It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 1966 Westall UFO incident

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Hell no, man.
The screeching tires give it a bit of redneck charm!

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

I thought it was just me with the audio starting when the page opens...

I agree it is a bit annoying, it should load like the videos do and you have to press play...unfortunately I can't do much about it now

I think it's very cool with the audio, not annoying at all. I am a real techno idiot, so I was very impressed with that effect. I just thought you had found some magical way of making the audio track begin when I clicked the thread!

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

Nope, no magical/technical genius...

Just using ATS media to it's fullest

PS: And if I had known it plays automatically I would have linked to it instead of embedding it

[edit on 31-3-2009 by Chadwickus]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
there are many ufo incident stories like this as in China, this is the news link:
www.--.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Mario Maisto

I'm sure there are many similar stories out there.

All equally interesting/mysterious.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Bumping a GREAT case and thread. Great job Chadwickus...

This is a great case, one that certainly deserves more attention than it has got thus far.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I don't mean to be rude, but I can't read the thread with that audio going in the background. I looked for a way to stop it, but can't seem to find a way to do that. I would love to read this thread. Is there a way to stop the audio?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

Yea, click THIS LINK and click pause on the audio bar, that'll stop it. Then just scroll up and read the OP.

[edit on 9/25/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Thank you.
I couldn't even get that far into the thread to see that. My add was taking a mind trip trying to read and listen to something else at the same time.

Now I'm off to read the thread.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Thanks jkrog I didn't even see this bump, thanks for that, I appreciate the kind words too.

As for the audio, yeah I've tried to alert the mods about it ages ago to change it to a link instead. I thought it wouldn't load unless you pressed play.

Thanks again.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Another interesting UFO case from Australia, this time a School in Victoria.

I heard from this very interesting case today after I posted a link to a youtube video on facebook about that other famous case in which 62 Zimbabwe children witnessed a UFO and Aliens.

During searching for more information about it I found an interesting video about it and your very interesting thread.

Because you made this thread I post it here and give it at the same time a well deserved bump.

Geüpload door Time4TruthDOTorg op 18 apr 2011
At approximately 11.00 am on Wednesday, 6 April 1966, a class of students and a teacher from Westall High School (now Westall Secondary College) were just completing sports on the main oval when an object, described as being a grey saucer shaped craft with a slight purple hue and being about twice the size of a family car, was alleged to have been seen. Witness descriptions were mixed: Andrew Greenwood, a science teacher, told The Dandenong Journal at the time that he saw a silvery-green disc. According to witnesses the object was descending and then crossed and overflew the high school's south-west corner, going in a south-easterly direction, before disappearing from sight as it descended behind a stand of trees and into a paddock at The Grange in front of the Westall State School (primary students). After a short period (approximately 20 minutes) the object - with witnesses now numbering over 200 - then climbed at speed and departed towards the north-west. As the object gained altitude some accounts describe it as having been pursued from the scene by five unidentified aircraft which circled the object.

UFO Documentary - Australia (2009) - Westall 1966: A Suburban UFO Mystery

For those who are interested in the Zimbabwe case.

edit on 2/10/11 by spacevisitor because: did some adding and corrections

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Chadwickus - I know this event. Whenever the army/government (same thing) gets involved it is always difficult to get the entire picture. The fact a large group of people were witnesses is wonderful - in terms of research. I also think the choice of location - a school - is brilliant.

I am a Casual Teacher and for the last couple of years I have had Students disclosing to me in the classroom. I don't ask too many questions - but - what they tell me is amazing and I can feel their relief at having someone who gives them an outlet. I have kept sketches and artwork and I am published regularly in Ufologist.

This is the reason I became a researcher - by default. My theory is that there are plenty of Children who are Contactees and Experiencers and I for one am there for them. I tread carefully and the Students understand the politics.

With army/government intervention there are bound to be variations in memory recall - even though recall will vary anyway - but an authority figure telling a young person to never talk about this event - well that is going to influence the way their brain retains the information it witnessed.

Great post! Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Good thread. I've never heard of this case before.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Chadwickus, great job on the thread mate and this really is an interesting one - it's not the first time there's been claims of threats (and UFO photographs being confiscated) but some of the witness accounts do seem pretty compelling - I think the Australian researcher Shane Ryan used to be a member on ATS at one time but here's an interview with him from the Canberra Times:

Canberra Times presents an interview with UFO researcher Shane Ryan regarding the 1966 Westall UFO case.

