It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fat shaming by way of bus stops

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nine-eyed-eel
The thing I don't like about the bus-bench-poundage bit, is not the fat-shaming aspect, but the lack of everybody-minding-their-own business aspect.
They the bus-bench-busybodies take it upon themselves to let me know that I'm fat or may be fat (did I ask them if I was fat? nope, nope)...It kinda makes me want to take it upon myself to subject such types to a little unrequested helpful criticism in return...something like "People who have to bug others "for their own good" in order to somehow advance themselves are a no-class drag"...know what I mean?-"Get a life" and "Who the hell asked you?"

Kudos to you!! I thoroughly agree. Doesn't everyone else see this as nobody's business?? And if you bitch and moan about paying more for health insurance because of a "bunch of fatties in the UK" (no doubt reported from some stupid tabloid msm sensationalist news outlet anyway!) then I would think the problem is with your sick HEALTH SYSTEM!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I think my point about all of this is that it's unhealthy to be fat, and people should try to lose weight by eating a healthy diet and exercise. But also, weight should not be a constant obsession. Healthy food can be cheaper than junk food, but requires more preparation and does not taste as good as junk food. The reason for this is all the chemicals put into fast food, or convenience foods to make them taste that way. There was a story linked to an article about that on Yahoo yesterday.

As for the humiliating weight sign, it is an invasion of people's privacy to display someone's weight for the whole world to see. There are bus stop benches around here with ads on them, and I have somewhat trained myself to ignore them. I could not ignore a sign displaying someone's weight, however. The sign should be removed, or else I would either not sit on it, or destroy it, depending on my mood.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join