It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Gets 20 Weeks In Jail For Whistling

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The end of the article states

Wrobel claimed he was not the perpetrator and only whistled at his dog, but closed-circuit TV footage shown to the court depicted him repeatedly whistling when the couple left their house or arrived home.

This is just a little scary to me. He's outside his own home being caught on CCTV and that's being used against him in court?

I'm sorry, this guy ending up in jail over this is silly, IMO. THe fact that these people claim their health was affected is even sillier. Seems to me if they can't cope with a TV tune, there's already something wrong.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

Lmao!!! Man that would work wonders....until the cops arrive anyway

Another option I just thought of, you could always start yodeling like crazy.
Eventually someone will BEG you to stop!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Layla

Yes, I feel that it is total overkill. People take things far too seriously nowadays, everything is construed as a personal attack.
"OMGZ YOU WHISTLED AT ME!!!!" Give me a break. Just yodel back!!!!!
Nobody can withstand the deadly yodel attack.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
OH NOOOOESSS!!! HE'S WHISTLING RIGHT FOR US!!

Seriously?? I can't believe what people can get arrested for these days in the U.K. It seems like merely insulting a person can get you jail time, and these days with so many high and mighty political correct attitudes it can be a pretty damn easy thing to do. It's like people desperately search for a reason to get insulted.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
The article in the Daily Telegraph states that:

A man who harassed his neighbours for more than four years by repeatedly whistling the Addams Family theme tune at them has been jailed.

Telegraph article

Four years is a long time to hassle someone and the guy had already been ordered to stop doing it by the courts as he was under an Anti Social Behaviour Order. He was jailed for breaking the ASBO by continuing to whistle at them.

Serves him right for being an idiot.

Chasyb

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
This guy is the best! I think it is fantastic that he whistled at these folks to the point that they called the police, it shows real committment. I'm sorry, but its not harassment in any way, shape or form. Its funny and these folks need to get a life.

If they did'nt want him to whistle that tune, the gent should have changed his name from Fester to Frank and stopped taking that box with the hand in it every where he went....

The police should have fined these folks for abusing the time of the police

top topics

<< 1   >>

join