It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Prepare Myself

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Lately I've been thinking alot about the next few years and what - IF anything - will happen.
Alien Invasion?
Nibiru?
Pole Shifts?
NWO?
So I've thought, how DO I prepare myself for everything?
I would say I'm convinced something will happen, probably a Great Contact with Earth and humanity between another race or races.
So what do I do?
Should I start to become more spiritual? (How do I do that?)
Bulk up abit more, get some massive biceps?

Buy a gun?
Prepare myself for contact?
Build an underground bunker and stock up on beans?
What should I do?
Any thoughts and help is greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Jacob

[edit on 20/3/2009 by JacobNH]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JacobNH

I'm big time new to this stuff too, but what I'm seeing so far is that the more you educate yourself & learn to keep balanced with objectivity in the mix that your heart will lead you in the right direction.

[edit on 20-3-2009 by dawnslight]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I've scanned what I can, and it's really hard to make sense of everything.
I think I'm gonna resort to Yoga and the Gym

Thanks for you'r advice,
Jacob

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Oh man, you sound a bit overwhelmed by the whole of it, hum? It appears that may be so... One day at a time.... The pieces will fit together over time

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Yeah,
Well i am sort of.
I guess only time will tell.

Oh and by the way, you seem really spiritual and wise,
Just thought I'd tell you.

Jacob

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I don't know about being that wise, I'm sure all of us could always seek out more wisdom. Spirituality, we also could grow a lot more in this, it would do us all some good!
Thank you for your kind words.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Look at the most likely scenario that may happen where you live and go from there. Start out having a 72 hour BOB (Bug out bag) that you can grab and run with. Then once you have that, think about preparing to survive a week. Once you reach that stage, think a month and so on.
Get a notebook and start writing down what you need and what to get.
Then label other pages for food, cooking, heat, water, money, weapons, tools, etc to keep track of what you have and need.
You can learn to grow food in your apartment kitchen window or in
a small garden spot, etc.
Start learning NOW, it will take awhile!
Go to www.backwoodshome.com
or www.motherearthnews.com
or www.survivalacres.com
or www.survivalistnews.com
or www.survivalblog.com
You can start small by stocking away as much canned food you can afford.
Food you can open and eat without cooking, like vienna sausage, tuna, spam, fruit, etc!
Whew! Good luck!!!

P.S. Dont forget heirloom seeds!!!
www.seedstrust.com

[edit on 21-3-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Nice advice! I so wish there was a way to plant while still living in an apartment & with having 2 cats for that matter! Ha ha, seems I'd have to make up a little greenhouse in my apartment that could be cat proof!

If I tried anything outside I'd have a myriad of problems from raccoons getting into the food to very mischievous neighbors that would want my stuff! So, I wish there'd be a way to do it outside more than ever, but it sounds like a greenhouse inside the apartment is more likely.

Of course there's the canned goods, but even that can run out! Clean water would be a serious concern of mine as would also keeping batteries going.

It would be interesting to research on products that can keep working without using a battery. I know my aunt and uncle once bought a radio that worked by simply winding up a lever (like winding up a jack in the box) and it would work that way. That would be a very good item to have!

top topics

join