It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free downed weather balloon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I was browsing craigslist yesterday when I can across this ad.

daytona.craigslist.org...

The listing reads:

"Hey,

Over the weekend a weather balloon crashed in my yard. It's about half the size of a winebego and still has a lot of its original aluminum siding in tact, although you might have a tough time using it (I can't cut or puncture the #, even with a blow torch.) Could probably be used as art, maybe.

I would particularly appreciate comments from anyone who works for the Natonal Weather Service, because I guess they use monkeys or something now based on the bones inside."

It then has a picture that reminds me of the footage from the secret russian ufo files video hosted by Roger Moore.

Unlike most fakes, this one at least provided me with a good hearty laugh and I couldn't think of a better place to share this than here. After all, this community above all, should appreciate this type of humor.

Or, is it possible, that it could have some truth? Myself, I have to lean on the side of a fake, but you never do know about such things until you ask.

Either way, I'll email the lister and see what he has to say and I'll let you all know if I get any kind of reply. I live one town over from the person who listed this and if there is anything to take a look at besides fairies and unicorns, I'll take a ride by and snap some pictures.

Moses

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Are you certain it IS a weather balloon and NOT a UFO?

Are you going to start an anti-roswell type conspiracy ?

By claiming it IS a UFO and not a weather balloon?

Besides who the hell wouldn't notice that its missing........

Anyways its a hoax, as that picture is off the Russian UFO , can't remember when it was ,60's I think, you can see their sillouettes where they've been cut off.
Sorry mate.

ufos.about.com...

I know this isn't the right angle, but this is another picture of the same thing, I'm sure if you google you can find the right one.

THREAD DEAD!!!!!!

[edit on 20/3/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Ok, since you failed to see the obvious humor, you are forcing me point it out to you.

#1 This wasn't my listing I was merely commenting on it, so no conspiracies from me. I am simply pointing out something that I found humorous and I decided to share with people that I though would appreciate this type of humor.

#2 The fact that someone would use a screen capture from a very well known video that is hosted by a guy who used to be james bond as a weather balloon.

#3 The wording the person used to write this is very funny if you have ever read any of the information out there about downed ufos. Referring to the siding as "aluminum panels" and the point about "monkey bones".

#4 For all these years, ufos have been dismissed as weather balloons. Here we have someone saying the exact opposite. Get it?

There is more to it, but do I really need to get that involved in explaining it?

If you read the original post, you would have seen that I had already mentioned the russian ufo crash in 1969 via the russian ufo files video. So please, before you post to a thread and declare it dead, read it. My reason for posting this ad was because it made me laugh and I felt someone else would as well. So, please don't decide for everyone if the thread has value or not. Are you telling me political cartoons or even comic strips don't belong in a newspaper because it is not news? Geeze..

[edit on 20-3-2009 by Moses619]

[edit on 20-3-2009 by Moses619]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I thought it was pretty funny. Would definately laugh if saw thats on CL.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I know it was a humourous attempt.

2nd line.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I thought it was pretty darn funny.

Thanks for sharing!

Heike

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Weather balloon? No way. Of course it's a crashed UFO.
And it went down because of alien road rage! Just like in Roswell!

(Thanks to the OP from me too. Funny stuff!)

new topics

top topics

join