It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Deal Ghost Picture...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Just some background information on this photo. Nothing special in regards to circumstances. This photo was taken by a patron at a fund raiser we were holding to gather funds for restoring the Bartonville State Hospital located in Central Illinois. The fund raiser was held outside on the hospital grounds in front of the main building. This picture was taken on those grounds mid day. If you cannot see her, look in the second window up from the ground.
I have no information other than the photo was given to our group leader, the day after the fund raiser. She received a call from an excited individual that said he got something in one of his photos and wanted to send it to her. This photo is what he sent. Looks to me to be an era-appropriate-dress nurse. Just thought I would post it up here and see what all you guys think of it.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

Its a neat picture but...

Nowhere in your description does it say nobody was in the building at the time. I think a little more info would be needed.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
You can definitely see through the figure... but not knowing for sure if anyone was in the building or not, and the distance... it's hard to say that's a real pci.
It could be someone there that moved as the picture was being taken.

CX

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Great pic, thanks for posting.

Is there any way of enlarging the image even more? It's hard to see whether or not it's just a person caught in the picture.

CX.

CX

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
You can definitely see through the figure...

I'm not certain you can. Edited to say that when the pic is zoomed, it could possibly look like the doorframe goes through see-through hair, but not the head.

I just opened the pic up in Microsoft Office Picture Manager, zoomed right in on it and it looks more like a kid with bushy hair.

The door frame looks like it stops when it gets to the figures head, and doesn't carry on through a see through head.

When you zoom in, it looks like there is some kind of black shape on the throat area, maybe like a bow-tie? It looks like a young person, with bushy hair with a bow-tie and one of those shirts with the ruffled frills down the front.

Interesting pic anyway.

CX.

[edit on 20/3/09 by CX]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Here you go. Cropped and Enlarged.
I can tell you that no one was on that floor. We had people in the building, but they were only permitted on the first floor. Security was in place to guard the stairwells to keep people there too. If anyone was up there, it would have been people from our group, and no one in our group looks like that, or was dressed like that.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
What was the purpose of the photograph? It seems to be a strange place to photograph. It's not like it's of the front door or a special site, it appears to be a rear corner of a building. Seems questionable to me. If one was not photographing the image in the window on purpose then there would be no purpose to taking that picture, unless of course, it's purpose was to fake a ghost picture.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
nice shot! based on the size of the window, how tall do think she is????? if its real, a definately awesome pic.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Is there any glass in that window?
Because if there is, as it looks like there is.
It could be someones reflection from one of the other windows across from it on the second floor.
And they may look very different and distorted, not like the person actually looks.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
There is a window across from this window, but there is no glass in either window. In fact, there's no glass in any of the windows. It's all been busted out from vandals over the years. And people photograph the windows of this place all of the time, because that's just a norm for people who are looking to capture something. I'm an investigator in a paranormal group here, and windows are a big thing in the field that we get alot of reports on. Think about it, ghosts were people once too, so it stands to reason, that they may look out of windows at times. That's one thing that has always been laughable to me. People have this mindset that ghosts are supposed to be confined to deep, dark, and closed in places. It's simply not true. It doesn't have to be dark to have activity. You don't have to be inside to see or experience something. There's no rhyme or reason behind activity, and you cannot control how and when something happens, unless of course it's a residual type of haunting, and even then, there's no set schedule, or we'd have absolute proof.
With all of that in mind, yes, the photo could be a fake. I don't know the guy that took it, and according to the meta data on the original file, it did pay a visit to Photoshop on a Mac computer. But then again, that my be what he used to import the file so he could send it to our group leader. I just honestly don't know. I just wanted to present the photo and see what everyone thought.
Also, I'm a skeptical believer. I'm not one of those jump on the wagon immediately types. It takes alot of convincing for me. But I will say I've had my own personal experiences, and you cannot convince me that there is not something to all of this. I've seen things with my own eyes that were there, no question, but can I definitively say what it was? No. But I do know that people don't just disappear right in front of you. And I do know that we aren't as smart as we think we are, and we don't know everything that we think we know. I'm certain that if we did, our world would be a totally different one. Of that, I am certain.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
thats wicked good!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Well, no sleep for me tonight...

Nice post, nice pic,

Cherry

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I dont know. It looks good. Almost too good.

I dont know why but for some reason I am having doubts here. In most ghost photos, the apparations arent that clear. I mean, there are a few, but most...

