It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally hitting middle America

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I have no trouble finding .45, 12 GA, or 9mm at my local shop. But this is a small town gun shop in Pineville, NC. Matter of fact, none of the local shops I frequent are low on ammo. Their shelves are full. But if you go to any of the Walmarts in the Charlotte area, they are the ones that don't have it. There seems to be plenty of .223 and .308 as well at my local shops. The reason there is a shortage is because people are panicking(as usual) and buying up the supply.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

I agree this is correct. After Obama won the election most gun owners rushed out to guy ammo. In my state of Washington the cops even had a shortage. This is the 3rd time they either ran out or ran low. I read the dealers were ordering cases and were only being shipped a few each. Here is an interesting link. A flag for you

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Well- The Russians showed us how to take care of invading forces and 'eminent domain' in Napoleon's time:

Good Ol' scorched earth. They want it- they force people out of their homes, businesses, ect?
BURN IT. Burn it ALL down. Blow up the infrastructure. From cars to Walmarts to hospitals to water treatment plants. Forget ammo- use gasoline.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
A while back someone posted a video that ran the numbers on the amount of ammunition being sold every day in the US. It was a crap-ton. Like a billion rounds a day!
When I saw the video I had asked a question nobody really commented on.
How much of this ammo is being bought by Government agents?

Someone hands Private Snuffy 10,000 dollars with instructions to go buy all the ammo he can.
I'd be willing to bet it is happening.

I'm sure citizens are still buying a bunch also, but I'd wager that the Government is taking it off the streets. They know something is coming.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
The problem is not whether govts are making sure there are adequate amounts of anything,the problem is that govts are only out to control their livestock.

The livestock has become too dependent on the plantation owner,they depend too much upon outside sources to survive,or anything else...completely out of touch with everchanging reality...

The independence is gone,just admit you are helpless,then get up and correct yourselves,you can never be completly so,but.....

Or keep doing what you have been since about 1916.
Foolish slaves that you have become .

[edit on 21-3-2009 by chiponbothshoulders]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

j2000, I'm here in the Pacific Northwest and I routinely scout out the gun shops to see what ammo they have. We have access to pretty much all of the ammo you listed (I bought three more boxes of 30-06 yesterday) so this significant reduction hasn't hit us here yet. I will say that the shelves weren't nearly as full as they used to be, but there were still some boxes of ammo in pretty much every caliber.

I wish I had an inside contact with Federal or Remington to see what's going on with the production side. If there's no slow down, then it's just being consumed faster than usual. It's something I wish I knew the answer to. I'll have to email them today.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Try emailing the company?

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
plenty of almost everything here in AZ. Some places have limited the quantities that people can purchase as people at times have walked in and bought everything they could as theyve bought the conspiracies that .gov is keeping the ammo from us. Its not the feds buying it all up... its the citizens

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
Well- The Russians showed us how to take care of invading forces and 'eminent domain' in Napoleon's time:

Good Ol' scorched earth. They want it- they force people out of their homes, businesses, ect?
BURN IT. Burn it ALL down. Blow up the infrastructure. From cars to Walmarts to hospitals to water treatment plants. Forget ammo- use gasoline.

A modern variation to this theme is to add a few unpleasant surprises
to the landscape, and leave things behind that look useful but are
actually tainted, poisoned, or rigged to explode.

In Vietnam they did this exceedingly well.

Your method and this one together make the taking and holding of land
very bitter indeed.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrfire9
Try emailing the company?

As I said in the above entry, I'll email them. I have, since my last posting, but probably won't hear back from them for a few days because it's the weekend. Just for clarification, I wrote to the folks at Fusion Ammo. When they respond, I'll post the text on this thread for you all. I'm just north of Seattle and managed to buy 3 boxes of 30.06 ammo yesterday. They had six more there in 30.06. They did have .223 and .45 as well as 9mm there too.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

That is part of the point I was looking at.

How come, before we break the story on here, a few hours earlier, a few people show up at multiple locations and buy everything on the shelf?

This is not the norm around here at all. I have to leave town for awhile on a contract to IL. (yeah! sucks!) I will have to boys go to some of the shows coming up and see if Mil surplus is still avail.

If it's not, then we have a good Conspiracy going.......................
Like I said, just two weeks back, You could have filled at least 3 to 4 semi truck loads of just Ammo from the show.

There were vendors that had wooden cases stacked 6 feet in the air and over 50 ft long of just 7.62, plus all the others.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Same story in indiana. I asked for ammo and got laughed at.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
Walmart can't keep Winchester 9mm on the shelf. The girl who works sporting goods says she can't understand it. She used to order 9mm every 2 months, now she can't get in fast enough. I questioned her a little more, and she said it started around the time of the inauguration.

It started about the time of the inauguration did she say? Was there are run on white pillow cases too?

Seriously, if the economy genuinely tanks and people start getting hungry and desperate, you will need a gun and plenty of ammo. The funny thing is, even if the happens, the government will still want exert power and you may have to protect yourself from overzealous officials when they start knocking on doors and stock take your supplies for redistribution.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher
The funny thing is, even if the happens, the government will still want exert power and you may have to protect yourself from overzealous officials when they start knocking on doors and stock take your supplies for redistribution.

That is one of the scenarios I've been very contemplative about. I seriously doubt that they'd be successful at all when it comes to trying to seize assets and food supplies for redistribution (meaning: taking it all and giving it to the elite), but should they try it, I know of several people that would make sure they didn't leave with as man men as they came with, if any survived at all. I know way too many hunters around that would simply hit them from all sides (most are vets).

Lets hope they (the gov't) don't try it.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Maybe its just the area I'm in but I've had no problems with ammo supplies down here in Texas...

Maybe its just how we do things down here, but no problems here

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I wonder if it's an unconscious hysteria that is driving ammo shortages. I wonder how many of you are white, religious, or conservative. I'm not trying to pick any fights and I'm firm supporter of the 2nd Amendment but from reading threads like these, it really does seem there is a hysteria prevalent through certain cross section of this country.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Here in west TN myself. Haven't noticed any shortages at all. Heck the local range I go to, you can get package deals of range time + ammo and you get to keep the leftovers. The shelves are stocked full at every shop I go to.

I can't speak for wal-mart however, since I couldn't imagine going to the gun section there.

Heck I can go to bass pro shops right around the corner and easily spend 5 grand and they'd still have plenty. But then again, lots of hunters in this neck of the woods.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Hypntick

There are indeed shortages. You are lucky to have it available. Check out this youtube link. I posted this on a different site but it works well here too.

[edit on 21-3-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Oh I don't doubt that there are shortages in other parts of the country. I'm just stating that from my experience in Memphis TN, I haven't seen that. Now I will state whenever I do go to the gun store or to the range I see a lot more people than I used to.

Heck my local range has date night on Friday nights, went last night with my wife and there was a 2 hour wait for a lane. So I do know that more and more people are getting equipped.

I keep a fairly large stock myself so just in case it does get slim around here I shouldn't have much to worry about.

But as I said, I don't doubt it's that way elsewhere, I just haven't seen it here.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by zerocd

actually there has been a supply problem online for the last 5 months, the online stores like the stores you mentioned have only about 25 percent of what they advertise. you cant buy bulk, the only things available are small expensive boxes, guns are in short supply too....

i wish people would wake up and realize they elected the biggest liar since bill clinton, and this dud only cares about power and what he can take from the average joe.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join