It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Apologizes to Special Olympics for Bowling Joke

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Seriously I don't even think he cares at all to think about what hes saying before he says or even care to much if it's offensive for that matter.

I laugh in my head when i compare obama to the super huge present under the christmas tree that your sibling brags has his name on it and its going to be the best. Then they open it and it ends up being the biggest letdown ever and you just can't do anything but laugh.

Maybe he sould focus on his special administration and do something instead of continually make a fool of himself on tv.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Obama is living up to his nickname - Blunder Boy!

He commits an average of one blunder a day. That comment was for today, since yesterday he made at least 2 blinders.

This is not your father's superhero.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
He would rather be cool than classy and dignified.

You hit the nail there!

Guess it doesn't take brains to make President anymore...

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

I'll take a slip of the tongue over wrongly invading a country thereby costing America over 4,000 lives any day.

IMHO, it was sense of humor failure. Nothing more. I am certain ( since he is only human) that he'll make a few more.

Funny how all the usual suspects pile on to this never-ending Anti Obama circle jerk. Like bees to honey.

I would also take bowling a 129 any day, as I'm not that good on my feet since my stroke. ( As someone with disabilities I was in no way offended by his remark.) I joke about waiting for the short-yellow bus all the time.

A late night TV comedy show mishap. Big whoop.

Regards...KK

[edit on 20-3-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Regardless whether or not you support him, a man in his position should not be making tasteless remarks about a sporting event designed to raise awareness for disability and mental illness.

I believe the athletes - who are apart of the American Special Olympics team - probably felt fairly insulted last night.

President or not, those remarks should be rejected without hesitation.

No justification.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
I believe the athletes - who are apart of the American Special Olympics team - probably felt fairly insulted last night.

I suspect, they were all probably in bed.

"He who lives in glass houses........."

KK

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
I suspect, they were all probably in bed.

What makes you suspect that?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

11:30 pm is past my bed time. Your point?

KK

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
reply to post by riley

11:30 pm is past my bed time. Your point?

KK

wasn't making a point.. I was asking for one.
our talk shows are at 9:30 etc. not 11:30.

[edit on 20-3-2009 by riley]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

not comparable to a bush gaff?? it truly seems that you just like the MSM give this crook a free pass to say and do whatever he feels like, HE INSULTED MENTALLY HANDICAP FOLKS AND THOUGHT IT TO BE FUNNY, what dont you get about that!!!what is a bush gaff, dont like the way he says nuclear? this president has no class, no savvy, only wants to be cool!!!
i guess its cool for presidents to openly admit coc aine and marijuana usage, TOTAL BUYERS REMORSE, and i didnt vote for the empty suit,

[edit on 20-3-2009 by XD9611]

[edit on 20-3-2009 by XD9611]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

I'm confused. Is it blunder or blinder ?

"Our father's hero ?" I believe it's been a long time since that's happened
in the White house.

Some of you are looking for perfection aren't ya ?

Not easy to find is it ?

How easily you get upset over trivial things !

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by seangkt

Your post put a smile on my face

Thank you, i was feeling a bit defeated because of the other thread talking about the ammunition debacle, but reading your post takes me back, and remembering that same thing happening under our tree @ christmas, oh wait, i have to say the holidays or i might offend someone not akin to christmas

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
its amazing how people are supporting obama, sickening people that loves your presidents laughing at people being spastic. How is that trivial????

American culture of beasts really are disgusting.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

It was Jay Leno, what, in your opinion would have been better for his audience? Have you heard his monologue? It's shows like that that make dumb people dumber...

I did not hear the comment and I honestly have made some insensitive remarks in the past. As liberal as I may be, I'm not about to censor myself all the time. If I make a mistake, I acknowledge that it hurt someone and appologize.

If Bush had made the remark he would have deserved more hate-storm...who's the president who did not stay retarded executions and mocked those who plead clemency?

I say, depending on contexts, say what you want...the judgment should be due to character and action.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

"I performed badly therefore I must have been temporarily retarded"?

Edited for clarity

Now YOU just made a gaffe.

The term is developmentally disabled, NOT retarded.

Should we now hang you? And will you apologize to the developmentally disabled community? Or even those of us here who are offended by your words?

Peace

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Does anybody know what box set was given to the british p.m.??

I would take a crack at it but i might offend

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
No, screw that, he didn't "mess up". What he said was fine by me. It was a joke. I've made such a reference when screwing up badly at a sport too. People who complain and whine over this either have 0 sense of humor, or simply look for any reason to bash Obama.

I am not an Obama supporter, but grow up.

Oh my god, he is a human being, he isn't politically correct and omnisensitive 100% of the time! Big deal.

Sometimes, I seriously wonder about how people function in society.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by amazed

Retarded is defined as disabled. Therefore, they ARE retarded. Live with it. Sorry but PC land is temporarily disabled, if you catch my drift.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
Let me ask this - does this country need a friend as a president or a leader?

Both, this country intensely needs a friend AND a leader. I see no reason why a president can be only one or the other.

Can you be friends with someone, and be a leader to them when you need to be? I can.

Peace

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Whatever, you guys are blowing this way out of proportion.

Yes, he said it, but he realized his mistake as soon as he had made it, and proceeded to issue his apology before the show even aired.

It takes a big person to admit his mistakes and apologize for it.

I, myself, have made quips about the mentally handicapped... I say things I don't mean without thinking too... everyone does.

People slip when talking all the time, the question is, when it happens, what do you do? Do you play it off and pretend it never happened? Or own up and apologize?

Clearly he owned up and apologized.

But there are those amongst you who seem to expect Obama to be more than human, and never slip up. Yes, even you republicans have come down with a case of Obamania.
... some of you are incredibly detached from reality.

Every president, prime minister, and otherwise leader of every nation has said something without thinking during their career. Heck, one day in Parliament will give you enough dumb quotes to fill a small book.

... this has to be the first time I've seen an American president actually own up for a mistake. To me, that deserves some respect.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join