It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. Dodd's Political Future Cloudy After AIG Bonus Controversy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Sen. Dodd's Political Future Cloudy After AIG Bonus Controversy

www.foxnews.com

As a five-term Democrat who blew out his last two opponents by 2-1 margins in a blue state that President Obama won handily, Dodd, D-Conn., should be cruising to re-election in 2010. Instead, he's feeling heat from a Republican challenger eager to make him a poster boy for the tumult in the housing and financial markets.

A recent poll showed former Rep. Rob Simmons running about even with Dodd, a former national Democratic Party chairman.

As head of the banking panel, Dodd, 64, has become a convenient target for voter anger over the economic crisis.

"The fact that we have been beaten up, beaten around the head for the last eight or nine months on a regular basis has contributed to it as well," Dodd said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The "DODDS AMMENDMENT" of the stimulus bill allowed AIG executive to have bonuses even though AIG was gettin a large BAILOUT check. Dodds apparently put in this ammendment as a result of encouragement by the Obama administration.

Obama started the outrage about the bonuses! But Obama's administration pushed to allow the bonuses through Chris Dodds?

Can we assume then that Obama facilitated the bonuses so that later he could fake political outrage when the bonuses were paid??

Remember that both Obama and Dodds received significant political contributions from AIG last ellection.

Also, AIG played a primary role in insuring those "Derivatives" from Fannie and Freddie trying to make them into AAA investments. Obama and Dodds (and Frank) received major political contribution from Fannie and Freddie.

It was Dodds and Frank that fought so heard to support CRA which required banks to make the bad loans to unqualified buyers. Loans that went to Fannie and Freddie for bundling and to AIG for the insurers stamp of approval.

Isn't it amazing how this all is coming together so nice AFTER THE ELLECTION!

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
They would like to keep it swept under the rug but instead of bringing down the whole ship they are willing to throw a few overboard to save it.

The whole problem though is the ship has hit a rock and has a gaping hole and we are sinking.

He should have been gone after 2 terms.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Good! But he should be investigated, along with Barney Frank, as one the architects of this economic crisis we are in. In fact, every member of the Senate and House banking committees should be investigated.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Good! But he should be investigated, along with Barney Frank, as one the architects of this economic crisis we are in. In fact, every member of the Senate and House banking committees should be investigated.
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

You're right!

Obama, Dodds and Frank are walking a thin line when complaining about bonuses when they are writting themselves bonuses in the stimulus bill, the budget and bailouts. Paybacks, kickbacks, payoffs, waist and corruption abound.

They also call attention to their own deep involvement in the murkie affairs of AIG, Fannie, Freddie, and CRA. Sooner or later the hammer is going to fall on these guys and it won't be a second to soon!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I pray it isn't only Dodd, there are many just if not more corrupt.

This has to stop.

If these people get re-elected I am positive it is fixed.

So then there is only one solution.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Dodd's not going anywhere until he decides to retire. The folks in CT love him and the liberals in the NE are loyal. About 7 years ago, Barney Frank had that boy-toy of his running a whore-house out of Frank's house. Not only did the fine folks in MA reelect him, he got kicked upstairs in his committee assignments.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Dodd's not going anywhere until he decides to retire. The folks in CT love him and the liberals in the NE are loyal. About 7 years ago, Barney Frank had that boy-toy of his running a whore-house out of Frank's house. Not only did the fine folks in MA reelect him, he got kicked upstairs in his committee assignments.
reply to post by dolphinfan

The voters may be liberal and stupid but even they will come to realize that Frank and Dodds were the primary legislators promoting and protecting CRA through the years which when everything hit the fan was the reason their retirement nesteggs suddenly went south big time.

Thanks Chris and Barney for making my port folio go away! Maybe I'm not so liberal after all, goodbye!

Dodds and Frank, the posterboys for the banking debacle! "This thing is too big, it will never fail" was Barney's battle cry!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Sadly, for every abuse of trust and instance of dishonesty and shenanigans you see....

... there are 10 or 20 more (yes, I just made that number up
) that are being ignored, or go unnoticed.

Our halls of government is literally seething with the infection of financial and corporate interests.

Dodd is just the one that stumbled into the light. The rest have scurried under the furniture and into the cracks in the walls.

I hate that we vilify one of these people. I refuse to entertain the notion that it's different at either end of the one party that represents itself as two.

That's the problem with a single interest owning both parties... the charade of 'compromise' becomes evident.

In every instance we have seen clearly that there is NO intention to allow the dysfunctional elements of the system fail.

The true reason is because they were not then, nor are they now, dysfunctional at all. They were performing exactly as the puppeteer commanded, and still does. Our currency, teetering and feebly clinging to the tendrils of economic viability was diluted this week to the tune of well over a trillion dollars.

