It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Oklahoma City Bombing Was Taped

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   
The Associated Press is reporting that a secret service document written shortly after the attacks describes security video footage of the attack as well as witness testimony that suggested Timothy McVeigh may have had accomplices.

"Security video tapes from the area show the truck detonation 3 minutes and 6 seconds after the suspects exited the truck," the Secret Service reported six days after the attack on a log of agents' activities and evidence in the Oklahoma investigation.

The government has insisted McVeigh drove the truck himself and that it never had any video of the bombing or the scene of the Alfred P. Murrah building in the minutes before the April 19, 1995, explosion.

Several investigators and prosecutors who worked the case told The Associated Press they had never seen video footage like that described in the Secret Service log.

The document, if accurate, is either significant evidence kept secret for nine years or a misconstrued recounting of investigative leads that were often passed by word of mouth during the hectic early days of the case, they said.

Document: Oklahoma City Bombing Was Taped

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Ocelot why is it that you have the most unbiased and IMO important stories, yet they seem to get the fewest responses?
Is there anyone that has researched OKC that believes the official story? IF so they are probably the same ones that believe the official story of 911.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by aware
Ocelot why is it that you have the most unbiased and IMO important stories, yet they seem to get the fewest responses?

I can't answer that aware. All I can do and post them so people read them. I wish some of the threads got more replies.

Is there anyone that has researched OKC that believes the official story? IF so they are probably the same ones that believe the official story of 911.

I have researched the OKC bombing in depth. And yes the official story is absolute crap.

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by Ocelot]

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I think that this can indicate a high quality thread as as well as those with no use. Ocelots threads are obviously just to conclusive and well formed to have any debate attached

The official story is of course rubbish . . .

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Alex Jones mentions this on his website www.infowars.com.

Basically, the security tapes were held by the FBI but never released. Many witnesses claim there was a passenger in the van of Arab decent...but the FBI discounted this. It is believed that the man was Iraqi, once a member of the Republican Army, that went on to work in an airport in Boston. The same airport that was used in the 9/11 hijackings.

I'm a newbie here, not sure if all of this has been mentioned before, but thought it was worth discussion.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by sosuemetoo
I'm a newbie here, not sure if all of this has been mentioned before, but thought it was worth discussion.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sosuemetoo
Alex Jones mentions this on his website www.infowars.com.

Basically, the security tapes were held by the FBI but never released. Many witnesses claim there was a passenger in the van of Arab decent...but the FBI discounted this. It is believed that the man was Iraqi, once a member of the Republican Army, that went on to work in an airport in Boston. The same airport that was used in the 9/11 hijackings.

I find it very difficult to believe that they actually have video of the the bomber(s) walking away from the truck and have managed to keep it secret this long. While I'm sure those in government have the capability to do that, we've got to remember this was done during the Clinton admin. I don't think thet were disciplined enough to keep it quiet.

[Edited on 20-4-2004 by CommonSense]

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Maybe some of you have heard about the police not always releasing all the evidence they have about a case, and sometimes they give false information to see if any perpetrator who escaped would be at ease making their capture easier, and even leading the police towards others that were involved in the crime.

I am not saying this is the case, but none of you know the full details and this could have been the reason why this information was not released. Anyways, if the government really wanted to make this video dissapear, it would really have dissapeared.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Maybe some of you have heard about the police not always releasing all the evidence they have about a case, and sometimes they give false information to see if any perpetrator who escaped would be at ease making their capture easier, and even leading the police towards others that were involved in the crime.

I fully recognize that police hold back evidence information in many cases. My point here is simply that keeping this type of information secret, in a case of this magnitude, under the Clinton era is highly improbable if not impossible.

What would their motive be.

Clearly, showing the video would result in virtually every viewer looking for the accomplice. In this case, I think the police/FBI/ATF would welcome the assistance.

If the accomplice were of Arabic descent, the admin would have to have admitted a deep security issue that they were incapable of responding to. Good reason to try to cover it up.

If there was an accomplice of caucasion descent, what then. Admitting to it and showing the video would admit to a much broader conspiracy. One involving angry Americans and a real grassroots problem. Again, this would be more difficult to resolve and would provide a motive for covering up the true scope of the conspiracy. In this scenario, Clinton's admin looks effective in solving the crime - even though it was just complete dumb luck in a traffic stop. Or was it?

So with all this, where are we at? I still can't believe the Clinton admin (i.e. Circus Side Show) was capable of pulling off a cover up of this nature on something they didn't plan and execute in the first place. Ooops - Now there's an interesting idea! Too bad we can't ask Vince Foster for his thoughts on the subject!

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Hmmm lets hope it gets leaked, i'd like to see this.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
McVeigh�s Friend Ready to Go Public On OKC Conspiracy
Impending testimony in the Oklahoma state trial of accused and federally convicted Oklahoma City bombing co-conspirator Terry Nichols could blow the lid off the long-simmering FBI and Justice Department cover-up of the actual facts about the tragic federal building bombing.

Fortier says Nichols may have been 'used'
(Oklahoma City-AP) -- The star witness in the preliminary hearing for bombing conspirator Terry Nichols said today that Nichols may have been manipulated. Michael Fortier testified that Timothy McVeigh may have manipulated Nichols to get him to help in the Oklahoma City bombing.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I'm really getting to be more of the opinion that a tape does not exist of two people leaving the bomb truck just before the blast. With the current trial and the high level of "chatter" (sorry, I just couldn't help using that word to describe it) concerning a conspiracy cover up it up, the truth simply would have to come. All conspiracies involving many people eventually fail.

I think the talk of a tape may be an embellishment of an earlier siting of McVeigh and Nichols renting the truck as I recall.

BTW I do believe there was a much broader conspiracy in the planning of the bombing.

[Edited on 25-4-2004 by CommonSense]

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Well, I can't help it, but I believe there was a security tape. The important word recorded in this agent's workbook is "seconds". 3 minutes and 6 seconds. And I don't even care that he testified that "he has no idea why he wrote that"...bull-hockey. He wrote it because he, or someone he spoke with that had the tape and had viewed it, made note of the time-tag.

[Edited on 4-25-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I sure wish there was a way to drag the truth out of him. I'm wondering though, what could the reason be for covering up the tape? If it was still during the Clinton admin I could see it. They'd have too much egg on their face for missing a conspiracy. But under the current admin, I would think they'd want to bring that forward. The only thing stopping them would be resistance from the FBI looking like idiots.

I think I'll stop here. Next "logical" is to bring up the NWO order or shadow government.

Seriously though, if it exists I sure think we need to see it.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
So, is there anything new about a tape?

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense
So, is there anything new about a tape?

Ive been looking around and as I soon as I have an update I will post it here.

top topics

join