDIA and their selective reporting.

This financial collapse has at its roots the bad loans required by CRA and Clinton's banking reform act of 1999 (which strengthened CRA bad loan requirements). ONE PARTY consistantly voted to weaken these loan requirements and ANOTHER PARTY (congress and executive branch) voted persistantly to strengthen loan requirements.

If it had been the Republicans that had facilitated these bad loans this would have been called "Housing Gate" and been endlessly bantered by the media but since it was the Democrats we haven't heard a thing.

Read: Would the Last Honest Reporter Please Turn On the Lights?

Orson Card says:

This housing crisis didn't come out of nowhere. It was not a vague emanation of the evil Bush administration.

It was a direct result of the political decision, back in the late 1990s, to loosen the rules of lending so that home loans would be more accessible to poor people. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were authorized to approve risky loans.

What is a risky loan? It's a loan that the recipient is likely not to be able to repay.

The goal of this rule change was to help the poor — which especially would help members of minority groups. But how does it help these people to give them a loan that they can't repay? They get into a house, yes, but when they can't make the payments, they lose the house — along with their credit rating.

They end up worse off than before.

This was completely foreseeable and in fact many people did foresee it. One political party, in Congress and in the executive branch, tried repeatedly to tighten up the rules. The other party blocked every such attempt and tried to loosen them.

Furthermore, Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae were making political contributions to the very members of Congress who were allowing them to make irresponsible loans. (Though why quasi-federal agencies were allowed to do so baffles me. It's as if the Pentagon were allowed to contribute to the political campaigns of Congressmen who support increasing their budget.)

Furthermore, Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae were making political contributions to the very members of Congress who were allowing them to make irresponsible loans. (Though why quasi-federal agencies were allowed to do so baffles me. It's as if the Pentagon were allowed to contribute to the political campaigns of Congressmen who support increasing their budget.)
Isn't there a story here? Doesn't journalism require that you who produce our daily paper tell the truth about who brought us to a position where the only way to keep confidence in our economy was a $700 billion bailout? Aren't you supposed to follow the money and see which politicians were benefiting personally from the deregulation of mortgage lending?

I have no doubt that if these facts had pointed to the Republican Party or to John McCain as the guilty parties, you would be treating it as a vast scandal. "Housing-gate," no doubt. Or "Fannie-gate."

Media has committed the greatest fraud of the century! The fraud has cost the baby boomers much of their retirement, brought about the election of a weak president, reelected Dodds and Frank the culprits and brought shame to the party that tried to solve the problem while glorifying the ones responsible for the problem in the first place!

[edit on 21/3/09 by plumranch]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
This controversy with AIG is BY NO MEANS the first time Dodd has been in trouble for being a bought out puppet of big business. He should be in prison or at very least thrown out of Congress

Interesting Info on Chris Dodd

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Pelosi ASKED Republicans what they wanted in the bill. The Republicans KNEW the bill would pass whether they voted for it or not. Had Republicans not given their input regarding what "pork" they needed for their state I'm sure that Pelosi would have given them NOTHING and the people of the district would have been unfairly harmed by omission. Had the Republicans voted for the Stimulus bill they would have been booted out the next election. Call it bait and switch if you want, I call it political necessity.

Where did Chris Dodds fit into the banking collapse? He was chairman of the Senate banking committee at the time this all went down and he and Barney said that it all would be "just fine"! He and Barney defended the bad "junk" loans made possible by CRA to the bitter end. Every time a Republican eg. Bush in 2002 proposed banking reform to stop the fraud, Dodds would yell, RACIST! and stop them in their tracks. The bad CRA loans led to the collapse of Fannie and Freddie and then to AIG collapse and on to world banking collapse.

Im not arguing Dodd's or Frank's roll in this. I have videos showing Barney Frank in 2002 playing down any future risks in regards to freddie and fannie. I also know the hundreds of thousands of dollars in campaign dollars Dodd got from people from AIG. The Democrats are a part of the problem in Washington I get that there is no argument there. My argument with you is you think the Republicans are part of the solution and you still seem to think there is a difference between the two parties. Keep in mind it wasnt just the Dems who were pushing for these loans going to everyone and anyone

President Bush on Home Ownership society

Yes that is Bush saying we need to grow fannie and freddie even bigger to give more loans to people who cant afford them. I have more vids if you need them I have some good democrat ones too like this one...

