It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Book: Invisible Resistance to Tyranny: How to Lead a Secret Life of Insurgency in an Increasingly Un

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
lol I guess it depends on how you look at it. I've never been to the UK but I have definitely been given the impression you guys are in a similar boat to us..

I believe without a doubt that our governments are cooperating with eachother, among select others, in what has been referred to as an anglo-american empire...

As for the populace, you may be right, but I fear it's more a matter of who's population is getting screwed at any given time.

But something tells me I may be preaching to the choir.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by tac109
Ah Sh*#. I clicked on the link and my computer froze up for about five minutes. Well thanks a lot OP you went and got me black listed now.

it was most like caused by the pdf prompting to download.
hope that helps.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
OK, I have just started reading the book. I am on page 14 now, which states:

This book isn't written for psychos who wrap themselves in the rhetoric of freedom to justify the murder of innocents. This book is written for the ordinary guy or gal who wants to take back control of his or her own life and who is willing to take some risks to do it.

Up to page 14 every word makes sense, is objective and is absolutely true (from my perception, at least). I still feel comfortable with the contents so far and look forward to continue reading...

[Edit] BTW, I am staying in South Africa, and everything mentioned in the book so far is absolutely applicable to our country. Just change the names of the Acts and the persons (leaders) and it is as if this book was written by someone from South Africa for South Africa.

[edit on 22-3-2009 by Ysterlong]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I have just finished reading the book. There is a lot of practical guidelines about non-violent resistance to a tyrannic government and leaders. Being a South African resident, I immediately thought of Rubert Mugabe - our northern neighbor.

This book focuses on the role an individual person can play in resisting a mob-type government. It does not advocate violence, but rather discuss things like types of civil "disobedience" or retaliation, and focussing on not getting caught out. It does not advocate for a large structured type rebel organisation or freedom fighter type resistance, but rather tells you how you as an individual citizen can play a subtle role in toppling an illegal mob-type government.

Most revolutions didn't even promise freedom. Revolutionary leaders often want to take the wealth of the nation from those who had produced it and keep it among themselves.

Some guidelines it offers:

The basic tactics of invisible resistance are for each individual to do the following: Maximize one's own freedom, provide no support to the tyrant that can otherwise be evaded, and avoid the attention of the tyrant's enforcers at all times. Build and maintain a personal network of freedom-loving individuals. Use that network to encourage others to mistrust, fear, and hate tyrannical government and to resist in every possible way. Assist those targeted by political enforcers to escape persecution, prosecution, and imprisonment. Interfere in every way possible with the activities and morale of political leaders, their enforcers, and those who actively support government supremacists.

And I especially like the closing paragraph of the book:

Always remember this: leaders are not to be trusted and followed; they are to be controlled and strictly limited in what we permit them to do. That's the basis of the theory of a democracy of free individuals. A freedom-loving citizen tolerates the people elected to be in charge, but only for as long as they are providing the limited services of government that a free citizen needs and nothing more. Freedom must constantly be defended, and its defense must start at the very first attempt by political leaders to limit it in any way. If you make it clear to all that you will fight to keep freedom, you will continue to be free.

I am definitely going to share this book with some of my friends..

Once again, thank you nasdack24k for sharing this with us.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I started reading this over the weekend and am enjoying it tremendously. I will certainly pass it along.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ysterlong

Awesome, I would say I'm glad you found it relevant, but i honestly would be more glad if it wasn't so applicable to the world situation today. I am glad, however, that someone actually took the time to read it and appreciate it. I though it was a good read overall.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join