Scrib doc

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

The military turned up quite quickly to investigate the area and question many of the students and staff and then told them to downplay the incident..

Hola mate, Bill Chalker makes quite an interesting comment below about the case where he states that Dr. Berson from the CSIRO suggested in a letter to the Condon Report's Robert Low that the Australian military had 'foreknowledge' of the Westall incident, it doesn't go into any more detail but it would explain why personnel turned up so quickly and (allegedly) threatened witnesses and confiscated photographs.

I have confirmed that at least one of the key Australian government scientists involved was Dr. Berson (CSIRO – Commonwealth Scientific & Industrial Research Organisation). He suggested in a letter to Robert Low, the coordinator of the notorious US Colorado University Condon UFO study project, the military may have had “foreknowledge” of the 1966 Westall event:

(the extract refers to the element of “D.A. … foreknowledge” of the Westall school event – with “D.A.” referring to Department of Air – the Australian Defence Department – Air Office – equivalent to today’s Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF))

The WESTALL UFO "Black Swan"

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
hey bruddah

came across this, apologies its from a today tonight segment so brace yourself for hideous reporting. and the sound isn't synched properly.
However, its the kids and teacher today.

Enjoy.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
And when the Australian government folks say they're releasing all their UFO files, should we believe them, or should we at least wonder about the confiscated photos from the Westall case (they took not only the firm but that teachers camera, as well)?

edit on 5-2-2013 by xpoq47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by xpoq47

By the sounds of things, any documents about it may have been destroyed.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

As much as I loathe the likes of Today Tonight, they sometimes get it right.

And the more publicity for this case, the better!

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpoq47

And when the Australian government folks say they're releasing all their UFO files, should we believe them..

Xpoq, according to a very well respected Australian researcher no, we shouldn't.

The Australian Government is not "releasing" its UAP files

I would like to correct an impression that I have read about on the net that the Australian Government, like some overseas countries, has a deliberate program to "release" its UAP files. This is not true.

link

By the sounds of things, any documents about it may have been destroyed.

Chadwickus, don't know about that mate but below is a recent article from Keith Basterfield about N.A.A. files and a UFO incident over Tullamarine three days before the Westall incident -there could be no connection but then again who knows?

Will a newly found file help us explain Westall?

Paul Dean is a researcher from Melbourne, Victoria, who has been very successfully mining the files of the National Archives of Australia (NAA.) Paul has recently located two UAP files, which not even the Disclosure Australia Project found.

The first is file series K95 control symbol 1986/871 titled "Aerial Phenomena - General [DCA-Transport]" held by the Department of Regional Australia, Local Government, Arts and Sport, with a date range of 1982-1986.

Westall related?

Of possibly greater significance is file series MT 1298/1 control symbol VTI-66/319 titled "Unidentified Aerial Object 3/4/1966 Tullamarine." Owned by the former Department of Civil Aviation, Victoria-Tasmania region. The significance of this second file is that the famous Westall High School case occurred on 6 April 1966, three days before whatever the Tullamarine incident turns out to be.

Tullamarine:

3 April 1966 Tullamarine:

The finding of A DCA file titled "Unidentified Aerial object" on 3 April 1966 at Tullamarine, Melbourne, Victoria, is therefore of great interest to UAP researchers. A copy of this file has been requested from the NAA. I will bring you its contents when I receive it from the NAA

It also lists this incident from Balwyn on the 2nd of April that I'd never heard of and there are quite a few other 1966 sightings listed here.

Other events:

Some blog readers will recall that April 1966 was a particularly interesting time in the Australian state of Victoria for reports of UAP.

2 April 1966 - Balwyn, Melbourne, Victoria.
Noticing his garden was lit up by an unusuall light, a man looked up to see a metallic looking mushroom-shaped object some thirty-six meters or so, up in the air, "floating" towards the ground. As he watched, it made a 180 degree turn through its vertical axis. The man managed to take a polaroid photograph of the object at this stage. The object then shot off northwards at terrific speed.

4 April 1966 Bourkes Flat, Victoria.
Driving alone, a man saw an unusual light in a paddock and his car's headlights veered to the right for no apparent reason. A saucer shaped depression was found in the bare paddock where the light had been. Later there was a fatal car crash at the same location.

6 April 1966 Clayton South, Melbourne, Victoria.
Many students and at least one teacher sighted at least one unusual object in the area of the Westall High School. Unusual ground traces were also located in the area where the object had descended. Witnesses told of officials suppressing the event.

link

Cheers.
edit on 27-2-2013 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join