It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally hitting middle America

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Semi bump of an old thread, I apologize.

Here in Central Illinois .40S&W is virtually impossible to find. When you can find it, its the cheap Blazer brand stuff and my pistol doesn't agree with it to well. 14rd clip and 7 feed failures. And Blazer is the only round to EVER jam in it.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by zombiemann

I'm in central illinois as well.
You know what else is hard to find around these parts?

A working regular Nintendo. I mean - they are RARE. You can't just walk into a walmart and buy them anymore.

Age has nothing to do with the product placement, nah. I mean, in California i'm sure you could walk into any grocery store and they're carrying them.

The government must be hording all of the regular Nintendo's now, too?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I happened to stop in a Walmart outside Denver, NC, last week, and their shelves contained 7.62, 30-30, 308 and 22LR bricks. Surprised to see 7.62 availible as its been months since I've seen any.

Supplies were limited but available. Not a clerk in sight!!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Can't even find 22lr, longs, or shorts in my area. Single boxes or bricks.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by zombiemann
Semi bump of an old thread, I apologize.

Here in Central Illinois .40S&W is virtually impossible to find. When you can find it, its the cheap Blazer brand stuff and my pistol doesn't agree with it to well. 14rd clip and 7 feed failures. And Blazer is the only round to EVER jam in it.

Maybe the subject need a bump. Good ammo is tough to find in most places and if we can help in locating stock, why not kick it up a notch or two.

Can't hurt.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Oldnslo

My point is that this thread was created to say "ammo is low because the government is hording it"

I dont believe it is

walmart still has lots of ammo, so do countless other locatiosn i could name

just because they dont carry a specific really hard to find anyways kind of ammo doesn't mean conspiracy

it means out of 100,000 people, only about 3 are looking for it. So its dumb to carry it in large quantities.

No different than regular nintendo's on the shelves in K-Mart

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I was at Bass Pro on Tuesday. Cleaned them out of 9mm(5 boxes).
their shelves are empty. No .40 cal, no 223, a few boxes of .17. Went back on Friday, and it was even worse. Seriously considering returning to archery(at least as a supplement)

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

Having read this entire thread, you can believe what you want but I respectfully disagree.

I hope a time will never come when people looking like the kid in your avatar will be at every counter where ammo is sold, trying to swap their Nintendo for a box of anything they can get their hands on.

This is serious business and not something to joke about. You should hear what law enforcement has to say.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Oldnslo]

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Oldnslo]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Oldnslo

i don't think you read any of my posts the right way.... :\

the thread is about a government conspiracy to get rid of ammo

my comparison to a nintendo is to say:

Just because rare ammo is hard to find, doesn't mean there's a government conspiracy.

Finding an original working NES is just as rare, but just because it's hard to find doesn't mean the government is in a conspiracy to horde them all.

Same thing applies to ammo....too many gun nuts clinging to religion that are worried about something happening that never, ever, will happen.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
.40S&W is far from a rare caliber. Now, if I were looking for some kind of odd ball ammo that would be different. And since the thread is about a government created ammo shortage I guess it would be appropriate to enlighten you on one small fact. There are many law enforcement agencies throughout the US that use the Nintendo like .40S&W. As a matter of fact there are H&K MP5s that chamber it. So much for it being an obsolete round huh?

Edited to Add: I know others in the thread have mentioned a planned shortage implemented by our government, but I never voiced support for that theory. Personally I think its just mass hysteria and people jumping at shadows. What I figure is going on, the people who buy on average a box or 2 a year are panicking and buying ammo by the case. Causing a simple supply shortage. If things hold up manufacturers will ramp up production and then when all the paranoid people of the country have their stockpiles, there will be a massive surplus. Something that I will enjoy as an avid target shooter.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by zombiemann]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Funny how everyone blames the government for all of its problems.

People watch too many movies, apparently. You all think ammunition grows on trees? Its in limited supply (like everything else) and requires significant time and labor in order to be produced. Considering demand is high, it is no wonder stockpiles are running low.

"I think the Govt. is already playing with our supply?" Take a hike. What you need is conspiracism to kick you in the face and laugh at you for being so naive.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

NES is no longer being made or marketed, that I am aware of.

Ammo is always being made.

Apples and oranges.

My local stores are running low as well, by the way . . . which I have never seen happen.

One store even has a commercial on the radio saying that they will always be in stock, even if the other aren't.

