It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Army T-Shirts Mock Gaza Killings

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

It just seems to me that the Israeli's are TRYING to provoke a

response from a muslim group

Give them a excuse to maybe to go at Iran

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Wait an Israeli speaking against the actions of Israel??

From the logic around these parts doesn't that make him an Anti-Semite?

- Lee

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
If you have seen my responses to anti Israel posts you would know that I am extremely pro Israel, but even I cannot come up with any justification for those t-shirts.

The only thing I would add is that they have free speech in Israel; therefore, these solders have the right to expess themselves in a vulgar way. If you ever served in the military of any county you would know that dehumanizing your enemy is normal.

That being said, these t-shirts are extremely offensive and really hurt the cause for Israelis that just want to live in peace.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I am pro Israel too, but you gotta get people who are proud to wear t-shirts like that and put them behind bars. Women and children are more important than any soldiers from any army, people who do things like that give a bad name to their comrades and also show themselves up to be warmongering cowards. WE are all brothers regardless of the fact that our favourite sport is killing each other.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Those shirts are freakin' amazing! I can't wait to order one of each. This could be one of the more blatant troll attempts by Isreal I have seen recently. Edgy, provocative, I like it!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
It's disgusting. And I am SUPPOSED to LIKE Israel. After all, OUR VALUES ARE THE SAME. I know, because my stupid congressman (Chambliss) told me so.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
That is just not acceptable.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Can't seem to load the link, keeps coming up with a page error. Anyone else have an alternative link?

Somehow I get the feeling that this whole article is an attempt to demonise and classify Israelis as blood-thirsty, hate-filled bigots. Most Israelis, like most Palestinians, want peace and security for their peoples. Doing something like this while the whole world has its eye on this region, would only increase the growing anti-Israel sentiment around the world...

If on the other hand this story can be confirmed and verified, then I am shocked and horrified at the israeli army and think all condemnation they receive is justified.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
These types of things only solidify israels rank as one of the most hatefull and phsychologically perverted creations to ever disgrace the face of this earth. words are not capable of describing the emotion that flows through me.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I can almost understand this.

Combat has a way of desensitizing people. It's sad but it happens. The Israeli Army goes through so much combat it must take it's toll out on the Israeli soldiers.

There is no way for us to know exactly what this shirt was being used for. It vary well could have been someone making for himself and a few of his buddies.

I think it's just as important to point out how distasteful this is as it is for people to be thankful that they do not have to experience the events that would drive others to this point.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Here is a pic of the disgusting t-shirts:

Dead babies, mothers weeping on their children's graves, a gun aimed at a child and bombed-out mosques - these are a few examples of the images Israel Defense Forces soldiers design these days to print on shirts they order to mark the end of training, or of field duty. The slogans accompanying the drawings are not exactly anemic either: A T-shirt for infantry snipers bears the inscription "Better use Durex," next to a picture of a dead Palestinian baby, with his weeping mother and a teddy bear beside him. A sharpshooter's T-shirt from the Givati Brigade's Shaked battalion shows a pregnant Palestinian woman with a bull's-eye superimposed on her belly, with the slogan, in English, "1 shot, 2 kills."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Israeli t-shirts

[edit on 3/21/2009 by haika]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Styki
I can almost understand this.

Really?

You can understand making light of pregnant woman and her unborn child being shot?

Wow, and I thought I had a dark sense of humour.

Combat has a way of desensitizing people. It's sad but it happens. The Israeli Army goes through so much combat it must take it's toll out on the Israeli soldiers.

Cry me a friggin' river.

Desensitisation to death and destruction is one thing. That happens to every soldier across the world.
They simply aren't traumatically affected by horrid experiences until years after their service.

Making fun of the death and destruction of others? That's what the Nazis revelled in.

Two completely different things here buddy.

Being a product of your environment does not in any way compare to actively helping to foster the continuation of that environment, which in this case happens to be widespread racial and ethnic hatred and discrimination against Palestinians.

There is no way for us to know exactly what this shirt was being used for. It vary well could have been someone making for himself and a few of his buddies.

Yeah maybe they ran out of clean clothes to wear and these are the only shirts they could find?

Grow up.

I think it's just as important to point out how distasteful this is as it is for people to be thankful that they do not have to experience the events that would drive others to this point.

Indeed. Be very glad you do not live in Israel and are not exposed to a governmentally, institutionalised programme of national apartheid and racial segregation and hatred.

[edit on 21/3/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
My gosh we certainly like to condemn Israel, don't we? It's fun. They're jews and therefor scum. Let's completely ignore the last line of the article:

"A spokesman for the Israeli Defence Forces (IDF) told Sky News Online, the t-shirts were printed on the private initiative of the soldiers and their designs "are not in accordance with IDF values and are simply tasteless. This type of humour is unacceptable and should be condemned".

Let's say the IDF really wanted this. Let's ignore the idea that an IDF soldier might have been outraged at the relentless missle attacks on his/her country and people and bought such a t-shirt. Rather, let's be the hypocrites we always are and say this is indicative of the whole country of Israel. This is what they're like.

IT'S SO MUCH FUN BEING THE DOUBLE STANDARD INTELLECTUALLY DISHONEST BIGOTS THAT WE ARE!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by matttheratt

My gosh we certainly like to condemn Israel, don't we? It's fun. They're jews and therefor scum.

great another israel lover and islam hater , who jumps in , lets change the your statement , for it will depict the truth about the elites and jewish supremacists of Israel

My gosh we certainly like to condemn Palestinains, don't we? It's fun. They're arab muslim and therefor scum.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   

I suppose these kids below are signing Israeli military munitions of their own accord as well?

Kids just love bombs as we all know from our own childhoods, hell I used to sign cluster and freefall bombs all the time as a kid. It's just so much fun.

