It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Army T-Shirts Mock Gaza Killings

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Israeli Army T-Shirts Mock Gaza Killings

uk.news.yahoo.com

The revelations centre on t-shirt designs made for soldiers that make light of shooting pregnant Palestinian mothers and children and include images of dead babies and destroyed mosques.

The t-shirts were printed for Israeli soldiers at the end of periods of deployment or training courses and were discovered by Israeli newspaper Haaretz.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

One, printed for a platoon of Israeli snipers depicts an armed Palestinian pregnant women caught in the crosshairs of a rifle, with the disturbing caption in English: "1 shot 2 kills".

Another depicts a child carrying a gun also in the centre of a target.

"The smaller, the harder," read the words on the t-shirt.

According to a soldier interviewed by the newspaper, the message has a double meaning: "It's a kid, so you've got a little more of a problem, morally and also the target is smaller."

Another shows an Israeli soldier blowing up a mosque and reads "Only God forgives".

Above a ninja figure, yet another shirt bears the slogan "Won't chill until I confirm a kill".

The revelations, coming so soon after Israel's offensive in Gaza in which hundreds of civilians were killed - many of them women and children - are causing outrage.

Perhaps the most shocking design shows a Palestinian mother weeping next to her dead baby's grave, also in the crosshairs of a rifle.

It suggests it would have been better if the child had never been born, with the slogan "Better use Durex".

The controversy follows more revelations by other soldiers about abuses and the shooting of civilians during Israel's offensive during the Gaza offensive.

Ex-soldier and campaigner with Breaking The Silence, Michael Maniken, told Sky News Online this week's revelations suggest a pattern of immoral conduct in the army.

"The army keeps on saying we're talking about a few rotten apples but it seems the army doesn't understand there's a norm in this kind of action," he explained.

"We're hearing about this time and time again and the army seems disconnected from reality."

A spokesman for the Israeli Defence Forces (IDF) told Sky News Online, the t-shirts were printed on the private initiative of the soldiers and their designs "are not in accordance with IDF values and are simply tasteless. This type of humour is unacceptable and should be condemned".

Imagine the US doing this, I think the whole world would attack them. But in Israel's case... well read my signature.

Of course their spokesmen say, they also now damage control. Of course this is being fully rejected by the military, yeah right. I'm sure there are Israeli soldiers out there wearing these t-shirts. This, and the fact that ultra-right has made great victories last elections only confirm how a large group of Israelis think about the Palestinians and are all but interested in peace.

I'm sure there's a large group of Israelis who find this disgusting too, but I also believe there's a huge group of Israelis who do actually support this (the killing of Palestinians and the greater-Israel ideology).

What does Israel expect from the world? I cannot say their leaders are any different from the terrorists who are firing missiles onto innocent Israeli civilians.

uk.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20-3-2009 by Mdv2]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
That is just awful. But of course the Israeli military has to be de-sensitized to it, otherwise they wouldn't be able to take on the honorable task of shooting babies.

This reminds me of the Cannibal Corpse t-shirts I used to wear in middle school.....only I got in trouble for those plenty of times, and they weren't based on any REAL incidents.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Only Animals would wear such attire. It's absolutely disgusting. I can't comprehend the thinking of these people. Do they think these T-shirts make them manly? They're not men, men don't kill Women and children. They're weak and pathetic. Their time will come and I can pretty much guess they'll be crying for their mothers when that time comes.

[edit on 20-3-2009 by paul76]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Israeli soldiers admit to deliberate killing of Gaza civilians

The Israeli army has been forced to open an investigation into the conduct of its troops in Gaza after damning testimony from its own front line soldiers revealed the killing of civilians and rules of engagement so lax that one combatant said that they amounted on occasion to “cold-blooded murder”.

The revelations, compiled by the head of an Israel military academy who declared that he was “shocked” at the findings, come as international rights groups are calling for independent inquiries into the conduct of both sides in the three-week Israeli offensive against Palestinian Islamists.

The soldiers’ testimonies include accounts of an unarmed old woman being shot at a distance of 100 yards, a woman and her two children being killed after Israeli soldiers ordered them from their house into the line of fire of a sniper and soldiers clearing houses by shooting anyone they encountered on sight.

source

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
This is in very bad taste, but I have to say that I can't believe Israeli Army officials would condone wearing such a horrid display.

Edit: Confirmed in the story linked by the OP

A spokesman for the Israeli Defence Forces (IDF) told Sky News Online, the t-shirts were printed on the private initiative of the soldiers and their designs "are not in accordance with IDF values and are simply tasteless. This type of humour is unacceptable and should be condemned".

Sounds like the soldiers who used their private inititiative to print these shirts need some serious disciplining.

Do not judge the actions of the whole by the stupidity of a few!