So yeah, the phenomenon is happening.

I think it is the people buying it though . . . not the government.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
This was going on last year too (before the inauguration).

My local gunshop (fairly busy place) only sold reloads, they did not have ANY brand name stuff. At the time they said there were widespread shortages, i think they linked it to military use.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Just a follow up on this thread.

More and more ammo is now available.
9mm, 45 and 40 are still bare. They come in once a week and last 24 to 48 hours at the most.

223 and 308 are still pretty hard to find if they come in at all.

22 long rifle is still slim, but you can get it now.

Most everything else seems to be on the shelf around Wichita anyways.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by j2000
I just went down to buy some ammo.

Could not get any.

I am in Wichita Kansas, we have not had a big problem with getting mostly what ever you wanted.

Each store said that several people came in this morning and bought up what was left.

No - 9mm, 380, .22, 10/22, 308, 40, 45, 44, 357, 223, 222, 30-30, 50cal

I got some 12 gauge and .410, but they were almost out also.

I know alot of people are buying this stuff, but from what the stores tell me, they are not getting anything. Most think that there is something going on. They have had heavy times like this before, 9/11 etc. but have always been able to keep things coming.

I think the Govt. is already playing with our supply.
We need a whistle blower to come from someplace and put this right.

I hear you, brother.....so far so good for me in regards to getting ammo. Currently, I've been getting all my ammo from this site, and they deliver promptly, so give it a try. Sportsman Guide

I'm also going to a local gun show tomorrow to look for ammo, so I'll let you know how it goes.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Ok Guys I will let you in on my ammo source.

It is a great tool. ( if you don't mind the occasional shipping charge)

www.gun-deals.com...

Just about any caliber , anytime... and surprisingly sometimes great prices.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Taxi-Driver]

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Taxi-Driver]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
www.newsvine.com...
www.freerepublic.com...
9mmammunition.blogspot.com...

pajamasmedia.com...
www.statesman.com...

Im hoping to shed some light on this. Correlation, perhaps? Happy digging!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~ATS~

Im hoping to shed some light on this. Correlation, perhaps? Happy digging!

Correlation is two fold. One you have had a lot of gun sales in response to uncertainty in the political arena. After the "gun rush" from oct-april.. the "ammo rush" was in full force to supply the guns sold.

Couple that with Winchester getting the military contract. And you do not see that inexpensive , reliable , U.S. ammo in places like Wal-mart, and Cabelas. ( Winchester White Box..or WWB)

It seems to be subsiding. (at least for me personally) I can find just about any caliber round for my weapons fairly cheap, and fairly easily. (except .380 ACP)

As a matter of fact I shot about 450 rounds at the range today. Various calibers. I wanted to run through some of that Wolf 9mm I picked up.. (stinky) and test out the Winchester Ranger LEO 147 gr +P ( NOT Stinky)

I just found a coupon for 20% off any purchase at Big 5 ( and it didn't exclude ammo!) So tomorrow morning I am off to big 5 to get that 250 pack of UMC 9mm for about 65 bucks. Wash, rinse, repeat.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sweatmonicaIdo

Well dude.

Fact : the government continues wars that drain a lot of the ammo supplies.
Fact : the government is anti-gun and they just nominated to the supreme court a radical anti-second amendment (Sotomayor)
Fact : the government OWNS ALL AMMO PRODUCTION FACILITIES and almost no money have been put in those to be renovated/improved since the end of WW2.

So yes, the government is anti-guns and is responsable for a lot of problems about ammo supplies to the general population. Private ammo companies should be allowed to be built. Every state should have it's own ammo production factory. But of course the feds won't allow this since they want all the powers in their hands.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by sweatmonicaIdo

Well dude.

Fact : the government continues wars that drain a lot of the ammo supplies.
Fact : the government is anti-gun and they just nominated to the supreme court a radical anti-second amendment (Sotomayor)
Fact : the government OWNS ALL AMMO PRODUCTION FACILITIES and almost no money have been put in those to be renovated/improved since the end of WW2.

Fact: US troops are not supplied with .22 LR shells.
Fact: US troops only shoot about 6 different types of light weapon ammo,
and shortages are occuring in types they do not shoot as well.

Fact: The US government does not own all ammo production facilities.

Even federal cartridge is not run by the federal government.

en.wikipedia.org...

Remington Arms and Winchester Repeating Arms Company are not either.

Fact check your facts...

[edit on 8-8-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join