It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm done...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
My husband has a funny take on all of this endless economic debate: Often really, really, really smart people (like economists!) are CRAZY! And, likewise, bureaucrats and politicians are often very STUPID. Soo...the world is being swung around by the tail by crazy and stupid people.

What chance do we have really!?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Yes this is kind of a quandry,after 15 yrs my lawsuit is comming to fruitation,I'm wondering the money I recieve by the time I get it,will it be worth anything? or the money I've accumulated over the years,hate to blow a few mil then find out the economy is fine,hell if I know

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I'm pretty much getting burned out on the whole situation as well.

Then I run across a document of AIG warning it's employees about security like this one.

Tips for surviving an angry mob.

It does get old though.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Me too! I'm in total information overload.

I think all of this endless opinion, discussion, debate, statistics, predictions, tweeting and blogging, etc has made our country positively schizophrenic. No one really know what the snip is going on.

I think I am actually physically ill over it at this point. Someone u2u me when the world is about to explode. Or when it's over, whichever.

I agree as well and can't take it anymore! We have a home showing tomorrow. The second one for the same couple looking to buy a house and I'll be damned if they want the house IF we throw in half our furniture and appliances!!! At this rate I may not have a t.v. to watch all the crap on!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
When it comes right now to it, there is nothing we can do about this anyway. Our politicians will remain corrupt, they have been for many years..most of them. We can write congress but they don't listen, they pass the bills anyway. The rich will keep on getting away with their dirty lousy ways. America votes in a President who can't give a speech without reading it and has won the votes by promising the sun will shine brighter if you vote for him. This country as we knew it is gone. It will only get worse. Obama isn't going to save us. He's more interested in popularity, going on talk shows. He talks way too much. So I too throw my hands in the air and say whatever.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Lucky for you, you won't be listening to all that crappy news about the economy. Now you can pay attention to the REAL news that's taking place besides the economy.

Why, I hear some famous actress died in a ski accident! ... To think, you probably missed this news story (front page on CNN for 3 days now) and many other highly important news stories because of the dang economy!

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Making the sheeple, many here included, apathetic, is exactly the intention. Don't succumb to it.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
I'm done with all the economy news. I can't pay attention to it anymore. It's just gotten so ludicrous and stupid that I've determined it's a waste of my time.

Soorry . . .

May I recommend other type of news?
www.norwichbulletin.com...

[edit on 3/21/2009 by stander]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Perfectly understandable.
I applaud your honesty.
I've backed off a few times. Just to freshen up that brain, so I could wrap it around the topic again.

Just remember this. When doing other things, check your wallet every now and then. They seem to be working on new and clever ways of getting into it.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I would suggest rephrasing how you stated what you just stated. A person dying followed by lackidasical rhetoric can be construed as insensitive by many.

The woman died, it was sad, and brought the issue of brain injuries (which my friend had to fight through) to the forefront. And the mass media is established at such...but I think you could've worded it differently.

But, yeah, I am...not done with it. A slow train wreck. It is interesting, but I keep thinking about bugging-out before said pooey hits the fanny (fan).

[edit on 21-3-2009 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

People die all the time, when there is much more important news to be discussed, I am disgusted when celebrities, live or dead, consume the attention of the masses.

It reminds me of the surveys of American voters before the election that could tell you what Tina Fey said when acting like Palin, but couldn't remember a single thing Palin said.

So no, no rephrasing of my words, they stand as they are. If the ignorant want ignorant news to veil their eyes from the World around them, it shouldn't be to hard given our cultural acceptance of substandard news to begin with.

To the OP, stick to the Weather Channel and E!

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Puck, you're harsh...and you take no prisoners.

That's fine though because in my book, you speak the truth...and sometimes the truth is harsh. It's a lot more harsh than a couple of guys on ATS beating themselves silly with a wet pair of panties.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
When you think of it , the man in charge of the money , ALL OF THE MONEY

Tim Geitner is a confessed tax cheat

Did we really stand a chance

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Enjoy everything good and being with who you can, while you can!
We will all die sooner or later and the world will still be owned and
controlled by the rich. Unless revelation does come true.....

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   

I'm with ya. There is nothing we can do about it anyway. They will keep stealing from us, with the U.S. government as their accomplice.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Lucky for you, you won't be listening to all that crappy news about the economy. Now you can pay attention to the REAL news that's taking place besides the economy.

You hit the nail right on its head! Are we limited to the negative economy news? Of course not. There are other, real headlines that don't start with, "Bernanke . . ."

3 officers dead! Obama says that tresury secretary's job is secure, but yours not. 2 are killed in the stampede to kiss the Holy Butt! Flooding on the way! Sprouts and recession sneaked in! And on top of it

British singer Natasha Bedingfield reportedly weds in Malibu

my girlfriend forgot to send me invitation to her wedding!!!!!

I CAN'T TAKE IT ANY MORE!!! NONE OF IT.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by chasm
Making the sheeple, many here included, apathetic, is exactly the intention. Don't succumb to it.

Seems to me that everyone should, from time to time, step back from all of this in order to STAY STRONG mentally. It doesn't mean that they're automatically apathetic. Burned out, maybe. It doesn't mean that one is not aware either. Once eyes are opened really open, they can't be shut except through death or mental illness. Eyes CAN be shut to reality through mental illness. One form of eyes shut wide open is misinterpreting real reality through very intended paranoia.

[edit on 22/3/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Originally posted by chasm

Seems to me that everyone should, from time to time, step back from all of this in order to STAY STRONG mentally. It doesn't mean that they're automatically apathetic. Burned out, maybe. It doesn't mean that one is not aware either. Once eyes are opened really open, they can't be shut except through death or mental illness. Eyes CAN be shut to reality through mental illness. One form of eyes shut wide open is misinterpreting real reality through very intended paranoia.

[edit on 22/3/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

That's fair. The issue I was attempting to convey is the government, via the MSM apparatus, beats people down with BS to the point of creating a "eh, who cares already", apathetic citizenry. The stuff going on right now is a perfect example. AIG bonues....100% government and banks working together for the theater of it. It's all theater. Using the golf analogy: AIG is instructed to "put the ball on the tee" so the government can APPEAR to be horrified. It's all BS...it's the puppeteers pulling the sheeple puppets strings. Getting them to look over to the right when the real story is to the left. Getting us to feel animosity towards AIG (fellow citizens) instead of focusing our animosity on the true culprits in government.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Why, I hear some famous actress died in a ski accident! ... To think, you probably missed this news story (front page on CNN for 3 days now) and many other highly important news stories because of the dang economy!

I didn't miss the news about Natasha. It really saddened me and my heart goes out to Natasha's family and friends...and to the fans. She was a wonderful actress and I'll miss her. I'm still in shock over it.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Its like a car accident, you know its horrific and there is nothing you can do, but you can't help but look.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join