[edit on 20-3-2009 by sos37]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
This is in very bad taste, but I have to say that I can't believe Israeli Army officials would condone wearing such a horrid display. More likely it's a few soldiers that need serious discipline.

I somewhat agree that they are likely not to actively promote wearing such crap, but this the fact that rules of engagement were so 'lax that they amounted on occasion to ''cold-blooded'' murder.' says enough about how much the Israeli military cares about human life in general.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by paul76
Only Animals would wear such attire. It's absolutely disgusting. I can't comprehend the thinking of these people. Do they think these T-shirts make them manly? They're not men, men don't kill Women and children. They're weak and pathetic. Their time will come and I can pretty much guess they'll be crying for their mothers.

Not to mention that potential bearers of these shirts are also women... Potential mothers themselves! The IDF is compulsory, and co-ed! They are also a highly efficient and competent fighting force by necessity. I have a lot of respect for the IDF.

Sounds more like a little over the top bravado to me though... I have seen a t shirt in a Marine Corps apparrel catalog that say "72 Virgin dating service". If you don't know your enemy, I'll explain the meaning: The Koran supposedly promises 72 virgins in paradise for jihaadi that die in service of Allah. The Marines are implying that they'll be happy to arrange the meeting.

I think we're taking something out of context, and making a mountain out of not a molehill, but certainly less than a mountain.

[edit on 20/3/09 by cbianchi513]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Israel has caused way more problems just from exsisting than necessary. Isnt there a rule or something that can strip israel of its sovereignty? Where is the world order when it comes to countries running wild and commiting mass war crimes.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
This is a"little"beyond bad taste . Now i saw a lot of different t-shirts and it was sometimes bad taste , but never this. By the way, even though officers and often even nco's are not involved in the design the info usually is not that hidden. For example when certain shirt was supposed to use a picture and writing that implied to a certain position usually occupied by female soldiers in the hq and was pretty bad taste, somehow the whole base knew,pressure was applied from above and the design was dropped for something less vulgar.
So since from what i read it is mainly concerning snipers i guess that someone simply choose not to interfere. On officers level. That is even worse then those t-shirts themself.
And it is certainly not bravado.
I hope that it is not widespread and only certain units are involved. Otherwise it really sucks. Usually army investigations have more with saving butt of top officers then with investigating, so let's wait and see the results.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
It's only a matter of time before people start wearing t-shirts that mock the holocaust.

As this war gets uglier, so will the actions.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by caballero

I agree.
Sadly, alot of people would feel that they had a similar case against the United States for all of the destruction and havoc we've wreaked. And I can't say that I would honestly disagree with them.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
israel and their government is full of racist genocidal thugs. this does not suprise me in the least. these people are pigs. the fact that billions of tax dollars a year goes to these aholes so they can murder women and children is the most outrageous. this has inspired me to write my congress people.

to quote from an artical in the BBC rabbis were telling the israeli soldiers that it was holy to wipe the palestinians out:

"All the articles had one clear message," one soldier said. "We are the people of Israel, we arrived in the country almost by miracle, now we need to fight to uproot the gentiles who interfere with re-conquering the Holy Land."

news.bbc.co.uk...

this racist genocidal religious nutbag bull crap MUST STOP! and we the united states MUST STOP FUNDING IT! i think its time to harass my congressman about this news story.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

No, they who wore shirts to glorify the holocaust would be arrested!
Or put under an international tribunal or something.
Not that I agree with being happy at someone's death!
I wasn't even pleased when Saddam was hanged! Was it really saddam????

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The Pro Israel Camp haven't arrived yet, it would be hard for them

to justify this, But they will

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seany

The Pro Israel Camp haven't arrived yet, it would be hard for them

to justify this, But they will

The only people who are pro-Israel are the politicians who get lobbyist kickbacks and misguided Jews. I say misguided because I'm part Jewish and I have Jewish friends and they all hate Israel. The fact that the Israeli government does what it does is a disgrace to Jews everywhere.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Jews have to gather up some courage then and speak out in one voice over the increasing number of disgusting actions coming from Israel. The jews in general are getting all the hatred being cast towards them and thats not good.

Its not right for people to say 'I am jewish, my family are jewish and this sickens us'. The world is uniting in disgust at Israels unforgivable actions and attitude to others, especially arabs and the UN.

They will probably respond with 'We are investigating' like all the other crimes they commit and never get punished for.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BigC2012

Time for the terrorists to ask why they are attacking Israel and at the same time getting a hammering for their own new country Gaza when they could be making their desert bloom. These terrorists aretheir own worst enemy. They are even more so their own peoples worst enemy.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Whoa! Nobody before mentioned that these were snipers... That's a TOTALLY different animal there. Having known several shooters, including one of my best friends, I can verify that those OSOK folks are just wired differently. Not that it's an excuse, but it makes it a bit easier to fathom for me at least.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Kind of ties in with a news thread from the BBC which I posted earlier.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join