It's not counter intuitive to understand the inevitable consequences - the dollar will be rendered unsuitable for multinational transactions. Can anyone at all see this? Or am I hallucinating madly?

Why is the economic success of the United States of America to be feared so much that it must be purposefully destroyed? I think America is being strangled to death by the international banking system. I believe it is not unreasonable to assume this is an act of deliberate destruction, and merits consideration as an act of war.

But, despite what would appear to be the appropriate action, or even public review of the elements in play, our esteemed leadership (
) isn't defending us at all. They haven't even begun to disable the control they have on us, they seem to be kowtowing to it.

It hurts me to think this, and I would rather it were completely untrue. I truly loved the America I knew... and I know it wasn't the terrorists that changed her..., it was them; or rather, they are the terrorists.

[\apologies for rant]

[edit on 20-3-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
He is dodgy to say the least and should be held accountable, but if there was a nuclear holocaust the only remaining things would be roaches and Dodd.

The man is indestructible, they based Doomsday off of him you know.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by s4dreamlnd93
He is dodgy to say the least and should be held accountable, but if there was a nuclear holocaust the only remaining things would be roaches and Dodd.

Are you saying that Dodd is the "Anti-Chuck Norris" ?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Chuck can not go to Connecticut as one state can not contain that much awesome, the consequences would be catastrophic, think of matter-antimatter reaction cubed. That is an ant fart compared to that.

Nothing will happen to the man he will continue as always. So much the shame for it.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Lo, and behold I was waiting for this to finally come out in the light, when it comes to the AIG scandal, Dodd, Geithner and Bernanke all needs to resign.

Nothing but fat rats getting money for their good corporate geared deeds.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

reply to post by s4dreamlnd93

I know, can't get rid of him like a tick! His dad was a senator also, Thomas Dodds and is the infamous senator that translated the Nazi gun control laws into English and got them enacted here in the form of the 1968 National Gun Laws. Boo hiss!

I see a backlash coming!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Your so partisan its not even funny. It must be nice to still believe there is actually a difference between these two parties. I see you come on here and rag on the evil liberals but then turn a blind eye away from the Republicans who vote for the very same crap. Where were you the last 8 years when big government reigned freely?

With that being said Dodd needs to go and in fact a grass roots organization is trying to get my man Peter Schiff to run against him in 2010. If Schiff says he will Im gonna do everything I can to get Schiff elected and Dodd the hell out of government. After that we need to get the likes of Frank and Pelosi out to and I want every single Republican who voted for any bailout, big corp subsidize, or any other type of welfare gone as in cya wouldnt want to be ya. I focus my anger on the Republicans because THEY are supposed to be the ones for small government and THEY have let us down and THEY have now given rise to the man we know as Obama. So now we reap what we sow. We sat back on our hands while the Republicans screwed our country so now its time to pay the piper.....

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

I have to admit, starting with the "Department of Homeland Security" (
) the tripling of the size of government sure did seem to take the nation 'by surprise' didn't it?

I can't believe how deeply the partisan paradigm is embedded in our society. It's sort of pathetic.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Obama, Dodd.
Birds of a feather flock together and all this phony outrage makes me sick.
It's like the fake punch slash "hold me back" scenario.
It's all staged and make believe, like we are watching a wrestling match.

Maybe it is all staged just like the WWF.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Your so partisan its not even funny.
reply to post by mybigunit

For once we agree!

Most of the subjects I post on, threads I start would not even be mentioned here. Why? Because most here are liberal and don't have much of a memory. There is a vaccuum in conservative thinking so sometimes I take up the slack.

Show me where there is Republican involvement in the whole thing going south since Obama came to office. 3 Republican Congressmen turn coat and vote with the Dems and it is the Republicans fault?

Why should I criticise Republicans? They have little to nothing to do with the Stimulus Bill, the Budget, the next bailouts etc. The liberals, I mean Democrats are doing a fine job of destroying themselves with their unbridled liberal enthusiasm. Like Obama said it's a shame not to take advantage of a crisis! He's like a little kid in the candy bowl these days. What liberal mischief can he sneek by next, giggle, giggle!

BTW I don't think it was so much the Republicans who screwed the country in the last 8 years as much as it was the media's selective, skewed reporting that in the end finally made it look like Bush et alia were the bad guys while completely ignoring the shenanigans of the Franks and Dodds who were behind the lines screwing the public. That is what I have spent the last 6 months trying to point out.

And Kudo's to you for working to give Dodds the boot!

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by s4dreamlnd93

Nice Superman referance.

I agree, no matter how much you beat the crap out of him, no matter how many times you think you got rid of him or how many times you think you killed him (politically), he always comes out stronger.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I really think many Americans would like to punch Dodd in the face.
Perhaps as punishment, they should cut off his security detail

Let him answer to the masses who he has stolen from for his own little gain.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join