It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm done...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I'm done with all the economy news. I can't pay attention to it anymore. It's just gotten so ludicrous and stupid that I've determined it's a waste of my time. Really, I can't do anything about it anyway and it's really really really getting on my nerves. I've noticed lately that the vast majority of my comments on the subject end with !!!! Obviously TPTB have a totally different mindset than me. What happens, happens... and I'll deal with the consequences as they affect me personally. To be honest, so much news on the economy makes me wonder what I'm missing in terms of the other things going on that might not be as apparent, intentionally or unintentionally, in the news. Things that I used to be interested in that I haven't really paid any attention to since the economy topped the news.

When it's over, one way or the other, make sure to make a post that says that in the title so I'll know to read it.

I hope I can keep my commitment to this because I need to, to preserve my sanity.

Cheers....

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Funny you mention it because I was thinking this morning that I am there too. There HAS to be something else out there to talk about. I wonder if doctors have in increase with bloodpressure problems. Now it seems the media is on a bonus witchhunt.

I say we call for a no economic day on ats where no one touches any news about bonuses or bailouts.

And we have to find other news.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Me too! I'm in total information overload.

I think all of this endless opinion, discussion, debate, statistics, predictions, tweeting and blogging, etc has made our country positively schizophrenic. No one really know what the snip is going on.

I think I am actually physically ill over it at this point. Someone u2u me when the world is about to explode. Or when it's over, whichever.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

I say we call for a no economic day on ats where no one touches any news about bonuses or bailouts.

And we have to find other news.

I call that "Sunday".

Back on topic though... I feel the same way sometimes. It is like gawking at a bad accident. I don't want to look, I know if I see carnage I will feel badly about it, yet at the same time I cannot avert my eyes! Unfortunately, the economic situation is so captivating because it is truly a rare mess we are in and when it is all said and done, global relations will have changed forever. This is truely an historic period of time, but it is also sloooooow developing at times and the big picture will not be apparent until maybe a year or so from now.

Once the weather warms up (I'm at the N.E. Coast of the US) I plan to take a good long camping/hiking trip. No internet, no news, nothing. I need a break from all of this. (Not to mention my company has been letting people go almost every Friday this year so that adds to the stress as well.)

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

i agree ... it does get a little overwhelming ... i wish the narcotics conspiracy forum was open to take my mind off of the economy and just for something different on ATS ... haha just wishful thinking i guess ... but i agree with nixie_nox... there should be a restriction put on threads for a day that mention anything revolving around economy ... but then you would have those few who would scream foul and that ATS is restricting their freedom of speech

[edit on 20-3-2009 by baseball101]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Hang in there Dan... even if you do lose your job, it's not the end of the world. Camping trip... hmmm.... I think I'll plan one too, great idea! It's pretty nice here in SC already. Time in nature, sunlight and all that... Sounds better and better.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Hello Again

First and foremost, I am TOTALLY with you on this topic!!!! (haha) I was on absolute stress overload with the webbot thing (go ahead and laugh) and I've just stopped reading MOST of the dire prediction threads. But you DID say something

Obviously TPTB have a totally different mindset than me.

that I thought was really interesting. I saw a documentary some months back, the title escapes me at the moment, but the premise was "is there a class system in America"

The answer turns out to be a resounding YES. TPTB, the elite, the uber movers and shakers have a TOTALLY different mind set. They don't make friends because they like people, they cultivate contacts to continue to move them upward and onward. There are no loyalties except to oneself. No such thing as "taking one for the team" They function on a whole different level. No petty squabbling about relationships. Just the goal of metting (and using) the "right" people in the "right" situation.

Now, close your eyes, breathe deeply and relax!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I hope I can keep my commitment to this because I need to, to preserve my sanity.

I've tried doing this...I never make it long because I would like to stay a step ahead of what the public knows...just in case everything starts to fail.

I'm to blame for much of the ire on the economy as I post many threads on it....

You can hate me if you want for it....let out some steam on me....i'm willing to take it if it will clear your mind some.

Btw...i look forward to weekends far more than i used to as i know most of the bad info is out during the week and i can regain my sanity for a few days.

I'm stressing out as well over all of this...and as you stated....i've also never payed attention to the news...not at all.

I was all about sports. I love my Cubbies and Bears.

Mostly Cubs though...baseball has always been my favorite.

The problem with the economy is that it is everywhere...and it affects everything.

It's impossible to get away from it without living in a cave or in the mountains.

BTW....S & F.

[edit on 20-3-2009 by David9176]

[edit on 20-3-2009 by David9176]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by baseball101

Urmm. I didn't say we should restrict anything on ATS.

I just said I am personally in info overload. If other, more stalwart and brainy members want to forge on with the coverage and analysis, then God bless them and I'll read it because I can't look away. I just said I'm having difficulty coping with the sheer volume of information on the economic crisis.

That's all.

