It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Deal Ghost Picture...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I looked at it in PSP and the pixels match up fine with the rest of the pic, but then so did the "ghosts" in the fake pics.

I also checked to see if there was any difference in scale of the ghost compared to the woman on the ground and it's to scale.

You can see the door frame all the through the length of the body, head, and hair. The thing that bugs me though is that the ghost seems to slightly overlap the first layer of pixels on the window sill.

Can't say if it's real or not.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by RuneSpider
Using the people on the bottom left of the picture there, who are for one, fully in color and in the sun, and the ghost, which is in black and white and in shadow... anyone else notice the difference is clarity?
Looking at it in GIMP and MSPaint showed that the ghost was less pixelated, or at least, seemed less pixelated than the rest of the picture.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8051cdfc3d3d.jpg[/atsimg]

The far left is the people in the pictur, they are farther away from the camera, and show pretty bad pixelation.
The middle is the ghost, which is pretty smooth over all, with mild pixelation.

Far right, is some of the building's Masonry, which is closer to the camera.
Notice that even in the picture with the ghost, the bricks and tiling show as being more pixelated than the ghost, with a little bit of bleed through on colours.
The ghost doesn't show similar artifacts. I have to say, it looks added in.

[edit on 21-3-2009 by RuneSpider]

I have to say I agree. It really does look added in.

Glad to see I am not the only one smelling a hoax here.

If this is the case I look forward to the hoaxer being banned.

Let me be perfectly clear here amigo...Read ALL of the posts before you start demanding someone be banned. I did not create the first picture with the ghost in the window of the hospital. I freely admitted to creating the other pictures, but that picture was given to our group, by a person that was attending the event, and claimed to have taken the picture. Learn to read please.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

Wow, calm down! Let ME be perfectly clear!

I have NOT demanded anything!

All I said was that people who hoax DO get banned. That is a fact. Anyone who hoaxes gets banned.

if you are not hoaxing then you have nothing to worry about, isnt that right?

Please do not twist my words into something that they do not mean, because I never demanded that you get banned. Unless, you are hoaxing than yes I want you banned, and you will be.

Also before you throw around accusations, accusing me of not reading all the posts. I HAVE!. I have read EVERY SINGLE POST. I do not appreciate that accusation either. I take ATS seriously. Every single thread I participate in , I read EVERY post!

Bottom line, I never demanded anyone be banned and I DID read every post.

Only reason I mentioned the word ban is because, as I said, if you hoax, you get banned. If you are not hoaxing, good for you, if you are , shame on you.

Because I am not wanting a fight with ANYONE right now, I will apologize for upsetting you and not making my last post more clear and easy to understand.

Now that you and I have cleared up any confusions about my last post, and you undersand that I did not demand anything and that I did read all the posts,Has anyone gotten in touch with internos? His opinion would come in handy right about now.

[edit on 21-3-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Well, I apologize then. It sounded to me like a call that I was hoaxing the first photo and should be banned, as who else would be banned?
Just so you know where I'm coming from...

"I have to say I agree. It really does look added in.

If this is the case I look forward to the hoaxer being banned. "

Your own words above. And seeing as I'm the one that posted the photo, that would make me the hoaxer. Would it not? Certainly not the person that gave me the photo, as they are not on this board. Unless you meant banned from life? I don't even know the guy the photo came from. I only know it came via email to our group leader the day after the fundraiser. But hey, bye-gones be bye-gones. I assure you, the first photo is what it is, for whatever that may be worth. I am just passing it along and posted it here for you to dissect And I posted my admitted faked training photos to show how easy it is to fake something like the first photo I posted. Nothing more. I'm not making any claims in regards to the photo.

[edit on 21-3-2009 by Oreyeon]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I'm always in favor of the hoax or misidentification. There's a UK Professor running a website survey of ghost photos. He's looking to debunk photo evidence of ghosts and has invited people to submit their ghost images.

Prof Wiseman, who is leading the experiment, said the site had 60,000 hits on the first day and 40,000 the following day. "I'm surprised that it's really taken off," he told the Daily Telegraph, "I've already had 250 pictures sent to me and I've posted the best 30 online". The 42 year old said it had launched a national debate between sceptics and believers. "Ten per cent of the population have had a ghostly experience, but no-one yet has carried out a survey of what kind of experiences they have," said Prof Wiseman. "We know ghosts tend to be seen as solid figures, which only reveal themselves as ghosts when they do something like walking through a wall."
Daily Telegraph

The site is here. I've looked through a few of the images and they aren't impressive. There's only two images that make me wonder. One is that one of the girl in a burning building in England. The other is the Hampton Court ghost from a few years ago. It could easily be a hoax, but the guards have kept quiet if it is.

I'm conflicted or agnostic when it comes to ghosts
Although I don't believe in them, I've had a couple of things happen at my parents house (years ago) that defy explanation and have been experienced by other people too.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Calm down buddy!!!

Sounds to me that you are the touchy one here and that you are implying that the OP be banned as per your previous post.

'I have to say I agree. It really does look added in.

If this is the case I look forward to the hoaxer being banned.

Is the hoaxer the OP? Or the person that sent the OP the image?

If the hoaxer isn't the OP... then how can the person who sent the OP the image be banned?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As has been said before 'if it looks too good to be true, then it probably is.'

As with the 'Shopped' images, they are all fake.

If you are taking a photo of something that is not actually there, why would it be the focal point on all occasions?

Also by the same token if you are taking a picture, why would it be of something that is not of interest, for example the corner of a building?

Guess we will have to wait until gimme_some_truth envokes internos by chanting the name over and over in their posts as if raising a demi-god.

[edit on 24/3/09 by fox_3000au]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
Using the people on the bottom left of the picture there, who are for one, fully in color and in the sun, and the ghost, which is in black and white and in shadow... anyone else notice the difference is clarity?
Looking at it in GIMP and MSPaint showed that the ghost was less pixelated, or at least, seemed less pixelated than the rest of the picture.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8051cdfc3d3d.jpg[/atsimg]

The far left is the people in the pictur, they are farther away from the camera, and show pretty bad pixelation.
The middle is the ghost, which is pretty smooth over all, with mild pixelation.

Far right, is some of the building's Masonry, which is closer to the camera.
Notice that even in the picture with the ghost, the bricks and tiling show as being more pixelated than the ghost, with a little bit of bleed through on colours.
The ghost doesn't show similar artifacts. I have to say, it looks added in.

[edit on 21-3-2009 by RuneSpider]

Thank you for taking the time to do the hard work to debunk this picture... keep me posted.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
It look like the same pixel size, if you compare the frame of window to the edge of the "ghost", they seem to be the same pixelwidth. Not saying that this is real, but it seems the pixelating of the image and object is on same levels.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
It appears to be superimposed. There is a definite edge on that ghost.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join