I hate to be 'That guy" as I do believe in ghosts having seen them myself, but I must admit I am wondering about the possibility of photoshop being used here.

The saying "If it seems to good to be true, it probably is" Just keeps popping into my head when I look at this picture. Am I the only one feeling this way?

has anyone seen internos around lately? I havent. I would love to hear what internos says. If anyone can tell if this picture has been altered in anyway it would be internos.

Peace and love

GST

EDIT: you know, now that I look at it more closely I really think it is fake. It justs looks to much like all the other fake photoshopped ghost photos out there.

Here take a look at this collection of fake ghost pictures.look particularly at the photo about half way down of the asian man standing in a woodsy are and a girl photoshopped into the background. The way that girl looks reminds me of the photo we have presented to us here in this thread....

www.ghostresearch.org...

I dont know. I am no internos. Let me just say that I will not be surprised to find out this is a fake....

internos where are you!?!

[edit on 21-3-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Nice picture there.....

Much better than the alleged "orbs" and "ectoplasm" images

I think the photo experts should take a looksy at this one......... just to be on the safe side anyway

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

I think the photo experts should take a looksy at this one......... just to be on the safe side anyway

Absolutley. Better to get the opinion of thet experts. it will certainly help me make up my mind.

Like I said, It is a good photo but the though of "If it seems to good to be true, it probably is", just keeps popping into my head.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Now that you mention it, the pixels in the actual so called Ghost image, look a little different to the surroundings.
I guess it could be faked.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Now to play the Devil's Advocate of sorts here. Now that I've shown you that picture, I want to show you how easy it IS to fake ghost photos. Here are some of the photos I've made myself to help train our investigators. Can you spot the ghosts? Can you tell the difference? Unfortunately no. And this is what we teach our investigators. A photo in this field is worth, absolutely nothing. Unless it is backed up by verifiable scientific data, and concrete controlled conditions. Something this field is heavily in need of. The first picture I submitted to you did come from someone that was at the fund raiser, and it's his word on the photo, and that's all we have. So yes, it could be just as fake as the following images I made myself. But then again, it may not be. We simply just do not know, unless it is backed by verifiable data and controlled conditions. So, I guess the lesson in this is, don't always jump to assumptions, positive or negative unless you can absolutely verify what you're looking at. I hope that makes sense, and I hope it brings something to the table that this field is in much need of. Here are my images:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I would say it looks good, but I'm no expert by all means...
Poor discarnates.
Most of them don't even know they're dead.
I wonder if this one does...

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Using the people on the bottom left of the picture there, who are for one, fully in color and in the sun, and the ghost, which is in black and white and in shadow... anyone else notice the difference is clarity?
Looking at it in GIMP and MSPaint showed that the ghost was less pixelated, or at least, seemed less pixelated than the rest of the picture.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8051cdfc3d3d.jpg[/atsimg]

The far left is the people in the pictur, they are farther away from the camera, and show pretty bad pixelation.
The middle is the ghost, which is pretty smooth over all, with mild pixelation.

Far right, is some of the building's Masonry, which is closer to the camera.
Notice that even in the picture with the ghost, the bricks and tiling show as being more pixelated than the ghost, with a little bit of bleed through on colours.
The ghost doesn't show similar artifacts. I have to say, it looks added in.

[edit on 21-3-2009 by RuneSpider]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
Using the people on the bottom left of the picture there, who are for one, fully in color and in the sun, and the ghost, which is in black and white and in shadow... anyone else notice the difference is clarity?
Looking at it in GIMP and MSPaint showed that the ghost was less pixelated, or at least, seemed less pixelated than the rest of the picture.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8051cdfc3d3d.jpg[/atsimg]

The far left is the people in the pictur, they are farther away from the camera, and show pretty bad pixelation.
The middle is the ghost, which is pretty smooth over all, with mild pixelation.

Far right, is some of the building's Masonry, which is closer to the camera.
Notice that even in the picture with the ghost, the bricks and tiling show as being more pixelated than the ghost, with a little bit of bleed through on colours.
The ghost doesn't show similar artifacts. I have to say, it looks added in.

[edit on 21-3-2009 by RuneSpider]

I have to say I agree. It really does look added in.

Glad to see I am not the only one smelling a hoax here.

If this is the case I look forward to the hoaxer being banned.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join