Democrats in Their Own Words...

If you need more Democrat videos I can give you those also if it makes you feel better. The fact is THEY ALL CAUSED THIS PROBLEM!!!!!!!

Ok ok ok lets try this. I want you to show me 3 differences between Obama and his libs and McCain and his Republicans. Please show me three and be careful if you post rhetoric because chances are the rhetoric is way different than the way the Republicans actually voted on the issue.

Edit to Add and its not just Dodd getting the big bucks from banks here

Bush Getting Some Serious Banker Donations...

Actually while this was all going on Bush got all the money from the banks. The banks gave him more than double the money than Kerry in 2004. The fact is they ALL have been getting paid off by the bankers. Heres a question if the Republicans saw this coming why didnt they do anything. The controlled congress and the presidency from 2000-2006 why was nothing done? Ahh because they TOO were in on it.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

Guy in 1999 who controlled congress? The Republicans. Yes so to put it all on Clinton is laughable. Yes he was PART of the problem with the Republicans being the other half.

Also I am very well aware of what is going on with AIG. Its very simple they insured $3 trillion dollars of CDOs with only $200 billion in actual cash. So the question is who allowed them and all these banks to leverage up the way they did. Well from 2002 to 2004 then CEO of Goldman Sachs lobbied the Bush administration to raise leverage limits. After being turned down two times finally in 2004 the government gave the "all clear" So a combination of cheap money and high leverage limits with no regulation is what caused this mess. Make not mistake the Democrats & Dodd and Franks were a part of this but so was Bush and the Republican cronies also.

Edit to Add Also dont forget about

Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act 1999 which repealed Glass-Steagall......

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Is Bush and the Republicans of his term free of blame, no of course not, could they have done more, sure. But Bush did sponsor a bank reform act in 2002 and McCain did in 2005. Were they successful, no, they were called biggot, racist and gave up the effort. That is their biggest weakness IMHO, they should have kept up the effort in spite of Democrat whining.

While Bush at least tried, Obama was busy doing what? Working for Acorn as a lawyer sueing banks for not giving (bad) loans to poor people who didn't qualify! Then later getting a $100,000 campaign contribution from the banks that gave the loans. What a great system!

And yes, Freddie, Fannie, and AIG didn't just give contributions to Dems, they gave (much smaller) contributions to sellected Republicans.

The Democrat's sins make the Republicans look like Mother Teressa so why go on and on about what the Republicans didn't do? You learn from the mistakes (if the media would ever point out where the mistakes were made!) so they are hopefully not repeated.

Again, I'm trying to educate here so this DOESN"T HAPPEN AGAIN!

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

And yes, Freddie, Fannie, and AIG didn't just give contributions to Dems, they gave (much smaller) contributions to sellected Republicans.

Much smaller contributions huh? Here have a look here...

www.opensecrets.org...

Actually from 1989 to 2008 Democrats have received 57% of the donations to Republicans 43%. Thats not much smaller and the "selected Republicans" is incorrect also. There are many Republicans on this list.

Oh here is AIG

www.opensecrets.org...

That was 50% to 50% from 1990 to 2008

Plum I dont work off rhetoric I work off facts. Im not giving up till you realize that BOTH parties are EQUALLY involved in this mess and that there is NO difference between the two. They act like they hate eachother in person but all drink and have a good time together behind the scenes on OUR dime. We have communism in Washington and until people such as yourself realize this nothing is going to change. Instead of people showing up in mass to Obama rallies or Palin rallies they need to just march on Washington million man march style with the American flag in one hand and the middle finger in the other saying were finished with you criminals in Washington. If you need more donation charts for any other financial institution Ill get them but the facts are BOTH parties are in the same bed.

As far as Acorn goes Acorn is not the problem here. The banksters enables places like Acorn. Acorn doesnt lend money they hook up people with banks that will lend money to them. So the banks enable Acorn and the two party crime family enables the banks via laws and subsidize and promised bailouts.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join