You obviously aren't aware of the length Zionist right-wingers will go to completely subjugate the Israeli population into hating Arabs.

The IDF denied they killed any civilians outright in the war with Hamas and stated ANY civilian deaths were simply the doing of Hamas themselves. (Yes apparently that was Hamas's mighty airforce dropping 500 pound bombs left and right, not Israel's).

Should we believe that too?

And we're gullible... lol

[edit on 21/3/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I came across this very interesting article while surfing the net. It seems that the Israeli army is not alone when it comes to distasteful or offensive behaviour when revisiting past events.

Take for example, Palestinian reaction to the 2001 Palestinian terror bombing of a Jerusalem Sbarro pizzeria in which 15 Jews, five of whom were two sets of parents and their children, were murdered and an additional 130 people were injured, some permanently maimed.

As reported by the Associated Press, a month later, “Palestinian university students opened an exhibition that included a grisly re-enactment” of that mass murder. The students built a replica of the Sbarro pizzeria, with fake blood, splattered pizza, a plastic hand dangling from the ceiling, and a fake severed leg wearing jeans and a bloody black sneaker.

“The exhibit also includes a large rock in front of a mannequin wearing the black hat, black jacket and black trousers typically worn by ultra-Orthodox Jews. A recording from inside the rock calls out: ‘O believer, there is a Jewish man behind me. Come and kill him,’” paraphrasing a verse in the Koran. It became a popular tourist attraction for Palestinians, to which Palestinian parents took their little children.

Story: Guess Who Cares...

Yeah some inconsistencies in the article, but at least it provides balance in this thread.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Ok seriously folks... Let's be realistic and put this all into perspective.

Need I remind you that when Israel was first established as a soveriegn nation, they were subsequently attacked without provocation from all sides? Who were the original agressors?

I know, I know... Let's hear about how the jews don't have a right, Israel is "stolen" land, etc.... Sorry, I don't care about the "plight" of the arab. Call me desensitized if you like, I don't mind. I've done something that few are capable of these days: I've formed a strong opinion based on the facts that I have seen myself. That opinion is that there is plenty of land in the "holy" land. Peaceful co-existance is not impossible.

I am pro IDF, not really pro-Israel. Like I said in a previous post, I've got LOADS of respect for that particular fighting organization. If they are kicking a55, I'm happy. Likewise the IAF- Why anybody would even try to go "toe to toe" with the finest combat pilots in the world is beyond me.

The IDF and IAF are that good by necessity, as has been demonstrated in various degrees of severity over the years. They know that just over every border of their homeland lies countless misguided souls who would love to kill their families in the name of their god.

Seriously folks... Many of us can never truly understand what it must be like growing up in a country like this. Put yourselves in the shoes of these IDF soldiers, most of whom are 18-25 years old and already combat vets. Many of them have lost friends and relatives in this drawn out, useless conflict. Many of them have killed. That's a pretty hard pill to swallow for nearly everbody.

All one needs to do is look at how history has treated this subject. It doesn't make it right, just human. Look at how even the US vilified (especially) the Japanese during WWII in literature, movies, and advertising. Some of the newsreels and cartoons I've seen in the commercial market in America during WWII put these IDF shirts to shame.

Look at history folks, and spare us the melodramatic shock... This has all happened before.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   

your one to talk about intellectually dishonest.
you cant go anywhere on the web without seeing how barbaric the IDF is.
since you didnt bother to go to my thread on the actual abuses the IDF has commited and chose instead to focus on the t-shirts i will break it down for you.

israel straight out is guilty of commiting genocide in the gaza conflict.
and the armies nutbag rabbis encouraged their soldiers to believe it was a holy war and that god wanted them to drive the "gentiles" out of their holy land.

the artical
news.bbc.co.uk...

the thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

any arrogant bastard that believes such garbage is not worthy of life here on earth, let alone the honor of serving in the armed forces of any country.
those t-shirts are the refelection of the mindset of many people in israels government and military, and some in the civilian population also.

notice how i said the word "many". many does not mean all. that story was broken by an israeli soldier who was a man of true courage and honor who wished to speak out against the barbaric actions of his comrades.

the hypocracy lies in the fact that many on here realize not all israelis are bad, but their own military encourages the wiping out of all non jews or "gentiles". dont you see this as a problem? its more than just t-shirts. its official IDF policy.

the oppresed have become the oppressors. the jews have become the nazis. the hypocracy is sickning.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by sadchild01

My gosh we certainly like to condemn Israel, don't we? It's fun. They're jews and therefor scum.

great another israel lover and islam hater , who jumps in , lets change the your statement , for it will depict the truth about the elites and jewish supremacists of Israel

My gosh we certainly like to condemn Palestinains, don't we? It's fun. They're arab muslim and therefor scum.

Thanks for making my point about being intellectually dishonest by putting words in my mouth that I never said and thoughts in my brain that I never thought. Your hatred is appreciated and certainly makes this worls a better place to live.

I'm evidently not worthy of life on this earth, however, according to TheRepublic, and probably ought to be killed. Gotta love that level-headed thinking.

[edit on 21-3-2009 by matttheratt]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I'm evidently not worthy of life on this earth, however, according to TheRepublic, and probably ought to be killed. Gotta love that level-headed thinking.

yes actually, like i said if you believe that everyone who is not of your religion or race must be slaughtered or driven from your "holy land" please do us all a favor and kill yourself. im sure your god will have a place for you in heaven. then you can leave the earth to rational thinking people.

alternativley if unlike the IDF rabbis, you realize that every human life has value, and every human has as much right to this earth as any other human, then i would welcome you to stay here.

but really i have no time for genocidal religous nutbags.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join