[edit on 20/3/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by baseball101

i agree ... it does get a little overwhelming ... i wish the narcotics conspiracy forum was open to take my mind off of the economy and just for something different on ATS ... haha just wishful thinking i guess ... but i agree with the mod ... there should be a restriction put on threads for a day that mention anything revolving around economy ... but then you would have those few who would scream foul and that ATS is restricting their freedom of speech

It doesn't matter, there are alot of other forums on ATS/BTS that have other subject to keep me occupied.
Hmmm.. Ancient Civilizations, now that's one I can sink my teeth into.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
I'm in total information overload.

I think all of this endless opinion, discussion, debate, statistics, predictions, tweeting and blogging, etc has made our country positively schizophrenic. No one really know what the snip is going on.

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking. There are so many lenses through which economic theory could be viewed before this mess that it was already dizzying and hard to ascertain. And now they have upped the ante in the game of confusion about who to blame and why through such a disparate and large array of reasons that certainty from the laymen would be pushed even further from our grasp. I am not sure who truly does know what is going on, but I can imagine that there is a possibility of foul play through misinformation here.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
reply to post by baseball101

Urmm. I didn't say we should restrict anything on ATS.

I just said I am personally in info overload. If other, more stalwart and brainy members want to forge on with the coverage and analysis, then God bless them and I'll read it because I can't look away. I just said I'm having difficulty coping with the sheer volume of information on the economic crisis.

That's all.

[edit on 20/3/2009 by kosmicjack]

Haha... I, for one, knew what you were saying.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

The problem with the economy is that it is everywhere...and it affects everything.

It's impossible to get away from it without living in a cave or in the mountains.

Hmmm... you may be on to something there!

I will admit that as somebody in his early 30's this whole economic fiasco sure has given me a new perspective on a lot of things in my life. So I've got that going for me.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

sorry about that i read nixie_nox's statement and i saw the mod symbol as i was scrolling down and i guess my brain put them together...

on topic: it's kind of funny imo that you post this in the global meltdown forum

[edit on 20-3-2009 by baseball101]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

That is the problem though. All the news is about economic stuff. But you don't want to miss anything. So you have to look.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

I've tried doing this...I never make it long because I would like to stay a step ahead of what the public knows...just in case everything starts to fail.

I'm to blame for much of the ire on the economy as I post many threads on it....

You can hate me if you want for it....let out some steam on me....i'm willing to take it if it will clear your mind some.

I'm just going to deal with the consequences as they come. Not saying I'm not preparing.

Hate you? Hahahahahaaaa.... You've written many good threads on the subject. Deny ignorance right? Well I can say I'm not ignorant on the subject anymore, but I don't have to drive myself crazy.
Like I said, make sure to make a post with "this is it" or something to the effect, I'll read it. Hahahaaaa.. seriously.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Earlier this week I was contemplating this idea of Economic-fatigue and was searching for any articles or comments on the phenomenon. I came across a blog (
) with an interesting title and I read it thinking it might underscore and better explain how I was feeling.

Wrong! When I was done reading it, I had a bigger headache than ever and I'm more convinced now than ever before that no one knows what's going on or how to fix it.

Take two aspirin and read at your own risk:

Are blogs ruining economic debate?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
It's amazing you started this thread my friend.

I just got a call and have another Contract to work.

I have been off for six months with all this crap going on, now back to work.

I get to go stick my head back in the sand some more!

Actually, I've woke up so much as too our true history, the new events, and what is coming, it will only restrict how much time I can spend on fighting for freedom.

I have to travel across the country this weekend to start on Monday.

Now I can buy that 50 cal I've been wanting! yeah!
The bad news, is I won't have time for family with the distance and hours, that sucks. I suppose my kids will keep my boats busy for me though.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

The one thing my Friend that I will never give in to is that I cannot do anything about it.
I will fight.
I will give my life in need be.

I will not give up until we have fully reset the Govt back to the Constitution that we live by.

I will not give up until the International Bankers do not Control My Govt.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I think I am actually physically ill over it at this point. Someone u2u me when the world is about to explode. Or when it's over, whichever.

Let me subscribe to that...

I'm sick and tired of not knowing which direction the world is going, are we ruled by the Bilderbergers or the Bonesmen, The Pilgrims, or either, or all, and knowing neither choice is acceptable;

Knowing there is information and technology out there, hidden, that could save the world or advance the quality of humanity's life but is being suppressed by those who want to keep their power is upsetting me to the point of murderous vengeance.

All this financial theft by the powerful and untouchable ones makes me throw in the towel of participating in an fair future where one's skill or knowledge is rewarded either intrinsically or extrinsically.

All I do these days is just loot the internet for movies and softwares like a pirate. (I guess I'm technically an Bonesman
)

I'll find a job either when I run out of cash, or until the day the PTB stops (snip) people over, because I'VE GIVEN UP ON A FUTURE UNDER THE PTB.

These days, unfortunately I suspect that an apocalyptic event is the only way for there to be change. The system and the PTB is entrenched too deeply, like an boil that will never go away unless one has it surgically removed, and destroyed.

Pray that the end of the world hits the PTB harder than it hits us.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join