It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-war British MP Galloway kept out of Canada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Anti-war British MP Galloway kept out of Canada

toronto.ctv.ca

Controversial British MP George Galloway has been denied admission to Canada to speak at a Toronto anti-war conference, and a spokesman for Immigration Minister Jason Kenney says the minister won't intervene.

Velshi said border security officials deemed Galloway to be inadmissible under Section 34(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. That act deals with excluding those who provide material support for terrorism.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.guardian.co.uk
news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Absolutely incredible!!!!

A sitting MP of an ally, a member of the Commonwealth and someone who was in Canada only a few years ago for a speaking engagement.

Whether you agree or disagree with Gallaway's views, which I don't, I thought we were a free country.

If he is a threat to Canada's National Security, then there are a whole lot of more people that should be deported or jailed on the same basis.

Just last month, the 400th anniversary of the Battle of the Plains of Abraham, a turning point in the history of North America, was cancelled due to threats of violence by Separatists in Quebec. Isn't that a threat to our National Security?

I am disgusted by this move. Free country eh? Upholding freedom of speech eh? I don't think so. I guess we Canadians are not quite capable of making up our own minds about what Mr. Gallaway has to say. We need our politicians to decide that for us. Thank God for Mr. Kinney and Mr. Harper. Where would we be without them.

toronto.ctv.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I wonder if Gerry Adams has ever visited Canada.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by The Last Man on Earth

He sure has.

www.sinnfein.org...

www.anphoblacht.com...

I guess the IRA is ok in our books though.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I like this guy, he pointed out before the Iraq War that the whole WMDs thing was BS... he's a fighter for freedom and against the NWO.

It's a shame. My country is rotten too from the inside with those scumbags running the two majors parties. DISGUSTING.

LET HIM IN.

Just last month, the 400th anniversary of the Battle of the Plains of Abraham, a turning point in the history of North America, was cancelled due to threats of violence by Separatists in Quebec. Isn't that a threat to our National Security?

Eh sorry, I'm in Quebec and it's not why it was cancelled. It was cancelled because they didn't want to show how the french army lost...saying it was protraying Quebec in a bad light...

I think this is stupid and they shouldn't have cancelled it, it's freaking history, hiding it won't change the facts.

[edit on 20-3-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
This sucks, George Galloway is probably one of the last great voices of truth in politics. He used to be a prize-fighter, and he takes that mentality into the political arena with devastating results. He doesn't miss a punch and he never lets himself get knocked around.

Some videos of Galloway:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Surely it would only portray the French in a bad light, and even then, at least they fought the battle, so it's a step up!

But I wasn't surprised about Gerry Adams one bit...

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
www.ctvbc.ctv.ca...

NDP Deputy Leader Thomas Mulcair told CTV's Power Play the re-enactment was "an incredibly bad idea" that was destined to fail in a province that still views its history as pre- and post-conquest by English forces.

"I think that it was a mistake from the beginning and it's a good thing that it was cancelled," Mulcair said Tuesday.

"But the problem is it's being cancelled now for the wrong reasons, because of threats of violence," he added. "And it's never a good reason to cancel something just because you're afraid."

It was cancelled due to threats made by a small group of Separatists.Also, it was the 250th anniversary of the battle, not the 400th as I typed earlier. I was in a hurry and got my dates mixed up.

new topics

top topics

join